HEARTSTRINGS PULLED

In the hushed atmosphere of the conference room at The Satkaar Group office, Aniket was deeply engrossed in a crucial meeting when the door burst open, and Nitya stormed in, disregarding the attempts of the staff to halt her intrusion.

"What do you think of yourself, Mr. Aniket Sharma?" she exclaimed, her voice cutting through the air like a sharp blade, drawing the attention of everyone in the room, including Aniket himself, who looked up in surprise at her sudden entrance.

"Ahem! If you all can excuse us," Aniket requested, his tone firm yet polite as he gestured for the board members to vacate the room, leaving him alone with Nitya.

"Nitya, you wanted to talk to me," Aniket began, but before he could finish, she cut him off, her words tumbling out in a torrent of frustration and accusation.

"Neither is your birthday in November, nor was there any scheme in your hotel. You caused such a huge loss at my sister's wedding leaving aside the weddings of millionaire families, you arranged my sister's wedding at a budget equivalent to a small event in your hotel. And yesterday, through your grandfather, you proposed to me. So tell me, Mr. Aniket Sharma, am I a big investment for you, or a big profit... Tell me!" she demanded, her voice trembling with emotion as she confronted him with the harsh realities of his actions.

"Done? Said what you wanted to? May I ask what kind of audacity it is to come to my office and question me like this?" he retorted, his tone tinged with annoyance as he moved closer to her, his gaze unwavering despite the intensity of her accusations.

"And regarding your question, listen, I was only trying to address your complaints, and perhaps that's why I lied to you. But this lie of mine is more honest than a million truths because my intentions are pure. And you, Nitya Rajhans, are for me both a lifelong investment and a profit because you are the only one who can turn my flaws into strengths, and the only one who can stand by me with such honesty and integrity for a lifetime. And you are the only one who can bring radiance to my existence with your simplicity," he declared, his words carrying a weight of sincerity that resonated in the silence of the room.

A heavy silence hung between them as Aniket released her hand and walked out of the conference hall, leaving Nitya standing there, her heart torn between conflicting emotions, a fresh tear glistening in her eyes as she watched him leave.

"Sir, who was she, shouting like that?" one of the staff members ventured to ask, breaking the silence that enveloped the room.

"The soon-to-be owner of Satkaar Group doesn't even have that much right... hmm?" Aniket replied with a wry smile, his words carrying a hint of amusement as he left the room, leaving behind a sense of intrigue and uncertainty in his wake.

As Nitya lay on her bed, the echoes of Aniket's heartfelt words reverberated in her mind, each syllable carrying the weight of his sincerity. Lost in her thoughts, she replayed their conversation over and over again, searching for clarity amidst the tangled emotions swirling within her.Meanwhile, Nishi, her curiosity piqued by her sister's cryptic statement and demeanor, sought answers, her voice laced with concern as she approached Nitya.

"Di, what happened? Are you okay? Di, please tell me, did you go to Aniket's office? What happened?" She implored, her eyes searching Nitya's face for any sign of explanation.

In response, Nitya offered her sister a gentle smile before enveloping her in a warm embrace, her silence speaking volumes as she held Nishi close.

"Tell Mom and Dad to give their consent to Aniket's grandfather," she whispered softly into Nishi's ears before releasing her, leaving behind a sense of mystery and intrigue.

"What??" Nishi's confusion only deepened, her mind swirling with unanswered questions as she watched her sister retreat into her room, her expression unreadable.