The lynx and an Alpha?

Por MysticalFae

Lily was only a little girl when her mom died. After that, her father, the alpha of the Black Floridian pack... Mais

The lynx and an Alpha?
The day my mom died
The day I shifted
The day I told her
The day I ran away
The day we met
Meeting the Barrs
Lonesome tree
Vamping off
Characters
Bloodsuckers everywhere
Meaning of love
Witch thingies
Love is all around you
A little party never killed nobody
I have a plan
It's always the goddamn tree
Author's note
Another author's note...
Death of an asshole
Living in the land of the dead
Emery's dark light
Death didn't choose you today
Author's note
One's death can mean the other's rescue
No way in hell
Special thanks
Kissed by darkness
No longer am I alive
Forget your life
Raging fire
They don't really care about us.
Could this be the end?
Little note

A little game of hide and seek

204 8 4
Por MysticalFae

A little game of hide and seek

Lily's p.o.v

Today was the day Will and I were going to look for our witch. Yesterday evening, he had asked all parents to bring their daughters who hadn't shifted yet. Every single one of them was nervous, because maybe one of their daughters was a witch. If so, she wouldn't be able to stay in the pack. She could be seen as a traitor, but I would make sure that wouldn't happen. She just had to help us and I would tell everyone she was welcome to stay. This would be her home, even if she wasn't like us. Basically I wasn't a full blood wolf either, so I knew how it felt to not fit in somewhere.

'What are you thinking about?' Will asked me while his hands slipped around my waist. He pulled me to his chest and hugged me as if he was leaving for a long time. I tried to turn around so I could face him, but he didn't let me. He kept me caged in his arms for a couple of minutes and then turned me around so he could look me in the eyes.

'I was thinking about the girl whose day will be ruined today. She won't feel at home here anymore, Will. Eveyone will look at her as if she's a traitor and I don't want that. This is her home and I want it to stay like that. You have to make sure nothing happens to her.' A tear slipped out of the corner of my eye. I would protect her with my lynx and I would bite everyone who wants to hurt her, just like a wolf would. My lynx was a wolf's archenemy, so I wouldn't have a problem biting one for the sake of the poor girl.

'Don't worry, I'll make sure she's safe, just like I promised you yesterday evening. She will be under my protection and everyone who dares to touch her, will feel my wrath.' He smiled at me and cupped my face. He pressed his nose against mine and grinned. I giggled and put my hands on his chest.

'I trust you on that! If you won't keep that promise, you will sleep on the couch for two years, understood!' I pushed him away and tried to look very serious. He looked very serious as well, but he couldn't contain his laughter any longer. I laughed to, but I put on my serious face on once again.

'I mean it, so you better do your best, Barrs!' I punched him in the arm and walked out the door. He was next to me in a matter of seconds and pulled me back. He pushed me against the wall and caged me once again in his arms.

'I will not sleep on that horrible couch. Maybe I can make you change your mind.' He smirked and put his lips on mine. It was a soft and tender kiss. He didn't try anything, just a lover's kiss. After what seemed like just a couple of seconds, he pulled back and gave me the cutest smile ever.

'It doesn't work like that mister, it will still be the couch for you if you don't keep your promise.' I laughed and quickly ran underneath his arms. His smile vanished, but just for a second. His eyes held an unknown emotion, but it was certainly not anger. It looked like stubborness, but I let it go. We had more important things to do right now.

'Come on, let's go, we need to find out where our little witch is hiding.' I was already running down the stairs. I was excited, maybe she would be here, close to us, maybe for once it would be easy for us to solve a problem. That was probably not going to happen, but I needed to have hope. Where there is hope, there is life.

We exited the house and went to the meadow in front of it. About forty girls were standing there, talking in small groups, but when they saw us, they all went quiet and went to stand in one straight line. They were afraid, it was written in their eyes, and they knew that whoever was going to be the witch, would become an outcast of the pack, at least that's what they thought.

'Thank you for coming here today. I just want to let you know, we don't know whether the witch we're looking for is here, or somewhere else. We just want to start close to home. I know that all of you are thinking that you will become an outcast if you are the girl we're looking for, but let me assure you, you will not. I will make sure this will stay your home, just like it has always been. You will be under our protection so don't be afraid.' I looked at every single one of them and luckily, they all looked a little more relaxed now they knew they would be allowed to stay here.

Will urged me to go forward and talk to all the girls. He thought that I would be the only one to feel a connection as she would be my saviour. I didn't know it that was true or not, but the least I could do was try. My feet were reluctant, but my heart urged them to go forward. I needed to find her as soon as possible and my heart was helping me with that. My heart would decide whether it was her or not, it would feel it.

After what felt like hours, but had only been fifty minutes, I was done with all the girls and I had felt nothing. No special bond, no magic, no nothing. It felt like my heart broke into a thousand pieces and I was not able to put them back together once more. I had to face the facts: our witch wasn't here. Everything I had hoped for, was gone. I didn't know where we had to go now, maybe to the other side of the world. I had no idea.

'Will, where's Sophie? Is she ok? I thought she'd be here today as she hasn't shifted yet either.' I was confused. She was supposed to be here, but why hadn't she showed up? Did she not care what happened to all of us?

