part seven

imessage from hardin💔
i just can't win with you bri, i swear
9:26 pm

hardin💔
you seriously fucked the one person i told you to stay away from

hardin💔
i get that we're over but we've still been in each other's lives for over a year, dated for half that time.

hardin💔
and that means i would never do shit to hurt you brianna, i fucking love you

hardin💔
and the fact that you fuck jacobs seems like you're doing it to hurt me and that's not fucking cool, you're better than that

i groan as i finally sit up, grabbing my nonstop dinging phone. i reread all of hardin's messages over and over, wondering what he's so worked up for.

where is he getting this shit with nate from? i haven't talked to him about anything and i know damn well it's not spreading around that quick if the little scene with maddy only happened two days ago.

imessage to cass<3
you talk to hardin at all today?
9:32 pm

imessage from cass<3
no, but i saw maddy talking to him in the halls earlier :(
9:33 pm

my heart drops as i read her message. maddy is a conniving bitch and i know if she thinks i've slept with nate and hurt her relationship, she'd do whatever she could to run mine.

even though hardin and i aren't even together, but still, that's just how maddy is.

i contemplate on what to say back to him. knowing him, he's probably not going to be able to think straight until i clear things up, but honestly i can't clear anything up.

i truly don't know if this is just based off of maddy's doing or has nate already told someone about what happened earlier this week and it's getting around.

i sigh as i rub my hands along my face. my phone dings again, making me sit back up.

310-***-****
come outside
9:47 pm

310-***-****
now
9:47 pm

my brows furrow, my heart starting to race faster by the second.

who the fuck is this and how'd they get my number?

i stand, walking over to my bedroom window, slightly pulling back the curtains to peek outside.

i don't see anyone until i simultaneously look across the street, a truck parked along the other side of the road.

i hurry and grab my vans as i shuffle through the hallways, going downstairs out the front door.

i walk across the street, circling around the truck as i notice the recognizable East Highland Highschool Black Hawk football team symbol printed on the back, making my eyes roll.

i get to the other side, pulling against the handle as i steady myself before hopping in the passenger seat, shutting the door behind me.

"hey." nate says lowly, i can see his head turn in my direction as he speaks, but i continue looking straight ahead.

i remind quite, leaning back to grab my seatbelt before i buckle it, going back to starring right in front of me.