THUG WATERS (Edited)

By UrbanDynasty089

"๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด" โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข Danielle Johnson other known as Dani Johnson... More

DISCLAIMER
|ONE|
|TWO|
|THREE|
|FOUR|
|FIVE|
|SIX|
|SEVEN|
|EIGHT|
๐˜Š๐˜–๐˜”๐˜”๐˜Œ๐˜•๐˜›๐˜š
|NINE|
|TEN|
NEW BOOK
|ELEVEN|
|TWELVE|
THIRTEEN
NEW COVER AND EXPLANATION
|FOURTEEN|
|FIFTEEN|
LETS TALK ABOUT IT
|SIXTEEN|
|SEVENTEEN|
|EIGHTEEN|
|TWENTY|
|TWENTY ONE|
|TWENTY TWO|
|TWENTY THREE|
|TWENTY FOUR|
|TWENTY FIVE|
|FINAL CHAPTER|
LET'S TALK ABOUT IT
SEQUEL
|NEW BOOK|
|PICK A BOOK|

|NINETEEN|

3.1K 153 92
By UrbanDynasty089

•DANIELLE•
Dani

I move against my silk sheets and thick comforter inside of my King sized bed. My phone started ringing. I leaned over picking it up to see it's my brother. "Wassup?" I mumble.

"Aye I'm out right now you want some to eat? I know you been sleeping all day." He says.

I nod even though he can't see me. "Yeah can you bring me back...hold on I'm gone text it to you." After I hung up I texted him a long list of food I want and snacks. Then I got up and headed towards the bathroom attached to my room.

After leaving Naomi & Issac's house Damari took me down to a penthouse condo that he bought me. Along with a whole bunch of essentials inside like some clothes, soap, tooth brush, lotion, towels and etc.

I turn on the shower making sure that it's real hot. Climbing inside I let the water run down my body, taking some bath and body works body wash and  spread it all over my loofah sponge then lather my body down with it. Letting out a deep breath I relax loving the feeling of finally taking an actually shower. One that I don't have to share with a hundred other people and that's way cleaner and sanitary.

•KHALIL•
Kades

I knock on her door waiting for a response. Big bags of McDonald's, drinks, hot fries, gummy warms, snickers, kitkats. And other various snacks and drinks she asked for. Damari was supposed to bring it to her but all of us was chilling at the house and he had some plans with a girl. I told him I could pick up all her stuff and drop it off but now she's not picking up the phone.

I remember that Damari gave me the key he had and opened up her apartment door heading inside. "Dani? Dani?" I call throughout her apartment as I search for her. She's not in the kitchen or the living room so I decide to head down the hall. I figured the last place she had to be is in her room. I walked in slowly and saw her bed a mess but no sign of her. I look to my right across the bedroom and saw the bathroom door open. I thought she was just doing something so I stepped over to look inside.

I watch as she's inside of the shower, the bathroom foggy with steam and even the glass of the shower door foggy too. But that doesn't stop me from seeing her body that's dripping with water and soapy. It's crazy how in this moment I'm not focused on how sexy she looks and how I should be feeling like fucking her. But instead my mind, heart, and ego is beating myself up about her. About how small she looks, how she's lost so much weight even her breasts are smaller, you can see even her face looks smaller. To explain myself it's not that she lost weight it's how she lost weight. I sent so much money in there and did my best to make sure she was fed but it's prison. We never truly know what's going on in there unless we're in there.

When Dani got sent away I beat myself up the most. When I woke up from a coma I found out that everybody tried to paint her as someone who manipulated and used Cash. I wished so bad that I wasn't in a coma during that trial. I would've made sure that neither of them got put in jail. Shit when they reached five years and I called some lawyers I really tried to get Dani out. But they told me that Cash was the only one out of both of them who could make it out. None of me wanted to put Danielle through the pain of going thru another case and getting her hopes up just to end up inside of there again. Just for Cash to get out and basically move on and tell me how he really felt. Him along with her brother felt like she used and manipulated Cash into trying to kill me. And that's something that really let me know my son wasn't shit. In my eyes he was just in some puppy dog phase with her and when he saw me in her life that's when he was willing to do anything to get her. He looked at it as some competition. All it took was her being sent away and locked up and he was holding some new girl in his arms. Personally when it comes down to who I feel sorry for I feel sorry for Dani more. At least she had a reason for trying to kill me.

Cash on the other hand did that shit for what he claims to be "love" when I know he did that so he wouldn't have to worry about me being in Dani's life anymore. And that only reason why I got him out of jail and helped him was because like I said his mom was begging me and I did it out of the promise I made my brother long ago.

