THE ENGAGEMENT

Since she had opened the bag, Aarushi had been sobbing nonstop. While crying, she was admiring the lehenga. She cried more every time her gaze rested on the lehenga.

She yelled out, "Ahaaan!"

"What just happened, Di?" When Nishi noticed Aarushi crying, she enquired.

"Nishi..."

"What?"She wept, "Nishi, this is the lehenga she sent me."

"Di, this is Beau." Nishi started to say but  when Nishi saw it, she was about to exclaim beautiful, but she instead said awful

Aarushi inquired, "You were saying something?" but Nishi nodded in denial

"It's terrible and...And too old fashioned, I won't wear this lehenga ever in my lifetime" Aarushi decided.

"Di, please calm down, see it's just a matter of one day and..."

"And that one day is one of my life's most important days, " Aarushi argued. She was absolutely right. The engagement was one of the most important days for a couple, especially a bride.

"Di, calm down... Di you can definitely select one for your wedding, but we don't have an option right now"

"No way!!"

Aarushi immediately dialled Abhishek.

"Hey, Sweetheart!" Abhishek said as he picked up, but he was cut in between before he could say anything further.

"To hell with your sweetheart, tell me one thing usually your Mom is so class conscious, but this is the lehenga she has selected for me? Neither the fabric is good, nor the design or the colour, it is too old fashioned"

"But my dear.."

"Don't dear me, tell me, Abhishek, that your mum did this on purpose, isn't it, just to irritate me? And what time period does it belong to? As she screamed. She had been furious at her future mother-in-law for a long time.

Abhishek pleaded with Aarushi, "At least listen to me."

"Abhi, why should I pay attention to you?" she further commanded, "Now you listen to me, I want to see you within half an hour, I don't care how you come, but you should be here, we are getting a lehenga of my choice".

"Di, why are you being so irate? asked Nishi.

A few minutes later, Aarushi was putting on other clothes, when a light flashed on her face, she looked around, it was through the window pane, she looked outside, Abhishek was standing outside the house, a mirror in his hand. Her sad face suddenly lit up. She took the stole and immediately went out of the house, she hugged Abhishek and gently kissed his cheeks, and they left for shopping.

Abhishek had taken her to a mall where she could see everything she wanted, "Meena Bazaar," with the best assortment for brides. Aarushi looked stunning, she tried on a few, but couldn't find the right one for herself. A while later, Abhishek approached her and placed a pink chunni on her forehead.

Looking at her in the mirror, he enquired, "How is it?" She responded with a big smile on her face.

He gave her a cheek kiss and remarked, "I really like it.

She looked at the man at the counter and said, "Pack it."

THE RAJPUT HOUSE

Nirmala Rajput sends Rajat to the Rajhans family to get the size of Aarushi's ring.

"Namaste Aunty" he greeted Niharika and Niharika welcomed him in but when he stepped inside his eyes fell on Nishi who had just entered the hall, her lips curled up and she spread a fake smile.