Chapter 13

Catina quietly planted the flowers in her garden under Catrina's stare.

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Catrina questioned anxiously.

Catina shook her head, "It's fine, really, I prefer to garden by myself."

Catrina furrowed her eyebrows, "Are you being sarcastic?"

Catina paused, her eyes opened wide in shock, "I'm not. I'm completely serious."

Catrina stared at her for a moment before conceding, "Well...If you say so."

Catina nodded before she returned her attention back to the flowers she was planting.

"Are you sure you're not upset?" Catrina questioned again.

Catina couldn't resist giggling, "I told you I'm not upset."

"I'm just making sure." Catrina said in her defense.

"Yes, yes, I know." Catina said appeasingly.

"Anyways," Catrina started in an attempt to change the conversation, "Our cousin will be arriving in a few days."

"Uncle Gabriel's child?" Catina questioned slightly confused.

"Who else?" Catrina answered with a roll of her eyes, "We only have one uncle."

"No need to get sassy with me." Catina said pouting slightly.

"I was really curious about this cousin of ours, so I took time out of my precious day to ask mother about him." Catrina continued.

"uhuh." Catina answered a bit absentmindedly as she continued planting flowers.

"Mother says he's a year younger than us." Seeing that Catina was barely paying attention, Catrina poked her before continuing, "That's why if he's going to train with us, he needs to be tested for magic early."

Catina furrowed her eyes, "He's only younger than us by a year, it shouldn't be a big deal."

Catrina rolled her eyes, "I never said it was."

"Oh." Catina relaxed, "Well that's good."

After that Catrina continued to go on about whatever information about their cousin, she had managed to obtain from their mother. His name was Greyson, and he was the only child of their uncle Gabriel and his wife Penelope. According to their mother, he's very quiet and studious.

Catina giggled, "You're quite the gossip, aren't you?"

Catrina's face slighted flushed in embarrassment, "It's not my fault you're not curious about our cousin."

Catina smiled, "I am curious."

"Yea. Okay, whatever you say." Catrina said dubiously.

Catina laughed at the obvious disbelief in her elder sister's tone. "What he's like, I'll know when I meet him."

"That's if you can get over your shyness long enough to talk to him." Catrina said with a slight smirk.

Catina flushed and didn't respond.

"Don't worry Tina, I can talk enough for the both of us." Catrina said condescendingly.

Catina turned her back towards Catrina, which only caused her to laugh.

"Don't be embarrassed, it's cute that you get so shy." Catrina said, her voice laced with laughter.

It was in this moment that Catina decided that it was best she ignore her elder sister.