I look away from the bathroom and walk away heading to her living room and taking a seat on the couch. I know it's probably a good idea but in this moment all I want to do is talk to her.

About some minutes later she's walking in wearing a t-shirt, some blue shorts and a pink silk robe. Her hair wet and hanging down her back in a curly manner, her cheeks and nose a red tint, his lips moist, the smell of her flowery lotion in the air, and a pair of fluffy pink socks on her feet. "Uh...where's Mari?" She questions in confusion.

I quickly stand up. "He's uh...he sent me to do it he had plans." I didn't want to tell her he had plans with a girl. I didn't know if she would feel some type of way or not that he chose that over being here.

"Cool." She mumbles watching me as I walk over towards the kitchen counter picking up the bags of snacks, her food and her drinks. I bring it to the table setting everything down.

"Alright well I'll jus-" she cuts me off.

"You can stay and eat if you want. I know you don't live by here." She says I'm guessing being nice ever though she doesn't sound too enthusiastic.

I nod. "Thank you." I take a seat beside her on the couch giving her a chance to pull out the food from the bag. She passes me a 20 piece box of chicken nuggets and two large fry.

After eating in silence for a minute I decide to break it. "I wanna say sorry." I breathe out deciding to be straight forward. She's not looking at me instead her eyes are ahead of her while she continues to eat. "I'm sorry for not telling you about your dad. I know the last thing you wanna hear right now is probably an excuse. To be real when I met you all I saw was his face. And it made me realize how fucked up I was. Then I spent time around you and I saw how amazing you were. Then the more time you was around me the more pain I could see in your eyes and I knew you didn't really have anybody in your life who genuinely cared. And I was your getaway...y-you were my getaway and I didn't want to stop spending time with you. I guess- no! No I know that I didn't want you to hate me. And Dani I'm so sorry for those things I said about you. My ego...I'm not even going to use that as an excuse. All I have to say is I was wrong about you and the things I said weren't true. You're not a fucked up person, I know it probably doesn't make you feel better but I'm more fucked up than you and I've fucked up more than you. But I guess I'm saying all this to say that I'm sorry. And maybe it doesn't fix things and I know it won't fix everything but I never meant to intentionally hurt you..." I ramble on not being able to stop myself from saying what I've been holding in for nine years.

After I said all of that everything was still quiet. I reach over getting ready to lift her chin up but she jerks back. Her brown eyes finally meeting mine. "Are you gonna say something?" I question.

She reaches over grabbing her drink she takes a sip. "What do you want me to say Khalil?" She calls me by my government and her soft voice is low.

I scratch behind my neck. "I don't know what I want you to say but I want you to say honestly." What I do know is I want her to say something. I just don't know what.

I attempt to get up but I wince feeling some pain in my back. "You okay?" She asks looking at me in confusion.

"Yeah it's just uh....it's my back." I say awkwardly.

I watch as it takes her a minute to realize what's wrong. "Shit." She curses. "Can I see?"

"Uh sure." I stand up. Even though I don't really like showing people I don't want to tell her no especially after everything she's been thru. I remove my long sleeve shirt. Facing the kitchen so that my back is facing her.

Everything's quiet but I can feel her presence behind me so I know that she's looking at it. Seconds later I feel her fingers running across the healed places she once stabbed me. I close my eyes my back tingling at her touch. "Is it supposed to still be hurting?"

"When I got out of surgery they said you'd stabbed me close to some major arteries. When I got out of a coma the pain was real bad. I had to do a lot of therapy to learn how to walk again but even when I did learn I still didn't want to get up because it hurt so bad. It hurts less and less with more time though. The doctor said it could stop hurting one day or it could continue to hurt for the rest of my life." I explain.

I look over my shoulder to see her eyes trained on my scares. Staring at me with sympathy. "I'm so so-" I turn around quickly stopping her sentence. I grab my shirt putting it on.

"Don't do that. Ight? Don't be sorry for that, after all the fucked up shit you've been thru. That I put you thru and others I deserve more than some cuts." I pull my shirt all the way down watching her eyes flash down to my body one good time.

Everything gets quiet and I can feel the tension in the air. It's crazy how after all this time me and Dani can't be in a room for over an hour alone before the tension builds. And now it's even stronger since I just saw her in the shower not too long ago and she's a grown woman. She sighs sitting on the couch bundling her knees up in her chest like she's cold. I reach for the throw blanket on the couch and place it on her.

"Your girlfriends a bitch." She says bluntly and seriously.

A smirk forms across my mouth and I chuckle. "I miss that." I admit.

Dani raises an eyebrow. "Miss what Khalil?"

I lick my lips looking her up and down. "That smart ass mouth. That's what the fuck I missed." 

