Chapter Thirty Nine

Word Count: 1770

~Rosie

Three months later.

"I thought we could do something today."

Resting my head back against the shower wall, I listen to Time's persistent talking beyond the door. Eyeing where a lock should be, I turn the shower off, reaching for a towel to wrap around my body. I'm not anxious Time will walk in and see me naked...well, maybe I am slightly. He's never seen me indecent, and I'm not about to let him after how things have been recently.

It's not that I'm still holding a grudge against him; I'm actually quite happy as an immortal now. But things have been awkward between us, and completely platonic. He hasn't even kissed me, since I demanded he hunt down my brothers and bring them to me.

So far, he hasn't succeeded. Not for a lack of trying, though, which I appreciate. He's been out almost everyday, trying to find my brothers who are proving to be very hard to find, all while concealing ourselves from Sinful.

We are officially back in current time, and he's a real threat.

"Like what?" I ask through the door, toweling myself off quickly. I've decided that as my mate, I don't want to keep turning Time away. But initiating something when everything has been relatively frosty between us is not something I'm about to do without the proper situation. And Time doesn't seem to be interested in being intimate with some, even leaving touch to a minimum, and it's bothering me more than I would like to admit.

I think he's taking his role very seriously in finding my brothers and ensuring Sinful doesn't find us. It's gotten to the point where I'm wondering if he's already over me, that the fun of the matter has passed him by. I doubt that though, considering how hard he's working to bring my family back together.

But the though still probes at the back of my mind.

"I'm not sure. I feel like you've been holed up here for long enough. Maybe we could go on a walk or something," he offers. Pulling clothes over my body, I think that through. As much as that sounds delightful, I have to think of how dangerous that is. Even if Time isn't right now.

"Isn't that dangerous? I'm getting the feeling Sinful is getting close," I say once all my clothes are on my body. A sundress, for today, I've decided. It's a warmer climate where we have established a home, right in the middle of the forest for no one to stumble upon.

I can hear Time lean against the door. "Maybe. I just don't want you to get the feeling that I'm abandoning you...leaving you here alone everyday."

Starting at myself in the mirror, I sigh. If only he had any idea...if only I was going to tell him. At least my stress has reduced with our move here. It shows in the brightness of my skin, my eyes, once a dull, sullen blue, have lit up in contrast to my dark hair. I look pretty, and despite Time's lack of interest for his own reasons, I'm not going to deny that. I feel good being this healthy.

Opening the door, Time nearly stumbles back into me from where he had been leaning against the wooden surface. Flustered, he stands up, before his eyes linger down to the pretty dress I wear, that fights me beautifully. Time gifted it to me, among other clothing, a long time ago, when we first moved here. I doubt he ever expected I would put it on.

"You look beautiful. Red is a great colour on you" he murmurs, his brilliant smile reaching those sparkling golden eyes. "But it's your choice of what you want to do today.

I don't let my disappointment touch my eyes. Not even a spark of interest from him suggesting he might want to kiss me. Fine, I do have an idea, and it's one that he might not like.