23

LILA BROWNMIAMI,FLORIDA

LILA BROWN
MIAMI,FLORIDA

I arrived home and closed my eyes putting my head down and gently banged my head on the steering wheel.

Tears began to steam up into my eye and I saw that Kas was here since his car was outside. I wiped my tears and blowed my nose, took my bag  and headed inside.

"Oh shit, you finally back." He said. "I made us sum food since I know you be mad hungry after work."

"Thank you." I said, my voice was kind of shaky.

"You good? You look like you was crying."

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said going up to the table.

Kj went up to her and touched her face and looked into her eyes.

"Why was you crying Lila. You don't gotta lie to me."

"It's nothing Kas. Just sit down please."

"Alright.."

The food was on the table and it was a quiet dinner. Kj could see Lila was playing with her food so he set his spoon down.

"Lila."

"Hm? Yeah, what?"

"What happened today."

"N-nothing happened today."

"So why you acting like this? You ain't talking and you ain't even eatin."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"What's yo question? If it's bout Yasmine no I don't like her ass no mo."

"Where is your brother Kas? Whatever happened to him?"

He shook his head taking the spoon and continued eating.

"So your not going to answer my question? Is your brother alive or not."

It was silence for about three minutes before Kj answered her question.

"Yeah. He alive."

"S-seriously? Why didn't you ever tell me? Where even is he?"

"He's home. But it don't matter."

"He never died?"

"No. He just went to live with my aunt for a few years, and then he came back."

"When did he come back?"

"I don't remember."

"Oh."

"Mm, so can we talk about why you was crying right now?"

"Zay, he got arrested."

"Why he arrested for? What he do?"

"Something with him being apart of Jayden's murder."

"What he had to do with his murder?"

"That's what I'm trying to find out.."

"But you was crying he got arrested or sumn?"

"No, I was crying because he was infront of me the whole time, and I didn't even notice. I felt so dumb for not even asking or thinking of it. Especially when he played with his fingers. Whenever he did that it meant he was lying. He used to do it all the time in middle school."

"Ohhh.. You right bout that. But you ain't dumb or nothin. You caught the nigga, you should be proud of yoself."

"But what about the other murderers? I need to find them to, and- and then I'll be satisfied."

"You needa give yourself some time. Just relax. You can't be risking yo life looking foe these people."

"I know but it's my job Kas."

"You would risk ya own life for yo job?"

"If it means then saving other people lives and getting justice for them, then yes."

"Lila, you fr?"

"I'm so serious."

"Aight, you do you. I ain't gon come at you for doing yo job."

"Thank you."

"And don't cry over some dumb shit like that again."

"I won't." She smiled, picking up her fork and eating the food he made.

"This is good asf, I ain't know you can cook."

"I appreciate it. I don't really be cooking like that, it ain't my typa thing."

"Well shit you needa start now cause this good as fuck." She said eating the food.