Drifting Apart

Kowalski stuck his head through hole in the box. He analyzed a yellow sticker on the side of their crate that said, SHIP TO KENYA WILDLIFE RESERVE AFRICA.

Skipper stuck his head out.

"Progress report."

"It's an older code, Skipper. I can't make it out."

The leader hummed in thought and turned to the crate before them. "You, higher mammal."

Mason leaned against the side of his crate and hummed in response.

"Can you read?" Skipper asks.

"No. Phil can read, though. Phil." The other chimp picked himself up from underneath a bunch of cans. Kowalski looks at him and tapped his flipper repeatedly against the yellow sticker. Phil began to sign language as Mason read out dialect from his hands. "Ship to Kenya Wildlife Preserve, Africa!"

"Africa? That ain't going to fly. Rico."

Rick stuck his head out and coughs up a paper clip. He twisted it around and made a key for the lock.

Then, all four penguins got out of the box, and stealthily made their way to the control room of the ship.

They began their hijacking by knocking out an unsuspecting man walking by. He whistled happily but it stops as soon as he turned the corner and was met with a slap. The penguins dragged his body to the side and glanced out to see if the coast was clear.

One by one, they hopped down and waddle to a box. They kept their backs on the front of it as Skipper snuck behind a pole to look out for his team. As soon as it was okay, he signaled them.

The other three penguins made a formation in case of any sudden attacks, while Skipper rolled near a ladder. His team waddled over and the leader hoisted them up.

Skipper kicked open the door to the control room. He and the rest of the black and white animals slid on their stomachs inside, before continuing to waddle. There, the captain was sitting in his chair, sipping a hot cup of coffee, and didn't hear the penguins because he had headphones on.

When he least expects it, Rico raised his fin and whacks him in his neck, resulting in him being knocked out and dropping his cup on the ground.

"Now tie him up." Skipper commanded.

As Kowalski and Rico used duct tape from one of the drawers to wrap the grown man's body up to the chair, Private perked up.

"And me, Skipper?"

Skipper turned to him, then the controls. It was about time that the youngest member of the group had time to shine, so he looked to a computer. Finally, he looks back at Private and smirks.

"You'll be in control of finding the code so we can get this tin can in our control."

Once he said that Private happily waddled away to the keyboards.

Kowalski and Rico just finished tying up the captain and awaited Skipper's orders. Kowalski jumped down onto the floor.

"Sir, the captain has been restrained."

"Good. Kowalski, you're on navigation. Find directions to Antarctica, pronto!" Skipper commanded, and Kowalski obeyed before the leader focused his attention on Rico.