part nineteen

"i'm guessing you didn't take my advice of telling mkay?" i ask as i approach cassie at her locker thats next to mine.

she huffs, rolling her eyes. "no, brianna. there's no need to make things worse."

i glance over to her as i grab my books. "if you say so." i mumble.

we shut our lockers at the same time, walking next to each other as we make our way to first period.

we start talking about the carnival and i also inform her about the stunt maddy pulled in front of everyone.

"what a bitch! please tell me you clapped back at her ass." cassie says, eyeing me.

i shake my head making her practically explode.

"she caught me off guard. i just had to get the hell out of there, especially with nate's family there."

"i get where you're coming from. where did you end up going?"

i smile slightly, about to tell her about my wild night with hardin, but i stop myself. i honestly dont know what to do about that situation and maybe that's a sign to keep it to myself.

i hear daniel call cass's name, bringing me out of my thoughts. she turns, realizing who it is.

"i'll be right back, don't leave me. i want to walk you to biology still." she says before walking over to him.

i lean against the nearest wall, pulling out my phone from my back pocket.

i go onto instagram, checking my feed. the first thing i see is a selfie of maddy, her having sparkly makeup on.

i click on her profile, deciding its best to unfollow her. we're clearly not friends anymore and i'd hate to let it drag out and wait for her to unfollow me first.

my body jolts from the loud sound of someone's hand hitting the wall beside my face. i peer up, hardin using his hand to balance himself.

"hey baby." he smiles, leaning in as he starts kissing against my neck.

i smile before pushing his chest, disconnecting him from me.

"what are you doing?" i ask him, looking around frantically. nate usually comes down this hall, it being the only way to get to our biology class.

"what do you mean? i told you you're mine again, bri." he says, almost as if i'm the stupid one for not knowing.

he tries coming back near me, his lips brushing across my cheek as i push him once again.

"hardin, chill. not here." i try but he just laughs at me, thinking i'm joking.

he stops when he realizes i'm not, tilting his head as his face now looks slightly angry.

"what, we're a fucking secret now?" he asks me sternly.

i wrap my arms around his neck, not wanting him to get mad at me. "what? no. i just meant like, i'm still with nate-"

"and when he sees us he'll get that you're not anymore." he states, beginning to be touchy with me again, his hands landing on my ass.

i shake my head once again, him not listening to me. "just let me break it off with him. i'd hate for it to just seem like i cheated on him." i tell him, making him chuckle.

"you already did, or do i need to remind you of saturday night." he whispers the last part against my neck, giving me chills.

he pecks my cheek before backing up, grabbing his book bag strap. "but do what you gotta do. just don't leave me waiting too long."