5. You're with me

Caia felt all eyes on her as they walked into the expensive boutique store Annika had selected. She would never be caught dead in such a store. She knew what they were all thinking. That she was there to steal something. That would be the only reason a girl like her was in a store like this.

Annika placed her hand on the small of Caia's back and drew her close. "Don't let them get to you," she whispered. "You're with me. You have every right to be here."

Looking at Annika, no one would know who she was. What she was. She didn't look like a drug lord. Instead, she had chosen a simple outfit for their afternoon of shopping. However, simple did not mean cheap. The jeans, heels and shirt were all designer labels. Anyone with any understanding of fashion would know how expensive an outfit it was. Which was why she was confident strolling into such a high market store. Perhaps Annika had always been wealthy. She had probably never had to worry about something like that. Had no reason to be insecure.

"Here," Annika said, placing a handful of dresses into Caia's hands. "Try these on."

What Caia saw in the mirror astounded her. She pulled the dress off well. If she had ever had the money, it would be something she would have chosen herself. The tight, black dress was short, and much of her cleavage was on display. She understood what the purpose of this dress was. It was for Annika to parade around her new toy.

"How are you going?"

"I need help with the zipper," Caia said.

When Annika opened the curtain, her hungry stare roamed Caia's body. She reached out and ran a hand down Caia's arm, before snaking the other around her waist and laying her hand flat against her abdomen.

"You look amazing," Annika whispered. With her hand still on Caia's abdomen, Annika zipped the dress up, smiling. "Do you like it?"

"I... I mean, I guess."

"Would you like to know why I like it?"

Fear wound its way through Caia, but beneath it was lust. Annika was terrifying. She was dangerous. But she was also the most confident and powerful person she had ever met. Caia's conflicting feelings made her feel sick. She should be repulsed by Annika. She was a drug lord. A murderer. A torturer. There was nothing enticing about her. Except that there was.

"What do you like about it?"

"Well," Annika whispered, her voice low. "I like how tight it is," she said as she ran her hands over Caia's abdomen, her hips, then her back. "And how short it is." One hand remained wrapped around Caia's waist while the other went to her thigh. All she could do was watch through the mirror as Annika's hand slid to the inside of her thigh, inching higher.

"Stop," Caia said, stepping out of Annika's grip. "Don't..." She looked into Annika's eyes before terror filled her. She had made a mistake refusing the woman who now owned her. Caia was meant to be her slave. And she had rejected her. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to."

With a gentle, tender hand, Annika guided Caia backwards until her back connected with the wall. "It's okay," Annika whispered. "I'm a patient person."

Tears welled in Caia's eyes. What would Annika do to her if she continued to refuse her? Were those punishments truly for when they were around her associates, or would she begin to use them on her at other times as well?

"You don't need to be afraid of me, Caia. I'll never hurt you."

"Apart from when you need to punish me."

"I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that."

"Right..." Caia pursed her lips. She wanted Annika gone. "I need to change."