Things We Do For Love

Freen entered Becky's room. Becky was weeping the last thing she remembered was Freen punching Nop. She was worried about Freen and Nop. She felt embarrassed and ashamed of being caught by Freen kissing Nop.

Freen rushed to Becky's side and consoled her. She said Nop is fine now and she has even apologized to him for hitting him.

Freen what happened to me, asked Becky. She was still under the effect of anaesthesia so she couldn't feel any pain.

Baby, you are alright now. Nothing to worry about. I'll be here with you. Okay. Don't cry, please. Freen consoled Becky.

Becky slept after a while. Freen went outside Nop was asleep. She doesn't disturb him but wonders how he has been supporting her since night even after the fight.

Freen went out to buy some juice for herself and Nop as he was not able to eat solid food.

Becky woke up again. She was visited by some other doctor from Kate's department, Becky was confused as to why Kate hadn't visited her. She asked her questions about the doctor.

Dr. Kate went to attend to some personal emergency after finishing your surgery she got into an accident. She is in surgery now said the doctor.

What !! Kate got into an accident!! Becky was shocked

Mam you are supposed to stress yourself. It's now good for your health. I will delay your recovery, he advised her.

You said My surgery. What surgery are you talking about? Becky was shouting at him. She removed her blanket and found a thick patch of bandage on her lower abdomen.

Mam, due to internal bleeding Kate has to remove your ovaries, he explained to her politely.

What do you me she removed my ovaries? I never gave my consent Becky shouted

Mam, we have got the consent from your wife he said showing the document.

Becky started crying loudly and tried to get off the bed. The nurse came out to find Freen but she saw Nop sitting there. She explained the situation to him and asked him to console Becky.

Nop immediately responded to the nurse and went to see Becky. She was crying very hard. She went near Becky and hugged her. Becky saw his face covered with bandages. Becky felt the rage but she couldn't react.

Freen came back with two juice cups in her hand. Here, she offered one to Nop.

Freen Becky is awake said Nop. Freen immediately turned and walked towards Becky's room. But Nop blocked her way and told her everything happened. Freen could feel her heartbeat racing. She started sweating profusely.

The doctor has given sedation to Becky she is sleeping now Nop said. Freen sat in the chair and covered her face with both hands. She was scared to face Becky. She wishes Kate was here to explain Becky's condition to her.

Kate was out of surgery but she is still in a coma. Freen visited Kate once after the surgery and came back to Becky's room.

Six days passed. Becky never spoke a word to Freen. She denied the food Freen fed. She refused anything that Freen bought. Nop was there to support Freen. His face is also sitting down but the injury has left many visible marks on his face.

Becky is getting discharged today. Freen completed all the formalities. When everything is ready Becky asks Nop whether he can take her to his condo. Freen lost her patience and told Nop to leave that place.

Becky grabbed his hands. No, I'm not going with her if you can't take me with you it's okay. I can go back to my apartment said Becky.

Nop now has no option but to take Becky with him. He assured Freen that he would take good care of her and took Becky with him.

Freen felt someone had jabbed her heart with a thousand nails. Becky didn't even give a chance to Freen to explain what happened. Freen followed Nop's car and made sure Becky reached home safely. She visited her daily but remained the same. She never spoke to Freen, on the other hand, Freen was used to Becky's behavior.

After a month

Freen got a message from Becky asking her to meet at their regular restaurant in the evening. Freen knew she was waiting desperately to talk with Becky.

Freen reached the place on time but Becky was waiting there already. Freen went and took the birthday gift she bought for Becky. Freen went and sat on the opposite side of Becky.

Becky, how are you?

Becky didn't answer instead she was sitting still.

Freen took the little gift box from her coat pocket and offered it to Becky. I bought this for you. I couldn't give it to you on your birthday Freen said politely.

Becky already knew what was inside. I don't want this Freen. Will you give me anything I ask for? Becky asked her.

Freen caught sudden palpitations. She had no idea what Becky was going to ask but her heart told her something bad was coming.

Freen hesitantly nodded.

Anything, Becky asked again

Anything for you Becbec, Freen assured her.

Becky had that sarcastic smile on her face.
Oh, my Freen! Do you remember anything about the revenge game you were planning at the time of our marriage? Becky asked.

Freen gulped visibly. Now she knows something unimaginable is coming for her.

I think you didn't plan it well. Actually, you didn't know how to play. Let me show you, Becky said as she took a document from her handbag.

I believe you'll stand by your words Freen. I want this as my birthday gift, Becky said sternly.

Freen's hands were trembling. She slowly opened the document. The world around her stopped rotating. She felt like someone had picked out the heart of her ribcage.

It was a divorce document. Becky has already signed it.

Freen didn't move for a while. Words stuck and disappeared in her throat.

Becky will you give me a chance to explain, Freen pleaded.

I don't find any reason to give you a chance, Becky shrugged her shoulders.

Becky knew she was hurting Freen. There is no love left for Freen in her, at least that's what Becky thought. She could see Freen's hands still trembling.

Answer me only one question said Freen

Becky nodded and gestured for Freen to proceed.

If this is your decision I respect it with all my heart. Freen is stammering she couldn't complete the words properly.

Becky, look into my eyes and say will you be happy if I sign this? Freen asked with hesitation.

Becky couldn't look into Freen's eyes. With much effort to hide her heart, Becky said yes.

That's it Freen signed the documents without a word.

Becky actually thought Freen would protest, she would make a scene or she'd at least threaten but Freen didn't do any of that. Becky felt a pang in her heart seeing Freen signing the document page by page.

After finishing Freen pushed the document towards Becky.

It was not me. It's you who ruined us.
Take care bec.. sorry. Take care, Ms. Armstrong

With that Freen left the place. She didn't even look at Becky's face. Becky saw Freen walking away like a lifeless person. The pain in her heart is growing. Becky intentionally did everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay calm💜

Mira C S