Chapter 19

Kathy's POV:

Jesse... loves me...?

I left Leo without saying a word and ran back to the hotel. I saw Cleo by the car and ran over to her.

"What?!"

"Jesse loves you!"

"How do you know?!"

"No time to explain! Jesse saw you leave with Leo! Go to him!"

"Where is he?!"

"In the hotel! His room number is ninety-two! Go!" Cleo exclaimed as she pushed me towards the hotel.

I ran inside of the hotel and saw an elevator about to close. I pushed my legs a little harder and made it into the elevator.

I took deep breaths, trying to calm my breathing.

"Kathy?"

Jesse...?

I turned around and saw Jesse staring at me with wide eyes.

Jesse and I were in the elevator alone.

What do I say to him?

I should be blunt. I like you Jesse. Do you like me too? This should be easy.

I felt nervous in my stomach.

I took a deep breath. I'm going to do it. I'm going to tell him how I feel.

"Jes—"

"Aren't you supposed to be hanging out with that guy?"

I was taken aback by the tone of his voice.

What happened?!

"I left. I need to tell you something."

"Now you want to talk to me? I thought you were ignoring me? And besides, you don't like me, remember?"

I messed up.

Now that I needed to talk to him, he's upset with me.

I messed up.

What should I do?

I can't tell him how I feel now. I lost all of my confidence. I have doubts about telling Jesse how I feel. Is he really in love with me?

I took a deep breath.

I should just leave and talk to Cleo first. In a few seconds, the doors will open, and I can leave.

The elevator stopped moving, but the doors didn't open.

I waited a few seconds before I started pressing the numbers beside the doors, hoping the doors would open.

"Stop it or you're going to break it," Jesse said, but I ignored him and continued pressing the buttons like my life depended on it.

"Do you think we're stuck in here?" I asked.

"Maybe."

I heard a woman's voice speak through the microphone in the elevator. "There's been an incident with the elevator. We'll fix it as soon as possible. Please stay calm."

I'm stuck in an elevator alone with Jesse.

"This is your fault, Yolk!"

I looked at him with wide eyes. "My fault?"

"Yes!"

"Why is it my fault?"

"Because you pressed the buttons."