8. anger

eight

eight . anger
[ narrative ]
MAY 25TH, 2024
fighting... or something.
lizzie's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

WAS I actually planning to stay away from Malachi? Not really, but since Aiden seemed to be following him around, I hadn't had a chance to speak with him, since I was avoiding Aiden at the moment.

I decide I don't care, and I walk over and grab Malachi's hand, attempting to pull him away from my brother, but unfortunately he speaks.

"Lizzie, can I—" Aiden starts, but I don't stick around to hear the rest.

Malachi just lets me pull him away, and I pull him into an empty room of the dining hall.

"Are you mad at me?" Malachi asks me, and I shake my head.

"No, of course not. I'm mad at Aiden because he thinks he can dictate my life, and we weren't even do anything!" I say angrily, and he gives me a sympathetic look.

"Ranger, we did look kinda suspicious. I was gonna kiss you." He says honestly, and my words get caught in my throat. He was gonna kiss me?

"You were?" I ask, and he nods.

"I was thinking about it, but if us being together will ruin your relationship with Aiden and my friendship with him..." he trails off. "I don't want you to have to lose your brother because of me."

"He's still a little annoyed with me, but I honestly don't blame him for being protective. You two don't see each other much since you don't live in the same state, let alone the same side of the country. I wouldn't stay mad at him for long, he feels pretty bad." Malachi explains. "I know you feel like he's trying to control you, but he's not. Did he overreact? Yes. But that doesn't mean he didn't mean well. I'd talk to him if I were you."

I think over Malachi's words before nodding. "Maybe I will, thank you, Mal."

He smiles at me. "Of course, Ranger. Oh, and I think Rory was looking for you."

My eyebrows raise in surprise at his words, but I nod. "Alright, I'm gonna go find her. Will I see you later?"

"If you want to you will." He replies, moving from the doorway so I can walk out to find Aurora.

After I walk out, he heads back to Aiden and they talk some more, but I don't know about what because I head over to Aurora's cabin to see what she wanted from me.