III.

In her study room, (Oh, her designing room which has 5-6 mannequines kept, fabric on the shelves, accessories in the drawers, sketch books and sewing machines) which was all messed, things scattered here and there, Vaishnavi sat on the floor, with her sketch book, ruler, pencil and eraser. Getting the shades of red brush pens from the stand, she filled up her design with gentle strokes in between. Once she was done with the final design, she started analysing it to start the work.

Very first, she went for stitching the blouse, which was supposed to be sweetheart neck shape in the front and square shape in the back.

She measured 1 metre, cutting it from the red chikankari fabric she had bought. Getting a similar colour shade from her shelf, she took out the fabric for lining. Getting 1 metre from the lining fabric, she kept it on the table, marking the cuts and measurements with the chalk.

Focused in her work completely, she starting sewing the blouse. Surrounding seemed silent, just the sewing machine made noises in between. After a half an hour or so, she was done with making the blouse with perfect shape and cups fitted. She sighed getting up from the stool, walking to a mannequin. Taking out its previous outfit, she made the mannequin wear the red blouse. It looked perfect. She took the blouse out and draped the naked mannequin with a fabric.

She settled back near her sewing machine again, stitching the laces around the hand sleeves and waist.

She felt proud for the red blouse design she had made. She made the mannequin wear the red blouse again. Getting a white saree from the cupboard, she draped it around the mannequin. Of course, she wouldn't leave the mannequin stay naked in her designing room.

Vaishnavi's designs were always different. As for blouse, she always used to make it in such a way that customers can pair it with lehengas, sarees or whichever way they liked it to wear.

Sighing she again went near her sketch book, analysing the details for making the skirt.

---------

"Vaishu.. back home." Abhimanyu said as he opened the door entering the house, followed by Shubman, Shreyas and Ishan.

"Ji Baba." She responded back from her study room.

"I'll make you some snacks wait." Abhimanyu said to the three. "Betho betho."

"Chhotey apa. There's no need. We'll be back to hotel after a few minutes." Shreyas said politely.

"Yes uncle. Aap bethiye yahan humare saath." Shubman added.

"Areh wait. I'll make you people some pasta. Don't worry, it wouldn't harm your diet." Abhimanyu said as he hurriedly went towards the kitchen.

"He's such a sweetheart." Ishan said chuckling.

"Indeed he is." Shubman agreed and Shreyas smiled.

"Babaaa. Bhook lagi. I'm tired ughh." Vaishnavi entered the hall, groaning due to constant throbbing in her head. She dropped herself on the single seated couch, beside where the boys had sat, which was triple seated. Hair messed up on her face, closed eyes looked tired yet managed to look cute with the specs. She hastily opened her eyes to see three figures staring at her.
She yelped getting startled and stood up quickly.

"Baba-!?" She called out.

"Meet Shubman and Ishan, Vaishu. They're Shreyas's friends. From ICT." Abhimanyu came out of the kitchen with a spatula in his hand. Vaishu smiled awkwardly. Ofcourse. Her condition's understable.

"I-i.. i will be just back." She ran back to her room.

"Chhotey apa's daughter. Vaishnavi." Shreyas said while Ishan nodded whereas Shubman looked lost.