THE BIG DAY

Two days later, the much-anticipated day arrived—Abhishek and Aarushi's wedding day. The family was in awe as they arrived at the grand Hotel Satkaar, where the ceremony was to take place.

The hotel was adorned with magnificent decorations, leaving everyone speechless. From the moment they stepped through the entrance to the elegantly decorated hall, every detail was meticulously arranged, exuding beauty and splendour. The pathway leading to the hall was adorned with vibrant flowers, creating a picturesque ambiance that enchanted all who attended.

As Aniket glanced around, he raised his eyebrows in a silent question, seeking approval for the impeccable arrangements. In response, Nitya's smile radiated her approval, her eyes twinkling with delight at the sight before her. It was evident that every detail had been carefully thought out and executed, reflecting the love and dedication put into making this day truly special for the couple.

Aarushi, resplendent in her navy blue floral embroidered attire, looked every bit regal, her matching ornaments adding to her elegance. Her hair was meticulously styled into a bun, and her sisters carefully draped the carrot-colored chunni, ensuring it sat perfectly on her forehead. Despite her poised appearance, Aarushi couldn't hide her nerves. She clutched her twin sister's hand tightly, seeking comfort as Nitya helped with the Kaleeras. Nitya, opting for simplicity, looked radiant in a yellow lehenga adorned with jhumkas and green bangles, her hands deftly working to complete Aarushi's bridal look.

"What's the matter, Aarushi di? You seem nervous today," remarked the cheerful Nishi, adjusting Aarushi's hair from behind.

Nishi herself looked ethereal in a royal blue lehenga, a simple white chunni complementing her ensemble, with a beautiful gajra adorning her hair.

"It's my first time getting married, that's why," replied Aarushi, eliciting laughter from Nitya and Nishi.

"Yeah, yeah, unlike everyone else who gets married ten times," quipped Nitya.

"You shush! Just wait until it's your turn," Aarushi retorted playfully.

"Alright, alright, let's not tease my doll on her special day," their mother intervened, her affection evident as she addressed her daughter. Aarushi rose, a wide smile lighting up her face as she embraced her mother.

"May the evil eye stay away from my child," her mother said, placing a dot of kohl behind her ears.

"Enough of your blessings, Mom. Aarushi di has to go on stage now, we don't want her makeup to be ruined if she starts crying," teased Nishi.

"No, no, not the stage, Nishi, the lotus," Nitya interjected mischievously, adding to the lighthearted banter.

The crackling of fireworks and the lively music of the band heralded the arrival of the grand procession, prompting Niharika to rush outside to extend a warm welcome. She swiftly carried the ceremonial tray, ready to greet the procession.
Abhishek looked every inch the prince in his dark blue sherwani, accentuated by an intricately embroidered Pakistani shawl. A golden turban adorned his head, adding to his majestic appearance. Stepping in with grace, he was followed by his brother, dressed in a blue two-piece suit with a maroon tie.

From a distance, Nishi spotted Rajat and couldn't help but admire his regal attire. Rajat, noticing her expressions, smiled back appreciatively, silently conveying his gratitude. With a subtle gesture, he indicated that she looked equally stunning.

The couples were called to exchange garlands, and Nishi and Nitya escorted Aarushi downstairs. Abhishek gallantly took her hand and led her to the lotus, where they were to exchange garlands. As they stood facing each other, the lotus petals unfurled, and the families showered them with flowers.