XIV.

Finally, the marriage day.
Shubman's every hormones in his body jumped with excitement and nervousness.

While, on the other hand, in her room, Vaishnavi stared at her reflection. Her face glowed. She traced her cheekbones and jawline. She was way too adamant to realise that the glow was because of happiness and not due to the haldi.

She quickly changed into her wedding attire before makeup artists and hairstylist entered the room with Shahneel and Anushka.

Shubman, in his room, was surrounded with male figures like Abhishek, Ishan, Virat, Jugnu, Subeer and Seb.

"Yaar rukko bhai." He stated frustratingly as they were constantly advising him for something. "Ek toh fatt rhi h, phir you people. m ready ho jau pehle?"

Shubman stood up, walking to the cupboard. He stopped and then turned.

"Bhai, m shaadi kar rha hu." He said slowly. "Bhai, m shaadi kar rha hu, can you believe it?" He shouted in happiness and others joined him dancing and laughing.

------

The resort was fully decorated, all in pastel colour flowers. Family and friends all in pastel colours, waited for Vaishnavi to descend down.

Though Shubman seemed calm, yet, his inner self was desperately waiting for Vaishnavi. He badly wanted to see her in her wedding attire. He thought of his future life; a new life with Vaishnavi. He'll be married now. He'll have a new responsibility now.

San san san san san san san
Haaaaannnnnn......
Haaaaannnnnn....
Haaaaannnnnnn...
Ahhaaaaannnnn..
Woooo rararareyyy...

His chains of thoughts were broken when he heard song playing in the background. Turning his head, he found Vaishnavi walking towards him, with Shahneel and Anushka beside her.

Saunp du tujhko
Yeh dil sambhale rakha tha
Tera hi hona tha
Shayad yeh pehle se likha tha

Shubman's face broke into a wide smile as he found Vaishnavi smiling whole-heartedly. "Bas, yahi toh chahiye tha." He thought in his mind.
With a smile, as Vaishnavi walked on to the mandap, Abhimanyu felt tears in his eyes. How fast his daughter grew up. It's like she was just a toddler running here and there in their home and now, she was getting married.

Mehndi k rang se
Dil ka rang mil jaane de aaj
Jo na mile pehle
Unko mil jaane de aaj

Lakhwinder smiled as his son was getting married. He went from beta hua h to beta ho toh ese. And today, that beta was going to start a new life.
Keart's eyes filled up as Vaishnavi kept her hands on Shubman, stepping on the mandap. The atmosphere filled up with tears of joy and applauses. Shahneel let out a sob getting her brother the barmala (garland).
Of course, Shahneel was elder than Shubman. And seeing her younger baby getting married filled her heart with joy and eyes with tears of happiness.

Aaj k baad tu meri rehna
Tu meri rehna aaj k baad.
Aaj k baad tu meri rehna
Tu meri rehna aaj k baad.

Shubman and Vaishnavi exchanged the barmala, garlands made of pretty pink roses and baby's breath. The crowd gave an applause, cheering for the couple's beginning ritual.
Shubman, at times, stole glances of Vaishnavi; how beautiful she looked in her wedding lehenga and simple makeup.

Haan pardesi aayega
Tujhko le jayega uda k apne saath
Dekhenge saarey aur woh le jayega
Chhuda k humse tera haath

"Kanya k bhai samne aaye." The priest said, making their smile drop. She had no brother. Silence fell all over.

"Ji pandit ji." Abhishek and Ishan came forward, saying in unison. Vaishnavi's eyes filled with tears again.