Cover

Chapter Fourteen

Lia

Lucian had put me to bed like a child when we had gotten back to the apartment. It had taken a lot of encouragement to get him to continue on to his office as he had planned. I knew he had obligations and truthfully, I needed the space. I needed an afternoon to hold an ugly pity party full of thoughts of my evil mother and equally unsavory stepfather. Facing them both today in the courtroom had been more traumatizing than I had imagined; my stepfather's eyes on me today had made me feel dirty.

When I woke a few minutes ago, I had gone straight to the shower, desperately needing to wash the filth away. His eyes on me brought back memories of all the times he had touched me, defiled me. I scrub until my skin is bright pink. Lather, rinse, repeat, over and over. I sink to the floor of the shower and allow myself one final cry. My feelings of betrayal are definitely on me. Had my mother not proven to me many times over that she has no feelings? She isn't capable of love; she isn't capable of being a human being. I hate her with a passion...I own that. I might loathe my stepfather, but my mother, in ways, is worse. She abandoned me...her own daughter. She is the lowest of life forms. I refuse to let her have another moment of my time. I can only hope the bed she has made with the devil today burns her for an eternity.

Standing, I step from the shower to find the bathroom full of steam. I open the door to release some of it before turning back to the sink. I towel off before applying a layer of the orchid-scented lotion Lucian loves. I drop one of his t-shirts over my head and walk around picking up clothes from the floor. Lucian has gotten more and more insistent about hiring a housekeeper. I stubbornly refuse to relinquish that role, needing to earn the money he has spent on me. He has tried to entice me into a position within Quinn Software, which I refused, as well. I enjoy taking care of him, and I don't want people at his company thinking I have gotten a job there because I am sleeping with the boss. At least with me here, we can have privacy. And, let's face it, it's not like his million-dollar apartment is a pigsty; he is a neat person and always picks up after himself.

I take the clothing I have gathered and dump them into the washer. I am folding the ones that were in the dryer when a pair of Lucian's boxers gives me an idea. Maybe we both need a distraction from the ugliness of the day. Sex might not be the answer to all of life's problems, but it certainly helps sometimes. I jump up, quickly putting away the rest of the clothes before running to the kitchen. In the third drawer, I find what I'm looking for: a pair of scissors. Holding the scissors to the boxers, I hope fleetingly that his underwear isn't as expensive as his suits.

Thirty minutes later and the scene is set. As long as my nipples didn't fall off from lack of blood flow, things will be fine. I have just settled back on Lucian's favorite chaise lounge when the door opens. I have a moment of hoping to God it's not a surprise visit from Sam before my beautiful lover crosses the threshold, thankfully alone. He drops his case on the entryway table before looking toward the bedroom. I know by his intent expression that he is listening for me.

He starts walking in that direction when his gaze flickers to the side, sliding over me before continuing on. My breath catches as he stops abruptly. I almost expect to hear the sound of brakes being hastily applied. Astonishment washes over his face, then desire. I can see the flames flicker before catching fire. Those emotions are tempered by amusement. I am, after all, dressed...or undressed, in a way I'm certain he's never seen before. Crossing my legs at the ankles, I beckon him closer with my hand. "Hey, baby, I'm glad you're home." His eyes blaze at the endearment I so seldom use.

Stopping beside the chaise, his eyes leisurely trace the lines of my body. He reaches out to pinch one plump, erect nipple. "I can see that. I like what you've done with my things." He pulls my ponytail before blinking in shock. "Is that...my boxers?" When I grin, he starts chuckling. I know we both remember him teasing me about my penchant for finding strange things to tie my hair up with. Today, I've taken that to new extremes, and I can tell he loves my creativity. I have a string of dental floss wrapped around one erect nipple, a bread-tie around the other, the elastic I cut from his boxers holding my hair up and his purple silk tie wrapped around my neck as a necklace. He pulls his phone from his pocket, activating the camera. "I promise I'll never share this with anyone." I stiffen for a moment, wanting to refuse, but finally relax back, raising my arms over my head and giving him the shot I know he wants. He clicks twice before tossing the phone on the nearby couch along with his jacket. Before I can offer my help, he has his clothes laying on the floor and his head between my legs, eating me as if starved.

