CHAPTER NINETEEN

chapter nineteen (xix) : he kept the letters

'im...you kept your window unlocked just for me?...darling i had no idea, why didnt you tell me?' he frowned as he realized how often you probably kept this window unlocked, how many times did you keep yourself restricted just for him? he didnt like the idea of you putting yourself through the inconvenience without even telling me. 'you didnt have to do this you know?'. 'I did, your letters were really sweet' I chuckled before adding 'besides how could I tell you when I didn't know who the creature of the night was yet?'

'i-i guess. well i do love the letters you write, i cherish every single one you wrote. you dont know how much they mean to me, but you didnt have to keep the window unlocked for me, i would have preferred for you to be safe.'. 'Well now I know it's you, you can use the door instead of the window' I told him. 'you mean i can knock on your door every night?' he asked with a grin on his face, it was a dream for him to be able to visit you so often. 'well i guess im doing that from now on.'. 'If you wish to darling you can' I smiled. he chuckled at you 'of course im going to, your going to be seeing me at your door step every night now.' he was so happy, this seemed like such a trivial thing yet it was everything for him. 'That's fine with me love' I told him.

'and your not going to complain about it?' he asked as he took you hand and began to lead you back to the living room where the others were still waiting. 'Why would I?' I asked him. 'because some people are like that darling, you know, they get annoyed and upset very easily.' he shrugged as he continued walking with you 'and you wouldnt get bored of me? seeing me at your doorstep so often? because i certainly wont get bored of visiting you.'. 'I can't even get bored of you darling' I replied. 'you think? even if i visited every single night you think you could live with that?'. 'Sounds easy' I smiled walking into the living room.

as you walked in the rest of the group were all staring, they had clearly been talking about you while you were in the bathroom so when they saw you walk in they all turned their attention to you. swiss was the first to respond 'we heard what happened. your a brave girl, we are all so proud of you. you really proved ourselves to everyone that you can handle yourself and fight if necessary.'. I smiled at them before saying 'I'd do anything to protect you guys and I hope you know it.' I paused before carrying on. 'And papa I want to apologise for earlier where I walked out when you told me about being a vampire, I hope you know that I was just so caught up in my own head I couldn't think about anything else so I want to apologise' I told him.

he smiled and then laughed a little 'i already forgive you darling, dont worry about it. i can tell you were feeling a bit overwhelmed by that news and didnt know how to feel. i can understand why you would react that way and im not upset at all. i really should be the one apologizing, i should have been a better father and should have let you in on that instead of just telling you suddenly. i could have prepared you for this and im sorry i did not. just know that i love you no matter what i am.'. 'Thanks dad I love you too, in fact I love you all. Swiss,rain and aether I know I haven't known you long but I already consider you like my brothers and sodo..i love you' I smiled looking at him. as you finish those words sodo comes forward and pulls you into a close hug before giving you a kiss on the cheek, 'i love you too darling, you dont have to worry anymore. everything worked out in the end. im going to protect you with all my strength so nothing like this can ever happen again.' he held you tightly as he continued to shower you with affection.

'If this happens again..which it won't..but if it does you let me deal with it' I told him. he smirked a little 'dont worry my sweet darling, i will let you deal with it, i'll watch from the side and only help if you truly need my help. otherwise youll be doing it all on your own.' he then whispered into your ear 'except against the priest. im not letting you do that on your own, ill still jump in to protect you if he appears again.'. 'The priest can kiss my ass!' I shouted as I walked down the corridor. the whole group laughed at this, they had never heard you raise your voice and curse out like this so it really caught them off guard. 'language dear, but i have to agree with sodo, I'm not letting you take that priest on your own. i know you would have beaten him but i dont want to take that risk.' papa replied.

'Sorry pops' I smiled popping my head back round the living room. they all laughed, your outburst was pretty out of character for you, you werent one to raise your voice and curse but they all thought it was funny rather than rude. 'don't worry dear, ill forgive you this time.' papa smirked. 'Thanks papa..the priest can still kiss my ass tho, might even go tell him to do it now' I shouted walking off down the hallway again. once again everyone started laughing from your comment, the thought of you storming into a church and yelling out that they could kiss your arse was a hilarious mental image. they thought you were pretty crazy for it but still found it entertaining, even papa couldn't hide how much he was laughing from this.

I heard the ghouls laughing in the distance and footsteps behind me as I walked off down the hallway. you saw sodo chasing after you as you continued down the hallway, 'wait up sweetheart!' he called out to you as he tried to catch up with you. before you could say anything to him he pulled you into a close hug, holding you tightly and burying his face into your shoulder as tears began to form in his eyes. 'What's wrong darling?' I asked looking into his eyes as he pulled away. 'its just...i could've lost you today darling. every time i think about what could have happened if you died it just makes me feel sick...i couldnt live without you.' he was holding you incredibly tightly as his tears started to drip from his eyes. 'please darling, you cant allow yourself to get in that kind of danger again, we cant handle the stress of losing you.'. 'Sodo I'm not going to die, I'm fine now..except from the fact that I look dreadful' I chuckled putting my hands on his cheeks

'you dont look dreadful darling, what are you talking about? your just as beautiful as the first time i saw you, except ive come to appreciate your beauty more as time has gone on.' he held you tightly as he spoke. 'you wont die as long as i have anything to say about it...dont ever let yourself get seriously hurt again because i cant handle losing you. i dont want to be without you darling.'. 'I don't want to be without you either' I smiled. 'then you wont let anybody hurt you right? dont let yourself get hurt again, dont let any other creatures bite you again, i dont want to have to get so worried and stressed again.' he was speaking a bit more firmly now, but it was clear there was just so much love and affection underlying his words. 'i will protect you with my life, i dont ever want to have to go through what you did today again, please, please dont let it happen again.'