CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

chapter eighteen (xviii) : she's safe

I couldn't help but smile when I saw him, he immediately pulled you into his arms and held you close, burying his face into your shoulder with a sigh of relief. 'are you okay darling?, are you alright?' there were tears in his eyes as he held you tightly against him. 'Bloody, but good' I told him with a chuckle

'as long as you are alright...that's all that matters. i never want to lose you, i will do anything for you my love, i dont care if the whole world is against us, all i want is you and i will always protect you.' he was close to crying from the relief of seeing you unharmed and unhurt, he really did think that you may have been dead and the thought alone was enough to leave him feeling lightheaded. 'I'd do anything to protect you my love, in fact I would for you all.' I told them. 'you are far too good for this world my sweet darling.' his arms tightened around you and he pulled you in close, his face buried into your shoulder while he started to cry, it was the first time he was able to let it all out. 'i dont know what i would have done if anything had happened to you. the thought of it alone made me lose it, i dont know how i would have been able to continue living without you.'

'Darling you're not living anyway' I told him wiping his tears away. that made him chuckle slightly, before hugging you even tighter, 'and i dont think i could cope with being some undead monster without you by my side, so i guess that means im stuck with you darling.' he continued to hug and kiss you gently, 'how did you manage to pull that off? did you really trick them into thinking you actually killed us?'. 'Mhm' I smiled. 'and how did you make it look so believable? even the blood looks real.' he chuckled a little bit. 'Because it is dumbass' I chuckled walking towards the bathroom

he was really shocked when he realized, 'wait, was that your blood? did you actually cut your hand?'. 'Yeah it's alright, it's just a little scratch love' I replied running it under the tap. 'but it must have really hurt? you cut yourself on purpose just for that?' he looked incredibly surprised and slightly horrified, but in a way he was impressed by your dedication to your plan. 'Where else was I going to get blood from?' I chuckled. 'fair point. but your very brave to put your body through such pain for us, and its lucky it worked too, if it didnt all that pain would be for nothin.'.

'It's all worth it in the end darling' I told him. 'for you it is i suppose...but i dont want you hurting yourself, please be careful in the future darling.' he was getting very emotional in the moment, he was still shaking and felt lightheaded after everything today, he didnt want his girl getting hurt for nothing. 'I will darling' I replied washing my hand. as soon as your hand was clean he ran over and took it, holding it tightly and kissing it gently. 'i dont want this hand ever getting injured again, do you hear me darling? not again.'. 'I'll do it to the other one then' I joked

he let out a little laugh from the joke, 'your not allowed to do that either dear, that one better stay safe to.' he was finally starting to calm down and think logically, his shaking was slowing down and his breathing was back to normal. 'No harm to the hands. Got it' I said before getting on my tip toes and kissing his cheek. the kiss on his cheek made him blush slightly, he was still emotional from the relief. 'just making sure darling, you dont understand how close i was to losing you today, how close i was to living out the rest of my undead life without you.'. 'You wouldn't have lost me besides if I did die I'd just come back and haunt you' I joked.

he chuckled from the joke but then frowned slightly 'do you honestly think i could manage to live without you being here by my side? even if you haunted me every day i dont think i could manage it. you are the only thing i could live for darling, please be careful and dont let anything happen to yourself.'. 'If I did haunt you then I'd be the one hiding in the shadows of your room late at night' I chuckled. 'but you'd be nothing but a ghost, your sweet voice and your face would all disappear...you wouldnt be the same anymore...i would want to touch you and hold you but i could never. i could never hug you tight or kiss you if your just a ghost...how would i be able to function without those things...you would be a constant torture that i wouldnt be able to run away from. i dont think i could take it, id rather die myself than go crazy on my own.'

'Don't say that! Non of us are going to die' I told him seriously. 'but darling, this world is dangerous. i cant control everything...what if someone comes and kills you or kidnaps you when i cant do anything to stop it or come to rescue you.' he looked at you with tears running down his face 'i cant imagine what id do if something happened to you but i wasnt there to stop it...i think i would lose a piece of me that day.'. 'Well it's a good job your the only one I used to leave my window in locked for..now I can lock it on a night' I chuckled looking up at him.