The Space Between Us

Becky met Nop at the restaurant that night.

Becky I've heard you had some issues with freen. Your mother called me and said everything happened. I know Freen is into girls even before your marriage. I tried to convey this in your marriage but I thought you two would solve things out. Believe me, Becky, as far as I investigated Freen is clean. She loves you. I think you should try to talk to her, said Nop.

No, I thought you'd be by my side in this said Becky.

Becky, I'll be on your side whenever you need but you should take time to decide anything further said Nop.

Nop can you come and pick me up tomorrow morning, I need to go to the hospital asked Becky.

Sure Becky. You don't have to ask but why to the hospital? asked Nop.

Becky told him everything about her condition and the treatment. Nop assured her to be helpful in every way he could.

Three months later

Becky never heard about Freen. No calls, no messages nothing. She never knew she was followed by one of Freen's guards wherever she went. Becky slowly grew closer to Nop. Nop as a friend helped and stayed with her at her low time.

Robert will call back from time to time and ask her whether she needs anything. She discreetly refused each time. Her treatment is no longer effective as she stopped taking her medicines after Kate pointed out the condition of her illness.

Rebecca called Becky and asked for apologies. If she hadn't spoken of the album this would have not happened. Becky didn't react much and ignored Rebecca's calls after that.

Becky moved out to a separate small apartment as her mother went to visit Richie at his place. The three months without Freen were empty, Becky didn't feel anything other than pain.

Freen was continually getting updates from her guard and Robert, she felt the distance between her and Becky was growing day by day. Kate was updating her regarding Becky's condition. Freen knows she should do something to pull Becky into the treatment schedule again.

She called her PA Nam and asked to book a ticket that weekend. It was Becky's birthday. Her first birthday after their marriage. She has given enough space for Becky but now it's time to reconcile. She asked Nam to book a full restaurant on Saturday.

Freen had reached Thailand. The first place she went was Becky's apartment. She waited outside with her guard in a tinted car. Nop came to pick up Becky, Freen couldn't stand seeing Nop with her wife. But Becky has lost a considerable amount of weight. She looked somewhat pale.

Then she went to meet Kate to talk about Becky's condition and further treatment.

Did Becky know you were here? asked Kate

No, she doesn't. Tomorrow is her birthday. I'm here to surprise her but I'm actually a bit nervous to meet her said Freen.

Come on Freen, what's the worst that could happen? All the best Freen said Kate.

Nam has booked the Mezzaluna restaurant for the evening.

Saturday morning

Tinngg..

A notification popped up on the screen. Becky thought to ignore it as she knew she was receiving messages on her birthday from her other friends. When she saw the name, her world stopped for a minute.

Freen: Happy birthday my love. I know you must be angry at me for not showing up I just wanted to give you the space needed. I missed you so much. I'll be waiting for you at the Mezzaluna. Be there at 7 pm.