๐’”๐’†๐’Ž๐’Š๐’„๐’๐’๐’๐’ | Tetsurล...

By cutesight

"๐ผ๐“‰'๐“ˆ ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ถ๐“Œ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“๐‘’, ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐’พ๐“‰?" - - - - Kuroo and Y/N who used to be close childhood frie... More

It's been awhile...
Your best friend
Unexplainable
Commitment
Operation: Kuroo
A proposal
Fated encounter
A tuxedo and wedding dress
Rough draft
Back to square one
In all honesty
Because I loved you
This time, for sure.
A sign of growth
I missed you
Happy birthday Kenma
Heartbreaking loneliness
Unplanned sleepover?
Confrontation
There might not be a next time
Puppy love
She was ready for forever
Excitement
I love you so much
What do we do Tetsurล?
What do I do?
I'm sorry.
Thank you
Don't fuck up Kuroo
Be selfish Y/N
Will you be my girlfriend?
Mr. Kuroo
He's ready for forever

Phone call

5.6K 288 165
By cutesight

"Mr. Kozume, what do you think about the progression in this section of the story so far?" One of the writers call out to Kozume from one section of the office. Kozume excuses himself from the digital artist team to attend to the writer. He walks from one end of the office to the other.

Kozume's rented an empty office for a year for the development of his videogame. This way everyone who's working on the game has a set location to meet up and work together. Originally the plan was for everyone to work from home but Kozume feared procrastination would grow over time.

His eyes glance at a computer screen full of dialogue.

September is long gone and October is now here. Time seems to move quickly but so has the development of the game. Despite it not being the first person fighter game he dreamed of, he's still putting 100% into this game. As cheesy as the game is.

It still baffles him that he's publishing a dating simulator.

"Do I really act like this?" Kozume points to the dialogue where he doesn't hear the player because his entire focus is on a video game. "I feel like I would notice the player."

"Well, this is just the second half of the game where the two of you aren't as close yet." The writer consoles Kozume. "You'll notice their presence later on."

Kozume's lip forms a fine line. He tries to recall old memories of when he first met Kuroo and Y/N. Maybe there was a time where he would accidentally ignore the two while he was engrossed in video games. Now that he thinks about it, he's positive it happened before.

"Mr. Kozume!" The digital artist group calls out to him and he excuses himself from the writer to walk back over to them. Kozume continues to go back and forth around the office to aid his development team throughout the day.

His stamina lately hasn't been the greatest from the lack of sleep but he pushes through.

🏐・゚゚・。.

You've been cooped up inside your house ever since the materials for Kozume's suit arrived at the office two days ago. Your boss doesn't question your absence in the office and you only assume it's because of the project you're working on. Whatever amount Kozume promised your boss must've been a pretty penny if you could work from home.

With your mind too focused on work, you hardly astray to the thoughts of Azumane. This is probably the longest time the two of you haven't spoken to one another. Eventually the two of you would have to speak again. You didn't like this uncomfortable situation in your friendship. On the other hand, you also have to speak to Kuroo.

You stop the sewing machine the moment your mind grows heavy. Standing up from your seat, you stretch and exhale. You walk over to your fridge to grab a drink but stop when you look at the calendar beside it.

A red circle is drawn on the calendar.

'October 16th. Kenma's 28th birthday. 🥳'

You stare at todays date.

October 10th.

"Shit." You mutter out into your empty apartment. Now you're worried over something else.

What gift would Kozume like?

The man is rich and could probably buy whatever he wanted.

Nibbling your bottom lip, you walk over to your sewing machine to grab the phone that sits beside it.

Your thumb hovers over Kuroo's contact.

Logically, Kuroo is the only person you can contact about a situation like this. But you grow nervous at the thought of contacting him.

You went from hating him to fearing him to pure nervousness. You hate how emotional you've gotten ever since he walked back into your life.

But, this is for Kozume.

You missed his other birthdays and you'll be damn to miss this one too. Inhaling sharply, you close your eyes and tap the call button. The way your heart beats against your chest and the deathly sound of the call dialing causes your anxiety to sky rocket. You silently prayed he doesn't pick up but at the same time, you needed his advice.

The call is answered after the third ring. "Y-Y/N?" Kuroo's voice sounds surprised and out of breath. He pants heavily between his words.

"Um...did I call at a bad time?" Your mind thinks of the worst possible scenario. Your hand covers your redden face and you curse your imagination.

