12. bye bye belle

twelve        

twelve         .       bye bye belle
[ narrative ]
JUNE 30TH, 2024
(semi-permanent) goodbyes
lizzie's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

BELLE WAS heading back to her hometown today, and Kate was planning to head out as well, so we've got sort of a busy day, along with having to watch the kids for a majority of the day.

"Lizzie!" Kate shouts as she runs towards me. "Malachi just called you his girl!"

My eyes widen and Malachi's cheeks go a slight tint of pink as he mumbles something to Kate about wanting to murder her.

"That's not exactly—" he stutters a little. "I said I wanted to make you my girl in the near future."

My face heats up once more, and Kate starts to make fun of me for it.

I'd like to say we're friends? It seems like we are. We can joke around with each other, and she's super sweet. Apparently she followed me back on Instagram, but I haven't checked my phone in a few days, so I'll have to check that.

"You're basically already dating." Aiden deadpans. "Just make it official already, you've waited long enough, Barton."

Malachi gives Aiden and annoyed look. "You're the one who made me wait, asshole!"

"I told you guys it would be wise to wait, I never said you had to." He says smugly, and Malachi hops up to probably strangle him, but Kate and I grab his arms from either side before he can.

He's quick to elbow Kate off of him, but he doesn't make me let go. Instead, he actually turns to look and me smiling softly.

"Whipped!" Kate coughs, and I see Malachi discreetly flip her off.

"Mal!" I scold, and he raises his hands in defense.

"Sorry, Ranger." He says immediately, and I smile sweetly at him, kissing him on the cheek since he apologized.

"You two are gross." Belle mumbles, and I send her an offended look. "Not you specifically! Just like— you and Malachi. Together."

"Well— we are not gross!" i argue, and I hear small footsteps behind me. I swear on my life if it's—

"You are gross." Ariana says loudly, and I internally groan at the sound of her voice.

"You're gross too, you rascal." I snap, and her jaw drops.

"Im telling Mr. Aiden!" She shouts, and I give her an unamused look.