Cursed with dozens of unfulfilled talents, from music to dancing, Kung Fu to baking, and so many more, in 2017 I finally decided to work on publishing my stories.
I am slowly transcribing all of my books from the Chapters (app) to here: Storm Rider Series; Romani Prince Series; The Therapist; River Runs; The Brave, and so much more.
Below are the tips that helped me the most, from my favorite authors:
1. Read, read, read;
2. Sit your ass down and write something every single day! Even if just one sentence;
3. Don't even bother with an idea if you don't have an ending already in your head;
4. When you start with a book, stick with it until the end. Don't start another and then another or you'll have dozens of unfinished stories (like me!!!);
5. Grammarly is a very helpful tool to avoid misspelling and help with basic punctuation errors.
6. Put your finished book away for a couple of weeks or more, before editing it. It will help you see the entire story, instead of getting stuck with minutia.
7. Have fun!
Pass these tips along!
All the luck and love for my pen-brothers and pen-sisters.
- Georgia, US
- JoinedOctober 18, 2018