THE DANCE

"No, Mrs. Rajhans, there's nothing like that. We just want to introduce Aarushi to some of our family members and a few friends, so we'd like you to come to tonight's party. You know, it's a small gathering with just a few people," said Nirmala on the telephone, her voice dripping with politeness and a hint of excitement.

"If that's the case, we won't come, but yes, the girls will definitely come, Nirmala Ji," Mrs. Rajhans replied before disconnecting the call, her tone polite but firm.

"Mom, is all of this necessary?" asked Abhishek, his voice tinged with a hint of frustration.

"Of course, it's necessary, son. It's important for Aarushi to meet everyone before your engagement. Your dad's colleagues, my friends, and your dad's friends didn't get a chance to meet Aarushi, so it's very important," she explained, her tone carrying a sense of determination.

"Dad, can't you say something to mom? Why is all of this necessary?" he insisted, a touch of pleading in his voice.

"Son, your mom is right. Aarushi needs to present herself in front of everyone," his dad replied, his tone gentle but authoritative.

"But Dad..."

"Son, that's final! And please ask Aarushi to behave properly. I don't want to see any drama," she said sternly, her voice leaving no room for argument.

"Well, then I'll invite Aniket as well," said Rajat, who was standing nearby, his tone casual but with a hint of mischief.

"One moment, why would he come? Why are you inviting him?" asked Abhishek, his tone betraying a hint of curiosity and suspicion.

"What's the problem with Aniket coming to the party?" Rajat questioned, his tone laced with innocence.

"Yes, exactly...son, he's only a wedding planner for you, otherwise, he is the managing director of Satkaar Group of Hotels," their mother explained, her tone carrying a touch of emphasis on Aniket's professional status.

"You should invite Aniket, he should be invited," she added, her tone leaving no room for argument, reflecting her firm belief in extending invitations to everyone regardless of their social status.

The golden rays of the setting sun filtered through the windows, casting a warm glow over the Rajhans household. Nishi and Aarushi, already resplendent in their evening gowns, exuded an aura of elegance and sophistication. Aarushi's peach vintage gown draped gracefully around her, while Nishi's blue gown accentuated her graceful figure. Both sisters radiated confidence and poise as they made their way to Nitya's room, their heels clicking softly against the polished floor.

Upon entering Nitya's room, they found her sitting amidst a pile of clothes, her expression a mix of confusion and frustration.

"Aarushi! Nishi...you both look stunning, gorgeous..." Nitya commented admiringly when she saw them, a hint of envy flickering in her eyes.

"Yes, but what's this? Why are you sitting here like a ghost? Don't you want to go?" Aarushi asked, her tone playful yet encouraging.

"I do want to go, but I can't decide what to wear. I have nothing to wear," Nitya lamented, her voice tinged with frustration.

"Come on, it's not a big deal. Come with me, I'll give you something nice," Aarushi said reassuringly, taking her sister by the hand.

Nitya followed reluctantly, her mind still preoccupied with thoughts of her outfit dilemma. As she entered the washroom, she looked at the dress with a furrowed brow, uncertainty clouding her features.

"Where are the rest of the clothes?" she asked, her tone tinged with apprehension.

"Stop overacting and go put this on," Aarushi said firmly, pushing her sister towards the mirror.