Operation: Kuroo

"Y/N?" Azumane notices your tear stained face emerging out of the funeral home. He excuses himself from your parents to hurry over to your side.

He's never seen Y/N look this upset--ever.

She's one to hide her tears from everyone but today seems to be the day where she drops her guard. Her small frame buries into his chest. She weakly wraps her arms around Azumane's waist and cries. "I want to get out of here." Her shaky pleas causes Azumane's heart to ache.

The door to the funeral home opens again and Kuroo emerges. He makes eye contact with Azumane. The two stare at one another in silence. Unsure what happened, Azumane holds Y/N closer. "Okay, let's go."

Y/N slowly pulls herself off of Azumane and wipes her tears.

You notice your tears and lipstick staining Azumane's dress shirt. Your brows furrow together when you point it out to him. "I ruined another shirt of yours." Azumane lowers his eyes to see the red lipstick against his clean white shirt. He softly chuckles and strokes your hair, tucking the loose strands behind her ear.

"It's alright. Let's go say bye to your parents before we leave." Azumane offers a hand to you, which you gingerly take. Kuroo purses his lips when he watches their exchange. He slowly walks over to his parents that are besides Y/N's parents.

An awkward glance of exchange is met from Y/N. She doesn't keep her eyes on Kuroo for long.

"Thank you for coming Mr. and Mrs. Kuroo." You whisper. They nod their heads.

"Come visit us sometime if you're not too busy. We miss seeing you." Kuroo's mother beams at you. You feel a bit guilty from her smile and nod in response. Kuroo's dad nudges Kuroo to say his farewell to you. But only slight nods between the two of you are exchanged.

You kiss your mother and father goodbye on the cheek before leaving with Azumane. "Take care Mr. and Mrs. Y/L/N." Azumane bows to them and also to Kuroo's parents.

"Take care of Y/N for me Asahi. Sorry if she's a handful at work." Your mother calls out to the two of you who walk down the path towards the parking lot. Azumane nods and smiles before turning around to look at you. Your distant eyes and forlorn expression causes him to worry.

"Is there anywhere you want to go Y/N?" Azumane asks you in a soft whisper.

"Anywhere but here." You murmur your words.

Azumane slowly nods his head, nibbling his bottom lip. The rain seems to have parted so a spontaneous car ride wouldn't be a horrible idea.

🏐・゚゚・。.

"Did you not make up with her Tetsurō?" Y/N's mother speaks to Kuroo in a familiar way. Kuroo widens his eyes slightly when he's being talked to. He snaps his eyes away from Azumane's car.