part thirty

"i'm pregnant."

my mouth drops open, confused as hell at how this could be.

"mkay?" i ask cass, her looking down as she fiddles with her fingers.

"yeah, of course. even though part of me now wishes it wasn't his." she states.

i reach out for her hand, concerned because she literally fucking loves mkay. "why, what happened?"

she shakes her head as she nervously moves her hair out her face.

"nothing. just his reaction was bullshit. i was expecting better."

i nod, glancing around her room. i can only imagine what she means when she says she was expecting a different reaction because that means she may have wanted different as well.

"you wanna keep it dont you?" i eye her, clearly able to read my best friend well.

she breaks down crying as she leans into me. i hold against cassie, allowing her to let out built in emotions.

"it's not even about wanting to have a baby right now, but i just want to be a good mom bri."

i glare at her, shaking my head in disbelief.

"cass are you freakin kidding me. of course youre going to be the best mom ever, i swear to god. and in my opinion, if you feel like you wanna do that now, you have the right to." i try to encourage her.

i'm actually conflicted. cassie should be able to keep her baby if she wants to, but i know i shouldn't advise it, especially if mkay is already not on board. i would hate for her to have to raise a child on her own.

she sits back up, sniffling. "no, i know. i just know i can't keep it and that hurts my heart. but i get where mkay's coming from." she says.

i pull her back in to continue hugging and comforting her to the best of my ability.

"don't worry cass. everything will work out."

———

iMessage from kattt
bitch you better be ready
9:56 pm

I laugh as I walk outside, her car being in my driveway.

I open the door to the back, getting in. "heyy! but bitch you said ten, technically I still had time."

kat laughs along with bb as we began pulling out.

"please tell me you're willing to share that." I say to bb, her nodding nicely before passing me her vape. I lean back, inhaling the substance, loving the way it feels.

we soon pull up to the bowling ally, all of us hopping out at once. we lace arms as we head inside.

this feels nice, a cute girls night out that isn't a party. I wish cassie could be here, but she insisted that she wanted to tell her mom tonight about her pregnancy, i'm guessing about what to do, so she couldn't make it.

once inside, we eventually pay for admissions and head to get our bowling shoes.

"its way more packed than usual. i literally thought no one came here anymore." kat says and i agree with a nod.

we walk up to the booth, me chuckling as i notice derek's the one working behind it.

"you're joking." i whisper to kat, her instantly knowing what im talking about.

i turn back around, glaring at him as he approaches. "heyy, derek." i smile real big, twirling my hair against my fingers.

"what's up cutie. its just y'all three tonight?" he asks me, leaning against the counter, getting as close as possible.