XIX.

"Shreyas?" Vaishnavi called him softly as she found his figure, just a few meters away from her, facing his back towards her.

Shreyas's body stiffened as he heard Vaishnavi's voice. He had least expected her to show up. He shut his eyes, controlling his tears and turned to face Vaishnavi. Vaishnavi, with a frown, walked towards him.

According to him, his Goddess was walking towards him. For him, it was as if everything vanished in the surrounding, it was as if her body figureline shone with bright light.

"Andar kyu nhi aa rhe ho?" She asked, fumbling a bit, not knowing how to start a conversation.

"I.." Shreyas started with a letter but then found himself spellbound as no words formed.

"Shreyas." She mumbled softly. A drop of tear leaked, rolling down on his cheek.

"Congratulations." He smiled in pain. "I know you're now taken. Taken by Shubman who turns out to be my bestfriend. I wanted to stay quiet, but.. but, it's hurting here. Right here, Vaishnavi." He cried pointing towards his heart.

"Shreyas-" She started but was cut off.

"I love you, Vaishnavi." He confessed with a sob. Vaishnavi looked down, not knowing how to react. "Shubman ko dhokha nhi dena chahta hu. But, kar bhi kya sakta hu?" He whispered in a tone audible enough to her. "Bachpan se pyaar karta hu m tumse."

"Shreyas. See, I haven't experienced this ever but I know, how difficult it is. Moving on is never easy, Shreyas but please try to move on now. I'm Shubman's wife, officially and legally." Vaishnavi whispered in the same tone.

"You're hurting yourself by this, Shreyas." She said softly. "You don't realize, but you're hurting the people around you even." He frowned. "See Shrestha. She is so tensed about you. Shubman. He wanted a group photograph with you, Abhishek and Ishan. He is still waiting for you, Shreyas."

Shreyas looked down. "See me. I don't feel right when I see somebody sad because of me." She added making his eyes shot up. "The past month was... was awkward. Forget about it. But, I know that you're my first bestfriend." He smiled a little.

"Jo tha, bachpan m tha. Par tha toh sahi." He nodded smiling. "Please move on, Shreyas." She mumbled with tears.

"I'll try to.." He said slowly. "Ek akhri baar bol sakta hu?" He asked.

"Let it out. Don't heave yourself."

"I won't be hitting around the bushes. Let me get straight forward to the point." He started after taking a deep breathe. "For sure, I didn't know what love is, back when I was seven years old, but itna toh pataa tha ki you meant world for me. I felt happy around you, satisfied when I was with you. We used to go school together and then be back, play together, celebrate festivals together and what not, Vaishnavi. Amma loved you so much that she always adored you. Shrestha found her bestfriend in you. And appa, he couldn't stop praising you everyday. If you meant so much to my family, imagine your importance in my life." He said with tears.

"I fell for you so bad during my teenage period, Vaishnavi. Amma k Facebook account se chotey appa ka ID stalk karta tha, just to collect your pictures. I used to hid them in my books, you know." He chuckled as memories replayed. "I waited for you, because I believed that I would meet you someday for sure, make you fall for me and then we would have happily ever after moment." He let a wet chuckle out. "But see, destiny had some other plans." He sighed.

"I love you, Vaishnavi. But, I promise I won't be a hurdle for you and Shubman. Bas, dosti k liye, do I deserve a second chance?" He asked with hopes.

"It's like, you know, a bit difficult to allow things settle down. It'll take time Shreyas. But, second chance dene m there is no issue." She said, smiling genuinely. He smiled back.