Chapter Thirty Six

Word Count: 1627

~Rosie

I know Jasper. Well, know of him.

Before I died, I was a Love Pack member, but I knew well of all the other Pack's and Alpha's which came along with it. Thirteen Pack's, thirteen Alphas. Jasper was one of them, once. The Alpha of the Devotion Pack, with his Luna, Thea. After their deaths, which my memory falls to tell me how, their son took over as Alpha.

But I never would have assumed Time would have anything to do with him. Not a mortal, even Jasper could have even been considered one. He was a Phantom Wolf, with special abilities I never looked into. It was always frowned upon, in the Love Pack. I couldn't begin to imagine why.

"Is he important?" I question, wondering why he brought me here, not too far from the future. Less than a few hundred years I would imagine.

Time glances at me. "Unfortunately, yes."

As he approaches, his features become more apparent. Surprisingly, he isn't how I remember seeing him in books and on the television. His hair is still the same mussed, obsidian thickness, but his eyes aren't the infamous violet colour he was known for; that all that Phantom Wolves were known for. Instead, they are a soft bronze colour, meaning he mustn't be dead yet, for the Phantom curse to take place.

"He's just been cast out by his father. He has nothing left for him, and I'm about to come into his life and change this," Time tells me lowly. Grabbing my arm, he pulls me behind a cluster of trees, concealing me from the approaching Alpha.

Glancing at Time, I can see the worry plaguing his expression. This is big, whatever is. Even I'm concerned this is going to change everything between us.

After everything, hopefully that isn't possible.

Jasper walks, head bowed, looking forlorn. His shoes scrap along the dirt path, his clothes torn and ruined in places. Whatever his father did to him, he has left him with nothing but the clothes on his back. Now he is left wandering around this forest, ready to be taken advantage of a bored immortal, who has millions of years to terrorize whoever they want.

"Jasper always told everyone it was his father who had cursed him, out of embarrassment. His father just cast him away from his home, not thinking Jasper would be a good enough Alpha. I took complete advantage of that," Time whispered lowly, eyes glued to Jasper's solemn figure.

I went to question him further, but the sound of a slow, taunting clap drew my attention back to the path ahead, knowing immediately who that cruel gesture belonged to.

Another version of Time stands there, his clapping ceasing.

"Out of luck?" he questions, that slow, amused drawl sounding all too familiar. This is happening before Time realised that being as evil as possible didn't serve him all that well. That means that he is capable of anything, even if deep within, there is a part of him that is worth bringing back from the brink. He just has admitted it yet.

Jasper stops short, eyes widening in response to the immortal in front of him. Seeing a pure-blood like Time in your lifetime is extremely rare, especially in the middle of nowhere. I can tell this is in the Devotion Pack before it was properly civilized, making this even more random.

"Who the hell are you?" Jasper questions, backing up a few wary steps. Time comes into my view properly. He looks awfully intimidating, in a dark, well-fitted outfit, a picture of ethereal grace.

"You know, Jasper. Shall we skip the playing dumb?"

Even I flinch at Time's words, as he backs the poor guy into a corner. Metaphorically of course, but frightening just the same.