She laughs lifting up off the couch she reaches for the bag of candy. Bent over I get a full view of her ass and her robe hikes up a little letting me see her pussy print in her shorts. I bite down on my lip looking away. I almost thought she was teasing me like she used to but I knew she most likely wasn't. "I mean you never could shut me up." She jokes taking her seat again she pulls out the bag of candy.

I run a hand down my beard leaning back with my other hand in my pants. Just a thing guys do when they comfortable. "I always could shut you up. I just loved hearin' you talk your shit." I explain.

I don't know what it is it's always been something about Danielle that drives me so crazy. Nobody will argue and dawg me like she will and it's like yeah it pisses me off but it's also one of the things I'm attracted to. Because she never gave a fuck who she was talking to.

Her eyes search my face. "You flirtin with me Khalil?" Her words catch me off guard.

I don't really no what to say. "Nah I was just being honest-"

"Because I don't flirt with taken men...or men that I've tried to kill." I realize she's just joking when I see a amusement on her face and that causes me to laugh. "No but seriously I don't flirt with taken men."

"I'm not taken." I find myself explaining. "Onya not my girl she's just somebody I go way back with."

I dig my back deeper into the couch when I see Dani moving forward. The bag of candy dropping out of her hands. She places her hand on my chest looking me in the eyes. "Tell that bitch that next time she get smart with me she won't even need to warn motherfuckas about me. They'll know not to try me just by how fucked up her face gone be after." She threatens.

Instead of telling her to chill like I should I just bite down on my lip staring up at her. I place my hand over hers and she rolls her eyes playfully. "You beatin' bitches asses for me? That's crazy you just got out and you already showin you still got my back."

"I don't got shit." She snaps yanking away. "I just wanna make sure I won't have any problems with her."

"I got you," I vow to her. "Ain't gone be no problems with her or anybody else I swear."

"I've heard that before." She mumbles.

"Just like I heard you had my back too and now I have five stabs wounds in it. Shit happens Dani." I remind her.

A smile forms across her face. "You not gone ever let me live that down."

I smirk at her. "Now at least we have something to show for all those memories we got."

"Yeah you ain't the only one out here with scars to go with memories." Dani looks away and I can see this look in her eyes.

"Can I see?"

"See what?" She asks confused.

I motion to her. "Your scars. You did nine years I know you have some."

She sighs lifting up her shirt revealing a stab wound in her side. I could tell by the shape it was a shank wound. I frown. "How'd that happen?" I question. I made Daina looked after her in there so I hoped she wouldn't have gotten hurt too much in there.

She leans back and I can tell by her facial expression this is going to be a long story. "We all had our little crews. It was me and this girl named Daina, we rolled with a few other girls and looked after eachother. Now I ain't know nobody all like that but what I did know is that Daina and that girl been at it since the beginning of time. Like this is year's of rivalry."

"What does that have to do with you-" she cuts me me off.

"If you would just listen," she snaps. "Like I was sayin I was knew in they crew. Daina was looking after me and in return I knew what needed to be done. The girl Karmen and her little group been catching some of ours lacking. Picked on the smallest one and jumped her when they were all alone. Me being me I figured I'd handle it."

I listened to the story watching as she filled in all the pieces and explained to me how it all went down.

"Bitches think shit is candy. You know Cam in the clinic? I heard it's bad." Exie looks over at Dani anger in her eyes.

"I promise you I'll kill Karmen." Daina vowed.

Danielle listened as everybody explained their hatred for Karmen. In Dani's eyes her now sister Cam has been thru enough already. Ending up in prison, being raped growing up, so young and small inside of here. Dani feels as though she didn't deserve what happened to her. And though she knew it wasn't a good idea she knew she had to act fast and hurt Karmen before she could hurt someone else.

"There that bitch go." Since the entire group was sitting in the lunchroom they all stood once they saw Danielle rushing towards Karmen. "Bitch!" Dani yelled and that's where everything took a turn. Dani punched Karmen across the face knocking her down and an entire fight was started.

All the inmates using this as their opportunity to fight whoever they want to fight. White, Asian, Korean, Jamaican, Mexican....it didn't matter everybody was fighting any and everybody they've been wanting to get their lick back to. And this caused the prison to go on full lockdown and for them to send down every officer they have in with weapons and gases.

"You think you can get away with that shit huh?!" Dani yells shoving Karmen to the floor. Just as she gets ontop of her she foolishly lands directly on the shank just like Karmen wanted her to. Dani cries out dropping to the floor holding her wound that's leaking at a fast pace.

"D!" Daina screams trying to get to her but now the cops are holding everyone and hand cuffing them.

