Chapter Four - Way to the Heart

It was probably the best night's sleep I had ever had, as soon as she left the room a jumped out of bed and bolted for the bathroom. I knocked on the door to see if Stephy was inside and she wasn't, which was a relief. So, I hopped into the shower and the water was hot for the first time since I could remember. I let the hot streams flow through my hair and as the water washed over my face I felt something wrong, but I couldn't tell what. When I got out of the shower the steam had fogged up the mirror and when I wiped it away my face looked normal. My cheek had gone back to its normal size and the cut on my forehead had closed up and all that was left with a little scar over my eyebrow. I looked all over my body for bruises from yesterday, but they were all gone. It made sense why mom hadn't mentioned when she woke me up. Since I couldn't explain what happened I left it alone and went to my room and caught Stephy in the hallway coming to the bathroom. Her hair was ruffled up and she looked worn out like she had sent the night partying.

"Please tell me you didn't use up all the hot water?" She asked me with a large yawn at the end.

"Sorry, it just happened," I said with a grin, but she completely ignored me and grunted as she entered the bathroom. She didn't notice that my face was completely fixed either and she saw me last night, or maybe she was too tired to care. I went into my room and got changed into a grey how-to pick-up chicks with a picture of a guy picking up a chick on it, a pair of jeans and my black hoodie. When I got downstairs I was hit by the smell of pancakes, scrambled eggs and God's perfect creation, coffee. In the kitchen, mom had made a whole Valentine's day themed breakfast with heart-shaped pancakes, eggs in the shape of hearts and sausages made into little heart arrows. The table had a bouquet of roses in the middle and a red cloth draped over it. When I saw my mom, she had tied her hair back and wore a red bow over her it, she wore a pink dress with polka dots over them. She turns around and looks at me with a huge smile and her big blue eyes inside of her glasses.

"Oh, good morning love, how did you sleep?" Her voice was full of so much joy that she was almost a new person.

"I slept amazingly, as soon as I got bac, I jumped into bed and knocked out."

"Speaking of you getting home, you got home quite late last night, I was worried you know. You could have called." Her voice changed completely to sadness and disappointment.

"I'm sorry. I dropped my phone and it broke so I couldn't call, and I also damaged my bike, so I dropped it off at the bike guys to fix it and walked home." I lied, I wasn't in pain anymore and I didn't have any wounds so there wasn't a point mentioning it anyways.

"Okay then. Now go sit down on the table and wait for your sister as I finish making breakfast."

I didn't take long after that for Stephy to find her way down the stairs, she had a black beanie on, a purple Fall Out Boy under her black Zelda hoodie, jeans and high-top sneakers. She dragged herself to the table and poured herself some coffee, which was weird because she didn't like coffee, but logic had been thrown out the window at this point. When we finally put food our plates, Stephy inhaled hers before mom and I could even start.

"So, how was your date?" Stephy said, at least I think that's what she said, she had a mouthful of eggs.

"It went very well, he wants to take me to the movies tonight."

"OHHHHHHHHH," Stephy and I said in unison.

"Oh, shush you munchkins." She said while her white cheeks turned to the colour of the rose on the table.

"So, it looks like Oli isn't the only one with a date tonight."

"You didn't tell me this."

"Yeah, this girl dropped him here last night and he asked her to the Storm Watch party."