'I didn't want to be the one to tell you this, Lily, but Fred left yesterday evening and he took Sophie with them. I didn't notice they were gone at first because of the speech you held, but later I tried to mind-link her and I couldn't get to her. That can only mean one thing: she's too far away from us to communicate. I called her late at night and she told me she left with Fred to rule his pack. Something inside me hoped Fred would call you, but I guess he didn't. I'm so sorry, Lily...' I almost didn't hear the last part of his sentence, that's how soft he spoke. My body felt like it was going to collapse. I just found out the witch wasn't here and now my brother and friend left me without telling me anything.

'Will they come back?' I whispered and my knees gave out underneath me. The soft grass tickled my legs and it remembered me of the time I was a small child. No worries, just playing in the gardens behind the house with Anna. All those memories were dead now. Anna was gone, my childhood wasn't great...

'I don't know, sweetheart. I will try to convince them to come back, but I can't promise anything.' He tried to hug me, but I pulled away. I didn't want to be touched by anyone right now.

My body was shaking and it couldn't gain control over itself. The only thing I could do was shift and run until all of my anger was gone, and that's exactly what I did. I ran towards the forest and shifted when I passed the first trees. My lynx roared and directly after that, my wolf howled. The sound was long and painful, it let everybody know this animal was heartbroken.

If Sophie and Fred could play hide and seek, so could I.

Anna's p.o.v

Finally all the bricks that collapsed on me were gone. I kept brushing all of the dust off of my body. It was clear to me that the person who was behind that window had already noticed something happened out on the street. It didn't matter who it was, I had to go inside now. I didn't even try to be sneaky, it wouldn't help me any longer.

I entered the building and climbed up the stairs to the floor where I had seen the shadow. When I got closer, I heard the most horrible voice ever. Katherine, definitely Katherine. Of course it would be her who had the nicest spot in this god forsaken place.

I tiptoed towards the door that led to the room she was in and stood next to it for a couple of seconds. My ears were pressed against the door, I needed to hear as much as possible. Just when it was getting interesting, (she was getting to the part about taking over Lily's body) the door flung open with so much force it swept me off of my feet. I crashed on the floor with a yelp and all of their heads whipped towards me.

About ten witches trained their eyes on me and guess who was in the middle. Yes, our little, sweet Katherine. Her eyes were as black as a stromcloud and a huge smirk covered her face. Then she laughed. A horrible laugh that sounded like a complete lunatic was choking on a piece of brain he ate from another human. She then walked towards me and grabbed my hair. I screamed and kicked her legs as hard as I could. She didn't let go of my hair, it seemed like she wasn't affected by my kicks at all.

'So tell me little vamp, are you coming to spy on me again, or are you here to annoy my witches? Do tell me.' Her smile widened as she dragged me to the middle of the room. All of her witchy friends had that lunatic sound of a laugh. It felt like I was in the middle of a horror movie and the bad witches were going to perform a spell on me that would kill me forever.

'Well to be honest, I came here to annoy the hell out of you, but I can see you're busy talking to your friends, so maybe I should just kill all of them and then we can have a nice chat. You wouldn't mind right?' I put on an innocent face, knowing she wouldn't believe me, but just to annoy her. She growled and kicked me in the stomach.

'You won't be able to kill them, they are much stronger than you'll ever be.' Her eyes were filled with a fire that was used to killing everyone who got pulled into it. I however, wouldn't give up and I would keep fighting.

'Maybe I'm just pranking you by acting like I'm weak, but in reality you and I both know I'm very strong. Your witches are no challenge for me. I could kill them with my little pinky.' I smirked and hit her as hard as I could, right in her face. She flew through the air and crashed into the wall a couple of feet from me and her groupies.

I quickly got up and snapped the necks of six of her witches. They didn't put up much of a fight. They tried using their spells on me, but somehow they didn't work as good as they did in the human world. I felt some of the effects, but they only slowed me down, they didn't hurt me.

I was able to snap the last four necks, and now it was only me and my little bestie Katherine. I had dreamed of this battle a long time, I had wanted to kill her ever since she lay a finger on Lily. Katherine stalked towards me, her eyes filled with anger.

'You will pay for that, you filthy bloodsucker!' she yelled and she put her hands around my neck. I quickly got her witchy fingers off of me with my vampire strenght, but when I wanted to kick her again, she was gone.

'Did you seriously run? Are you scared little kitten? What kind of a witch are you. You are so pathet...' I was cut off when something hard hit me in the back of my head. I fell face forward and the last thing I heard was Katherine's sneaky voice whispering in my ear.

'Your time has come, my little vampie. Don't be afraid, it will only hurt a lot.'

Then everything went black.

______________________________

Thank you for reading yet another chapter!! :D

I dedicated this story to someone with a very special name: scholzelynx, thank you for voting and commenting! A lynx is indeed the most beautiful creature on this planet ;)

If you liked this chapter, do leave a vote or a comment!

xxxxxxxx-F

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

451K 13.3K 20
Lilith has lived her whole life with only her mom as she's never known her dad. Her mom always told her that her dad was just a one night stand that...
1.6M 39.9K 63
Sixteen-year-old Valentine Winters has always known her destiny as the youngest daughter of an Alpha. On her sixteenth birthday, she eagerly anticipa...
52.4K 1.9K 21
Piper is an average werewolf, she has plenty of friends, a great pack, and the best family someone could ask for. But when her Dad, who is the Beta o...
1.8M 46.1K 36
My whole life has literally sucked. My mom cheated on my dad when I was 11 and then both my dad and I moved out. My name is Chloe and I'm 16 years ol...