Chapter 6

Kathy's POV:

"We're here, gang!" Zack announced as we drove by a sign that advertised the Miami hotel we were going to be staying in for the next three days.

We've been travelling to Miami for the past few days and tonight we made it. We are going to stay in Miami for three days and leave and head on the road again.

Zack checked the rear-view mirror to see his girlfriend and myself sitting silently. "Come on! We're in Miami! Give me some enthusiasm!"

"Yay..."

He sighed and glanced over at his friend who was engrossed in a book. "Jesse. Give me something."

Silence.

Zack gave one final sigh and parked the car in the hotel's parking lot.

We walked inside the hotel, but Jesse pushed me out of his way, and I sighed to myself.

It's been four days since Jesse went back to hating me. Things have pretty much gone back to normal. Jesse threw insults at me while I ignored him.

I went back to hating this vacation and wishing that I could be at home again.

The past two nights, the four of us stayed in two different hotels to rest and charge our phones. This time round, I shared a room with Cleo because I refused to share a room with Jesse again.

Zack and Jesse went to the reception desk and booked us in, while Cleo and I waited for them by the elevator.

"Are you alright?" Cleo asked me.

"Just tired. Why do you ask?"

"Because of Jesse."

I sighed to myself.

"It bothers you."

"Of course it does."

"No, I meant it bothers you that he's not friends with you—"

"We're booked in. Let's go to our rooms," Cleo and I heard Zack say as he walked towards us with the beast by his side.

The four of us were in the elevator. Cleo and Zack looked between Jesse and me awkwardly because of the silence between all of us. The elevator doors opened, and we all walked out with our suitcases in our hands.

"So, where's our room?" I asked Zack as we walked down the hallway.

"Your room is at the end of the hallway. Mine and Cleo's room is right here."

Jesse and I paused in our tracks to look at Zack, and we yelled out, "What?!"

"That's right! You heard me, bitches! You two are sharing a room! I'm sick and tired of babying the both of you! I'm a teenager with hormones and a girlfriend! I want to spend one night with my girl, which I haven't done since you two started acting like kids!"

"I'm not acting like a kid."

I stomped my foot like a five-year-old throwing a tantrum. "I'm not sharing a room with him!"

"And I'm not sharing a room with her!"

"I don't care where you two sleep. You can sleep outside for all I care. I'm sharing with Cleo, and that's final!"

"Fine, it can't get any worse than this. At least I have a bed this time."

"Um, Kathy, about that..." Cleo began; her face was sympathetic.

I looked at Cleo, knowing what she was going to say. "Don't finish that sentence."

"A lot of the rooms were either booked or far from our price range," Cleo admitted. "We'll each have a room with one bed. I'm really sorry."