CHAPTER SIXTEEN

chapter sixteen (xvi) : get inside

Before I could reply both papa and Swiss came running outside 'get inside now!' Papa instructed with a worried look on his face. he placed you back on the ground gently and put his hand on your waist, 'what's going on?' so asked. 'Are you alright dad?' I asked him concerned. 'i think im fine but i dont know whats going on, just come inside with us right now, quick dear we dont have much time.' papa said quickly, taking you by the hand and walking into the house, swiss and aether right behind him, his mood changing from calm and loving to scared almost instantly as he looked around frantically.

As both me and sodo were back in the house papa locked the door and closed the blinds 'dad what's going on?..will someone tell me?' I asked. 'just stay quiet, i can hear a large crowd coming and they may have found out about our secret somehow.' he said quietly, his eyes darting around the room nervously, 'i just need us to hide, we will all go to the basement through the stone door?'. I pulled back out of papas grip. 'No, you guys go to the basement' I told him taking a few steps back. 'what are you saying? we cant leave you up here alone, what if they try to hurt you? it would be my fault.' he tried to pull you towards the door but you pulled away from him 'do you think we are just going to leave you up here by yourself? you would get hurt for sure and i couldnt forgive myself if that did happen.'.

'look dad they can hurt you guys a lot more than they can me..go' I told him with a quick smile. 'but...' he started to say before he was interrupted by the sound of people banging on the doors and shouting loudly 'open this door or I will kick it down!', his eyes widened as the shouting got louder and louder before he sighed and looked over at aether 'im not going to let them hurt her, its my job to protect her, i dont care what happens to myself as long as she is okay.'. 'They can't live without you dad..the same way I can't. I couldn't live with myself if I know I'm putting you in danger..and I am so please just hide, I'll be fine I promise you' I told him

'...and if something does happen to you? you can promise me nothing bad will happen to you? what if they try to hurt you?' he was trying to fight back tears but his eyes were already filling with tears 'do you really think you will be safe up here all alone?'. I dug into my pocket and un-clipped my pocket knife that he gave me when I was fifteen. 'I'll be fine besides I've got a plan' I told him hugging him quickly before standing back. he hesitated for a second before letting you go and nodding his head quietly 'i trust you, i just hope you know how dangerous this plan of yours is, if anything happens then i dont know how i would live with myself. promise me you will be safe.'. 'I promise' I told him

'then i trust you, be safe.' he kissed you on your cheek before turning to aether 'everyone follow me quick!' he led the group of them downstairs and through the stone door into the basement, you could hear the banging and shouting getting louder from upstairs, it was obvious that they must have found out about your secret. One ghoul stayed behind 'I cant let you do this, what I said about never letting anything or anyone take you away from me..what I said about never letting anyone hurt you, I meant it' sodo told me placing his cold hand on my cheek. 'Darling Dont argue, please keep yourself safe and go with the others' I told him.

he grabbed your hand tight and held into it tight, 'i could never let a single hair on your head be touched by anyone or anything. if i go there alone and you stay up here to fight them off then there is a very high chance you will die or be hurt. i can not take that risk, i would rather die trying to ensure that you are safe than living knowing that i couldnt do enough to protect you.'. 'Sodo, believe me when I say you being down there safe would make me more protected. I love you sodo you know I do now please..for me and yourself, go stay with the others' I said wiping away the tear that fell from his eye

he wanted so bad to trust you, to believe that you could take care of it all yourself, but he just couldnt afford to risk losing you, 'fine darling but if anything at all happens to you then i...' he looked away before finishing his sentence, he didnt want to think about that, he didnt want to even think about the possibility of losing you, he wanted to believe that everything would be okay with you by yourself but he just knew that it wasnt as simple as that. 'Nothing will happen darling I will be fine, I love you' I told him kissing his cheek before I took a few steps back.

'i love you, please just be careful darling. im going to be down there thinking about you the whole time your alone. promise me you will come back to me later, safe and unharmed.' he could do nothing more than trust you, he couldnt afford to argue with you any further, he just hoped that he could trust your judgement to keep you safe and that you would come back to him unharmed. at that moment another loud bang, much louder than any previous was heard and someone shouted even louder from right outside the door 'open the door you scum, im not going to ask twice!'

'I promise you, now go with the others' I told him smiling at him. 'alright, i love you sweetheart.' he took one final look before disappearing through the stone door, leaving you all alone by yourself now with only the sound of heavy banging and people shouting, you could just barely hear the sound of all your loved ones voices echoing from the basement, but they sounded more muffled now as if the stone door was blocking out some of the noise.