Chapter 16

Thank you for the support you've all given to this book! We're already at 4.2K reads!!

This book has also reached Number 10 out of over 5000 stories with #hopemikaelson :)

Hope's pov

The guards arrive exactly one minute after Lizzie leaves. I remain staring at my dad's decapitated body as I stand frozen in shock. I've never seen anything quite so horrific before. And that's saying something, considering the fact that I'm a Mikaelson.

The vampire guards rush into the garden all at once. Shouts of panic are heard- with their leader beheaded, they have absolutely no idea what to do.

"Shut up, all of you!" a woman shouts out, making herself audible over the rest of the voices. "What the bloody hell is the problem-" she abruptly stops talking when she sees my dad's corpse. I raise my head just as her eyes travel to me.

"Leave his body here. Take the girl to where the witches are being held," Rose says. 

Feeling gratified that they have someone to listen to, the vampires rush forward and take hold of me. I'm still in too much shock to be able to fight against them. They easily overpower me and roughly lead me into what seems to be the wine cellar of the chateau.

My hands scrape the dirt ground as I'm thrown inside. The door closes above me, enveloping me in total darkness. 

I can automatically sense that there is something wrong with this room. The atmosphere is too suffocating to be a cool underground cellar.

I try to conjure up a ball of light in my hands, then frown when I realize- I can't. My thoughts travel to the numerous magical artifacts that were laying around in my dad's vault earlier. Something from that vault must be draining out my magic here.

When my eyes adjust to the dark lighting of the cellar, I find that I'm surrounded by the nine young witches from before. The oldest out of the bunch is eighteen, maybe? The youngest is a golden haired girl who can't be older than fourteen.

I locate the girl whom I met briefly before, back in my dad's manor- The one with the pale white hair and skin. She tilts her head at me slightly, as if trying to figure out what's going on.

I let out a shaky breath as I get into a sitting position on the floor.

 I just hurled Lizzie into a statue and yelled at her to leave. I just sent away one of my best friends for good. I'm never going to see her again.

 I'm never going to see any of them again.

Strangely enough, I don't feel that horrible. And that's wrong. I know for a fact that this is wrong. Yet some unexplainable part of me continues to tell me that, if I had to do it all over again, I'd still make the choice I made. 

I'd still choose my dad over anyone else.

This is so wrong.

I got over my dad's death years ago! Why am I desperately trying to be near the man who shares his face, when my actual friends- The people who actually love me and care for me, are just a couple of miles away?

It's impossible to explain. But I just know it in my heart- I need to be here. With him. With my dad.

Am I going mad?

Either way, even if I go back to my timeline with the twins, there's still a very real chance that I might get erased from existence. I've already messed up the timeline so much that trying to reinstate myself back into history is too big of a thing to fathom. I'm only delaying the inevitable-