Seven

(hI HOLY SHIT
I DIDN'T KNOW PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY READ THIS I JUST KINDA THOUGHT IT WAS INSANELY CRINGY BUT HERE WE GO)

A smirk set upon my lips as I saw my good amigo Henry walk down my toe of cells.
He waltzed over lazily and leaned back against the cell.
"Well, good news man, the kid wants to bunk with you."
My heart fluttered and I thought of being able to hold my baby boy close at night. Maybe I'd sing to him in Spanish and run my fingers through his hair. Thinking about it made me lust for it even more.
"Although.."
Son of a bitch-
"There's a new inmate," He looked down. "Sounds like bad news for even me, man. We're running low on space and this new guy needs a place to bunk. He's gonna have to bunk with you two."
My eyes narrowed and I gave him an unimpressed look.
"You're fucking serious?"
He chuckled sadly. "I don't make the rules, man."
I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, leaning against the bars.
"Alright well.. you got any info on him?"
Henry had a glossed over look in his eyes as he reached up and let his hair free, holding the tie in his teeth as he lazily French braided his hair, letting it fall past his waist when he was done.
"I mean.. no one saw this but.."
He slipped a packet of copied files under the cell bars, a smirk on his face.
"You know, they really should fire me." He snickered.
I grinned and pat him on the back from inside the cell.
"Man, thanks."
I beamed.
Henry chuckled.
"No problem, man. I get ya', it's unfair being stuck behind bars on a false account."
I nodded, wishing I could be home with my husky Daisy, curled up on the couch watching Dr. Phil.
"I get that.. hey, you think you could slip me a book? I really don't care what, just any book. Sucks looking at a wall and thinking. Oh, and get my boy one too. Maybe we can read the same one.."
I started to ramble on to myself but I could tell Henry was still vaguely listening.
"Alright, man. You have a good night. I'll see what I can do."
I nodded and shook his hand through the bars, walking over to my cot and laying down. Every time I saw those scratchy blankets all I could think of were the breakouts my poor baby got every time he laid down. Sure enough they could afford cotton or something, the poor kid had a wool allergy and they didn't give two shits about it.
That night I promised myself I'd get the both of us out of here. I'd get us home, maybe we'd stay at my place. It didn't seem like he had family, I didn't see him on visitors day talking to anyone.
I got to see my sister. Man was she getting fed up of taking care of Daisy but I knew she secretly loved it. I missed her smile so much, I missed us carpooling to our spin class.
Sure, my dominance made me seem more masculine and it probably made others think I'm straight but at home I've got all of Queer Eye recorded and I watch it on weekends religiously.
I sighed and looked up at the top bunk, wondering what it would be like to see my baby's sleeping face on my chest. The thought of hopefully seeing him soon got me to sleep but all night I tossed and turned.