"No, not at all. I'm just surprised you called. Took you...almost three months?" Kuroo ruffles his hair and slows his pace down. The sweat causes his hair to stick to the sides of his face.

"Out of curiosity, what are you doing?" You weakly ask the question, clenching your teeth.

"I'm just exercising on my treadmill. Why?"

"Oh." Your wild imagination comes to a halt and you reel it back into reality. Clearing your throat, you feel your face heat up. "You just sound...really out of breath and startled earlier. I thought I called you while you were having se-"

"WAIT." Kuroo stops his treadmill. A wide grin on his face when he realizes what Y/N plans to say. He chuckles wholeheartedly at the thought. Extending his hand, he grabs the hand towel off of the treadmill arm to wipe the sweat from his face. "You really think I would answer a phone call while I'm making love to someone? That's a bit risky don't you think?"

"C-Can we not talk about this." You stammer your words out, pinching the bridge of your nose.

"No, let's talk. This is an interesting topic and I'm too distracted by it now." Kuroo smiles to himself. He walks over to his fridge to grab a bottle of water to rehydrate his thirst.

"Tetsurō." Hearing Y/N's stern tone only makes him want to tease her more.

"Fine. I'll drop it. But just to ease your mind, I wouldn't pick up a phone call in the middle of sex." Kuroo hears Y/N sigh loudly on the other end of the call. He snickers to himself and quietly drinks his water.

"Anyway." You clear your throat, the redness in your face not leaving. "Kenma's birthday is coming up. I don't know what to get him."

"Easy. Just buy him merchandise of whatever his current favorite game is."

"What's his favorite game right now?" You raise an eyebrow, sitting down on your sofa with your laptop on your lap.

"Um..." Kuroo is in deep thought. He licks his lips and clicks his tongue. "Actually, I have no idea."

"You're no help."

"Hey! You're also his best friend Y/N. Shouldn't you know what to get him?"

"If I did I wouldn't call you Tetsurō." The two of you bicker back and forth. This kind of bickering is familiar and nostalgic. You each smile with your phones pressed closer to your ears.

"Should we go window shopping? Maybe that will help us with ideas. You're free right now, right?" Kuroo sets his water bottle down, eyeing the clock on his wall.

The time is 2:35PM.

"I just need to take a quick shower and I'll head over to your place to pick you up." Kuroo makes his way over to his bedroom.

"Is this your way to find out my address?"

Kuroo clicks his tongue and dramatically says, "No. Of course not. Why would I purposely scheme this entire plan up to just get your address?" He breaks out of his dramatic character when he laughs. "Do you want to meet me here instead? Since you know where I live already."

"No, it's fine. I'll text you the address." You get up from the sofa after placing your laptop back on the coffee table.

"Alright. It's a date." Kuroo smirks when he answers playfully.

"It's not." You correct him, stifling a laughter.

He ruffles his hair and shrugs. "I thought I would try at least." He dryly chuckles and enters his bathroom with a change of clothes. "I'll see you in a bit Y/N."

"Okay. See you Tetsurō." Y/N's soft tone makes his heart flutter. He lowers his eyes to the tile beneath his feet and smiles, not wanting to end the call.

"Are you going to hang up first?" She also seems hesitant to end the phone call.

"No. You." Kuroo retorts.

He hears her faintly giggle and he wishes he could see her facial expression. This single phone call alone brings back so much nostalgia and happiness.

"You know I hate ending phone calls first." You stare at the ceiling above you. Kuroo responds in a deep low tone. His voice sending chills down your spine. "I know. I guess I'll hang up like old times." You can hear the smile in Kuroo's voice before he hangs up.

With the call ending, you let out a sigh of relief. The call wasn't unbearable and nerve wracking like you thought. It was the opposite actually.

You enjoyed the conversation with Kuroo and didn't want it to end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 14.8K 46
*๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ก๐™š๐™ง๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™˜๐™š๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ž๐™ก๐™จ.* - - - - "๐˜ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ /๐˜“/๐˜•. ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ...
13.1K 474 32
COMPLETED! MANGA TIMESKIP SPOILER "I laugh nervously as I glance at Oikawa. He smiles at me apologetically then looks forward with a bitter sweet loo...
674K 29.5K 26
"I'm not a materialistic man, Ms.L/N" "And I'm not a fool for a women, Mr.Nanami" gojo satoru recalls nanami's first and only love COMPLETED / UNDER...
1.4M 80.7K 18
Official bonus novella to High School Hit List. Maddy Danton should have never returned. She's collateral damage, trapped within a cage of secrets, a...