Dani takes deep breaths each one causing more blood to leak out. Her eyes watering as she holds her hand up trying to block Karmen's fist from punching her. As she closes her eyes to wait for an impact it doesn't come. A cop grips Karmen by the shoulder throwing her up against a nearby wall. Karmen filled with rage puts up a fight. The cop shoved her against the wall again and again until Karmen is not fighting anymore. Until Karmen isn't moving anymore.

Danielle body fills with worry as she tries to check on the girl who's body is laying there lifeless. Just when she's almost to her another officer snatched her up taking her away.

Taking her to the hole.

"Wait wait," I cut Dani off. "I'm confused. I thought you wanted her hurt."

She nods. "I did but hurt and dead are two different things." She describes.

"But she hurt Cam." I remind her.

She nods again. "She did hurt Cam. But the thing about prison is that even when we are far far apart we're all together. Regardless we were all inmates wanting to be free and be home again. I wanted to scare her a little, maybe fight, stab her. But kill her? Nah I didn't want her dead. And that cop....Khalil I promise you I've never saw a more evil man. I mean the things he got away with in there." She shakes her head a disgusted facial expression appearing across her face.

I reach over running my hand across the wound. Her eyes meet mine. "They really took you to the hole?" I tried to control my anger. Dani doesn't know this but in this moment I'm planning out how I'm going to kill that cop.

"Yep," she nods. "I was kept there for two days, bled out, my wound got infected and I was damn near close to death." I can tell by the look on her face she's serious.

My heart aches for her and what she went through in there. I move my hands to hers taking her hands in mine. My huge hands holding her small ones. "I promise I will make sure you never have that feeling again."

Dani raises an eyebrow. "What feelin?"

"Trapped."

•*•*•*•*•*•

"Aye thanks for having us over bro." Mari says to Cash.

I catch Cash's wife Stella eyeing me with curiosity and a little bit of somewhat confusion. Probably wondering how we were both his type at some point but both so different.

"Yeah thanks for having us over too. You know you my homegirl." Onya annoying ass says with a hint of shade.

"Yeah I had to," Stella says her voice soft and pure like. "With this being a special day and all I wanted was to share it with y'all." I watch as a huge smile spreads over her face.

Stella is pretty. She's a Latina with short dark Nia Long cut hair, medium sized lips, huge smile, long lashes and doll like eyes. She invited us all over and now here we all are. Damari, me, Kades, Onya, her and Cash all at their long dinner table eating shrimp, stake, asparagus, and other various foods. With wine.

I run my hand through my hair.

I'm currently wearing a all black sweater dress with some black knee high boots. My breasts exposed a little bit. "Special day?" Mari questions the only one really trying to make conversation besides Onya.

Kades is sitting across from me dressing comfortably in some jeans and a regular t-shirt, a chain on his neck, and a rolex on his wrist. I peep how clean his finger nails is and the veins popping out of his arm. I can't lie he does look good. Our eyes meet and the two of us quickly look away.

Stella giggles and I watch as Cash leans over touching her hand and holding it. I try to hold back from scoffing. "Tell them baby." She suggests.

Cash clears his throat his eyes going to me then his wife. "It's our wedding anniversary." His voice is low but we can all hear him.

"Ouuu that's so exciting." Onya says faking enthusiasm. Once again Kades minds his business.

"The day we got married was the best day of both of our lives. You guys do know we are eachothers first loves right?" Stella asks.

A laugh escapes my lips causing everybody to turn towards me. Mari leans over whispering into my space. "Awkwarddd." He drags out.

"You didn't tell me this was what today was." Kades tells his son a hint of irritation in his tone. I know that if he would've known he most likely would've made sure I didn't come so it wouldn't be weird.

"First loves? Damn that's crazy because I thought..." Onya trails off a smirk on her lips.

"I know right girl? First loves and now we're having a baby? Time flies. I still remember all of you at our wedding. Except Danielle...where were you when we got married?" Stella questions.

The sound of my fork hitting the glass plate is loud throughout the room. Nobody answered for me so I chose to speak up. "I was in prison." I say even though I know she knows that. "Doing for time for a crime we both did together."

"I wouldn't say together." Cash shocks me.

"Just like I wouldn't say that Stella here is your first love." The words leave my lips bluntly.

"Clearly you aren't if he moved on soon as he got out." Onya gives her input.

"Aye Onya." I call out to her.

"Yes?"

"Shut the fuck up." I curse.

"I just think you being a little messy right now." Kades gives his opinion. And to my surprise Cash doesn't speak up and defend his wife. Probably too afraid of Khalil.

