Chapter 12

____________________________________

"I can still see you," Kinsey starts, while chuckling at the brunette.

"No, you can't," Jade blurts out nervously as she looks towards the parking lot that isn't that far away. She wonders why she doesn't just make a run for it.

Then, she realizes that that would be a complete fail. Jade Hill has not run since the sixth grade and that was only because she had to if she wanted to pass the class.

Kinsey laughs out while her eyes scan the girl from top to bottom as she stalks closer. The tight black skinny jeans that reveal the shape of the brunette's perfectly slim legs, distract Kinsey for a moment before she hesitantly looks up and cocks a brow at the brunette. "I guess I have a fan now. I haven't made it pro yet. Am I gonna need a restraining order?"

Jade's eyes dart at Kinsey's deep blue ones. Is she serious? A restraining order?

"It's a joke." Kinsey scoffs, looking away while crossing her arms.

"A horrible one. Maybe next time make it a little less cringe," Jade fires back, seeming to find herself in moments like these. Moments in which sarcasm takes center stage. She composes herself, folding her arms too. Almost as if purposefully mimicking the blonde.

"Damn, and I was starting to think I could walk all over you," Kinsey smirks at the girl as she takes a casual step forward, cleats brushing against the grass.

"N-No, you can't," Jade utters unnervingly as she takes a gradual step backward. Her newfound confidence dissipating with each backward step.

"You're intimidated by me." Kinsey insists as her body leans in some more, lessening the space between Jade and her. Her lips naturally curl up as she can literally feel the anxiety emanating from the brunette.

"No, I'm not," Jade squeaks as she looks off to the side, trying to avoid the piercing ocean blue eyes that make her melt internally. The same ocean blue eyes that made her lose her sense of self, along with her dignity.

"Yes, you are." Kinsey takes another step, surpassing what Jade considers respectable human boundaries. What's with this girl and personal space?

"Am not," Jade huffs as she takes a tentative step back, almost tripping on a ridge in the fractured concrete sidewalk.

"Are too."

"Well." Jade nervously breathes out. "How do you expect me to feel when you nearly beat my ass just yesterday?" Jade gives up, knowing deep down that she is indeed intimidated by the dominance that exudes from the blonde.

A grin overtakes Kinsey's features at the brunette's admittance. She quickly disguises her satisfaction by biting the side of her bottom lip. "Well, how do you expect me to act when I see you everywhere?"