"Luc..." I moan as he thrusts two fingers inside me. His tongue twirls and flicks my clit as he pumps his digits relentlessly. I'm almost there, just starting to crest, when he suddenly stops. "Wh...what. Don't stop!" I shamelessly try to push my pussy against his retreating fingers as he pulls back. He smacks the side of my exposed ass before hauling me sputtering to my feet.

"No orgasm until I'm buried inside you, my little hell cat." I mutter curses under my breath as he takes the end of the tie I'm wearing and leads me over to the floor-to-ceiling glass windows. "Put your hands on the glass and spread your legs, baby." I see the bustle of the street below and look back at him uncertainly. He pushes his big body against mine, wedging his cock between the cheeks of my ass. He nips my ear, causing me to shiver. "What's wrong, Lia? Are you afraid someone might see me fucking you from behind?" He reaches a hand around, cupping one of my breasts before using the dental floss to tug the nipple sharply. Then his hand lowers, sliding through my slick folds to rub my clit. "Afraid someone might see your tits pressed against the glass or your beautiful pussy, begging for more?" At his words, my sex gushes, coating his fingers. He growls, rubbing harder before removing his hand. "You like the thought, don't you, baby? You want someone to see us?" I don't bother to confirm or deny his statement; we both know the truth. My body refuses to lie for me. He kicks my legs further apart and positions my hands on the glass. I push my ass back, begging for his possession. With one mighty shove, he gives me what I've been craving: all of him, buried to the hilt.

Lucian takes advantage of my arms raised high on the glass to grab my exposed breasts. Having him use the dental floss and bread tie to pull on my nipples is unbelievably erotic. The twinge of pain as the restraints cut into my engorged flesh only adds another layer of excitement and soon I'm close, teetering at the edge, just needing his big cock to hit that one sweet spot to push me over. I grind my ass against his base, desperate for the release only he can give me. It's so close, but he's controlling my body, keeping it just out of reach. "Luc...please...oh, please!" At my words, he goes deep...so deep, then takes a hand to my clit, pinching the swollen bundle of nerves. That's all it takes; I'm exploding, flames dancing all around as I convulse around his length. Time stands still; the city below appears frozen, as I stand suspended against the glass. Then suddenly, it all comes roaring back. Lucian's shout of release, the feel of him flooding my insides, our frantic, heavy breathing, and finally the streetlights twinkle as night comes to claim the world around us.

We stand completely nude, and I know someone could be watching, yet I don't care. Eyes peering at us through the heavy glass could never decipher all that we are, all that we feel in that moment. He has taken away my earlier pain and replaced it with love. I have no idea if that is even in the equation for him at this point, but it doesn't matter. He has given me more in a month than anyone else has in my entire life. Because of the man standing behind me, shielding my body with his, I feel hope; hope that someday we can move past all that haunts us, all that torments us and find peace. He is that for me, and I so want to be that for him. After a lifetime of being unwanted, here in this moment, by this man, I am wanted and for now, it's more than enough.

I lean my head back against his chest, enjoying the closeness that only comes from being intimate with another. His arms encircle me, his hands settling on my breasts. I feel his chest rumble against me as he tugs one stiff peak. "I think your nipple is turning blue. We better find something to remove these ties. I'd hate to have to explain your nipple injury to the emergency room." Now that he has brought it to my attention, I notice the pleasure has faded and little needles of pain are shooting through my tethered flesh. Lucian takes my hand and leads me to the bathroom where he finds a pair of clippers. We both appear to be holding our breath as he gingerly snips the dental floss around my sore nipple before carefully untwisting the bread tie. He wiggles his brows as he rubs circulation back into the area. "I think that falls under the category, 'don't try this at home,' don't you?"

Looking at the red circles left behind, I wince. "It sounded like a good idea at the time." My stomach growls as he is turning to set the water temperature in the shower. "I'm starving. Aren't you supposed to feed a girl before you pounce on her?"

Lucian reaches a hand out, pulling me under the warm water. "I think all bets are off when you are naked and wet with all manner of stuff tied to your body. That doesn't say feed me, baby; that says eat me."

"Oh, really," I tease. Wrapping my hand around his rapidly hardening dick, I ask, "And what does this say?"

Digging his hand in my hair, Lucian pushes me until I'm on my knees, my mouth level with his cock. "That says suck me." Taking him into my mouth, I proceed to do just that.