XV.

Vaishnavi's POV

"Ghar chale?" Mummy ji asked.

We even had reception, the next day.
Everyone packed up, vacating the resort. I walked ahead, with Shubman beside me. With a handfull of rice, I threw it behind me, over my head, while walking ahead. Rasams and rituals. Shubman helped me in walking with my lehenga.

Too heavy, for real.

There were two cars. One for me and Shubman. Other one for Baba, Papa ji, Dadi, Mummy ji and Di.
We settled ourselves in our respective cars.

After a 5 minutes journey, I switched on my phone. There were a lot of notifications and missed calls. Shit. But, what meant important for me was to call Baba and ask if he was comfortable there.

"Hello Baba." He picked up in 2 rings. I felt Shubman snapping his head at me. "Thik ho na? Comfortable ho na seat pe?" He was all fine. I was relieved. "AC isn't suiting if, then ask to open the windows. Alright?" "Yeah bye." I ended up the call.

"Baba is heart patient." I sighed and looked out of the window. I felt shubman squeeze my hand gently. I passed him a small smile.

"ICT se who all had come, do you know?" I asked.

"Not really. But I guess, I didn't see Rohit Bhai. Shreyas either." Shubman said. I nodded slowly. It was expected that Shreyas wouldn't show up. The ride was very silent, pin drop silence when my phone rang.
'Shekhar sir'
"Sir?" I picked up.

Vaishnavi's POV ends.

Shubman's POV

Silence was spread all over. Her phone rang. I couldn't really see the name but she answered with a 'sir'. Her boss?

"Vaishnavi. I thought you liked my son." What? Since it was silence everywhere, I could her the conversation.

Eavesdropping is bad, Shubman.

Still... what does he mean by 'I thought you liked my son'?

And Vaishnavi is quiet even.?

"Speak up something, Vaishnavi. Will you?" I heard him raise his voice a little. I watched Vaishnavi take a deep breath before speaking.

"I'm sorry for this sir. But I didn't have any certain feelings for Agasthya sir. I didn't like him sir. It was..." She stopped for a moment. "It was him who liked me at  first place. It was him who asked me for a chance. And, I never accepted." She spoke up, holding back her tears. There's something happened.

"I want you in my cabin tomorrow. I'll ask Dristhi for your resignation letter." I heard. What the fuck? How can he do that just because she rejected his son's proposal. Before she could speak up, he ended the call. I watched her all teary. Shit. This is really messed up.

"Vaishnavi?" I called out softly. She wiped her tears and looked at me.

"Yes?"

"All okay?" I asked while she just nodded giving me an assuring smile which I knew was fake. She didn't realise that the conversation was audible to me.

Her phone rang for another time. She picked.

"Han Mishka, bol." She spoke.

"How could you fucking do this to me Vaishnavi? You knew Shubman is my crush. I love him bro. I had even said you there is a Cricketer who I love." I heard a girl's voice. What the fuck is this now?

"Mishka. How do I know about this? How would I know which Shu-" She stopped realising that I was beside her. "That the one you loved is him?" Her voice cracked.