VII.

As expected, the rain didn't even budge to stop. It rained and rained. Heavily, sometimes slowing down and then again catching up the pace.

Talked for a long time, laughed their heart out. Sometimes serious, sometimes funny. The time passed with their playful banters, having dinner and desserts before sharing the bed for sleep.
Lakhwinder and Shubman went to Abhimanyu's room. Whereas, Abhimanyu slept in Vaishnavi's room. Vaishnavi, the busy bee, as she had her lehenga to complete, decided to work for a few hours before going to bed.

As Shubman entered Abhimanyu's room, the fresh vanilla fragrance hit his nose. He sniffed deeply. His eyes scanned the whole room, perfectly decorated and visibly neat. It wasn't much like oldies vibe but purely aesthetic. Brown and beige all in the background. He smiled as his eyes fell on some photos on the wall. Vaishnavi, Abhimanyu and Sanjukta.

"Soja puttar. Subeh nikal jayenge jaldi." Lakhwinder said getting on the bed after dusting his feet. Shubman nodded making his way to the other side.

Laying down on the bed, he found nothing to do but stare at the ceiling and stay engrossed with some deep thoughts. About?
About the upcoming matches? Nah.
About his performance? Nah, that's the least and very rare thing which hits his mind. He believed in ups and downs, and worked hard to improve himself.

So, what was his mind engrossed and occupied with?
About the way she laughs, the way she looked down in nervousness in their first meet, the way she concentrated while driving, the way she kept herself while cooking, the way she enjoyed the air and rain.

He couldn't help but a soft mumble left his mouth. 'Vaishnavi.' He whispered, but loud enough for Lakhwinder to listen, as the silence had spread in the room.

Lakhwinder, who wasn't in deep sleep, opened his eyes in a jerk and looked at Shubman, finding him smiling staring at the ceiling. Shubman closed his eyes, sighing as his smile dropped.
"Just a mere crush." He whispered. "No. Rare infatuation." He consoled himself whispering.

Lakhwinder made a note in his mind to encounter Shubman about this.

---------------

Vaishnavi kept herself engrossed in stitching and cutting the fabrics. Oh no no, her mind was occupied by the work only, not Shubman.

Vaishnavi wasn't somebody who wills to be in love. Of course, she supported love, love stories and love marriages, but according to her point of view of her life, if she loved anyone then it would result into leaving her father someday. Which she clearly didn't want.

So, she kept herself away from love and all. Shubman didn't hold any thoughts and place, neither in her mind nor in her heart. Atleast for now, we can say.

She sighed and smiled closing her eyes as she finally completed her design which kept her busy since the last week. After making her mannequin wear the lehenga, she wrapped up all the messed up things. Switching off the lights, she headed towards her room. All she needed was a good sleep.

-----------------

The next morning, Shubman and Lakhwinder left. They first decided to book a cab but then on Vaishnavi's insistence, they finally agreed and let her drop them off at their location. 

She drove as Shubman guided her with the directions.

"Abhimanyu ji. Vaishnavi puttar. Iss haftey ko Shubman's match will wind up. Next Wednesday, we're having a Puja for our new home, here at Chandigarh only. We'll be very pleased if you come." Lakhwinder said, as they got out of the car.

"Drop the formalities, Lakhwinder ji." Abhimanyu said. "For sure, we'll pay a visit."

"Jaroor. Intezaar karenge." They shared a laugh. "Alright. We'll go inside now. Bye." Lakhwinder said waving.