3. the kids

three

three . the kids
[ narrative ]
MAY 21ST, 2024
Campers
lizzie's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

THE CAMPERS arrive today, so we had to get up pretty early and set up anything that had to be set up. Of course we were being supervised by whoever runs this thing because why would they trust a group of teens alone...

"Lizzie!" I hear from behind me, and I turn to see Belle walking towards me.

"Hi Belle!" I smile, and she smiles back.

"Hi. I was wondering if you needed help wiping off the tables since there's a lot of them."

"Yeah, sure. There's some towels sitting over there." I point to where the extra supplies are for cleaning the tables in the dining hall, and she thanks me before going to grab them.

While I'm wiping down one of the last tables, I accidentally back into someone.

I spin around immediately to apologize. "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking if anyone was there."

It's Malachi. His hair is a little bit messy and he's wearing the typical black shirt with white letters and a random pair of shorts.

He smiles. "Don't worry about it. You have a lot of tables left?"

"No, Belle helped me out so I'm almost done." I explain. "You need help with your part?"

He shakes his head. "Not necessarily, I was just curious if you needed my help or not. What age group are you working with?"

"2nd graders." I reply, and he nods.

"Oh, nice. I've got 3rd graders." He smiles.

"Those two cross paths quite often, I think." I say hesitantly, not exactly sure if I'm correct, but he nods.

"Yeah. They go to the field together and they usually swim together if those grades are swimming." He explains. "So maybe we'll see each other a good amount."

"Yeah." I reply.

"Hey! Stop flirting and come help me set this damn thing up!" Aiden shouts to Malachi, who quickly turns towards him and rolls his eyes.

"Looks like someone needs my help. I'll see you later?" He asks, and I nod. He turns to walk to Aiden. "We're not flirting, Aiden!"