Chapter Thirty Five

Word Count: 1601

~Rosie

Time is by my side in an instance.

My mind is overwhelmed, as I come to terms with the fact that my mate, from my era, has come here, instead of me having to go and save him. I had an elaborate plan within my mind, which for a moment, was put on hold, but Time did it himself. He escaped from whatever hell he had left himself in, and has come to save me.

"Are you okay, did he...I hurt you?" Time questions, holding my shoulders tightly while he looks down my body, examining me. I can see the flash of concern in his eyes, as he sees my silken clothing supplied by his past self, and the fact that I look better than when I first arrived.

"No...What's Thought going to do to him?" I question, brushing Time's arms off me. Moving past him, I go to follow to pair into the room past Time was dragged into, but my arm is grabbed.

I pull away. "What?"

"Thought will take his memories away. Then we need to leave while we still have enough power to channel," he tells me, but I still pull my wrist away from him. I have a right to say one more thing to him before that part of him is taken away forever. I spent a few weeks getting to know him, and now suddenly it is being taken away. I knew it was going to happen, so I'm surprised why I feel this way.

Following Thought into the next room, I see he's pushed past Time into a chair, circling him. Thought looks no different to how I saw him that night he promised to take Time's memories and failed. He must have escaped too, and contacted his brother.

So much has happened that I'm not aware of...

"That's it, you're just going to take his memories away just like that?" I question. Thought's circling comes to a stop, as he looks over at me, silver eyes flashing.

"We need to get out of here now," Thought tells me darkly.

I'm not so sure why I'm surprised everything is going so quickly. They have no reason to waste time in this realm, when Thought surely wants to return back to his own era. But after everything I've been through with this Time, this feels so...abrupt. The way he looks at me, not even fighting back, simply looking betrayed, oddly breaks my heart.

"I don't want to forget you, Rosie. I need something to make this cruel existence worth it, even if it's just one memory of you," Time begs from his seat. His desperation looks real, twisting my heart, even if he could be manipulating me for his freedom.

"Don't be sappy. Keep it to yourself like you did before you found out you had a mate, it suits you better," Time says from behind me, walking in, looking at his past self with disgust.

Time, sitting in the chair grits his teeth. "You wear a lot of black clothing for someone who supposedly changed their lifestyle.

I blink. This is a strange inception, watching the exact same person speak to themselves.

Thought places his hands on both sides of Time's head, bringing a sense of seriousness back to the situation. He flinches, looking at me with eyes that feign fear, which I can't decide if it's not sincere or not. Maybe he will miss me, or dread the years without me, but I didn't think he would act this way. Especially when he knows eventually he will cross my path again.

"I'm sorry," I breathe, even though I know I'm not.

Suddenly, his eyes roll back, turning milky white as his memories are drained by Thought's hand. I watch with my jaw clenched, my expression in a wince. I hope it doesn't hurt him. I hope he wakes up and his life resumes as normal, and nothing in the future is changed.