A innocent expression is plastered on Stella's face. "I wasn't trying to be I swear. If I offended you I'm sorry. It's just Jose didn't really tell me much about you."

I laugh. "You wanna know what I was doing when y'all was getting married? Fighting bitches in jail and being locked behind bars. That's what I was doing while y'all was playing house."

"Playing? How are we playing?" Stella raises an eyebrow.

"Baby maybe you should calm down I don't want you to upset the baby." Cash says. His words piss me off even more.

I lean forward adjusting my shirt giving her a view of my body. I can see the envy in her eyes. "Y'all was playing because sweetie in case nobody told you I was his first love. And he told me that he wanted to marry me."

"Who got the ring and who got his baby though?" Onya questions.

I place my palms on the table standing up. "Who bout to get they ass beat if they don't mind they business? Ole cum rag."

"Sis calm down." Mari says trying to reach for me but I snatch away.

"Nah I don't give a fuck about none of that shit." I snap.

"I just hope it's not no hard feelings," Stella speaks up. "You two were kids. Ya know? Y'all were young and in high school. But now? He's a grown man and he knows what he wants and needs. Not to mention we're both Latin and have so much in common. Maybe one day you'll find somebody who-"

"Woah woah woah." Mari cuts her off. "Aye Cash get ya girl man she can't be talking to my sister like that."

Stella pretends to be surprised. "What did I say? I didn't mean to offend anybody."

"That was out of line give her an apology." Kades demands.

"For saying we're both Latin? What's wrong with that? I think it's meant." The more she talks the more I feel like she's low key racist and upset with the fact that the first girl her husband was in love with is a black woman.

I speak just as Khalil was about to. "I'm so dead serious if you wasn't pregnant I would whoop ya ass up and down this big ass house." I threaten. "And the fact that you gone let this bitch talk like that." I motion to Cash.

Even Onya didn't defend her this time knowing how wrong it is what she said.

"I'm so sorry I didn't know." She breaks down crying and everybody comforts her. By everybody I mean only Onya and Cash. Me, Kades, and Mari know better than to feed into that. "I was hoping me and Danielle could be friends." She continues to sob.

"It's okay baby it's fine nobody hates you." Cash tells her holding her face while their having their own personal conversation. She cries against his chest sniffling.

I scoff. It's crazy how someone can claim to be so in love with you and always be there for you. Y'all grew up together, went thru hell, was willing to commit murder and kill people for how y'all both feel. And in the end the moment shit gets a little too rough and tough now he wants to move on and get married. And just leaves out that history of what we have and what we've been thru.

Stella waddles off, Cash & Onya following her to go get her some water or something to calm her down.

Mari breaks the silence a sympathetic look on his face. "I'm sorry about that sis, you didn't deserve this my bad for bringing you."

I clear my throat. "Y'all really ain't talk about me while I was locked up? He didn't?"

"It's just some things better left unsaid. We didn't want to reopen any wounds." Mari explains.

I look over at Kades then back to my brother laughing. "Wounds? What wounds? Who was hurt besides me? I was the one still locked up Damari. And none of y'all even visi-" I cut myself off taking a deep breath calming down a little bit. "None of y'all even visited me."

"Dani-" I cut him off.

"Ya know what go check on ya best friend/brother and your sister in law." I motion towards the doorway they just walked out of. "I'm out."

I stand up ignoring him calling me. By the time I'm outside I feel a large hand grip my wrist turning me around. My chest hits Kades stomach. "What do you want?" I ask slightly irritated.

"Shit got crazy in there. It's a uh....a carnival right now, you wanna go? It might get your mind off of things." He suggests.

I roll my eyes. "What about Onya?" I notice that his hand is still on my wrist.

"She was trippin' besides she in there comforting ole girl." His words make me laugh.

I let out a sigh. "I guess we can go to that carnival or whatever."

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

We laid in the back of his long truck staring up at the stars. The sound of the carnival and kids laughing and screaming, carnival music and fire works erupting into the sky. Different colors flashing down on us.

"I don't know why you picked that thing out." Kades laugh motioning to the dolphin that he won me.

"It's cute." I say simply. "Besides, I like dolphins."

"For real? Tell me why." I can feel his eyes on me but I don't look over at him.

"It's nothing." I say.

"Com'on. I remember a time when you used to talk all the time." I look over at him a smile all over his face. "I couldn't get you to shut up. Now it's like I can't even get you to talk."

I shake my head. "Shit just ain't the same no more. Feels like everybody tried to forget about me."

He smacks his lips. "Ian never try to forget about you."

"Feels like it." I mumble.

"You don't know what was going on out here," he says seriously. "Having to learn how to walk again, physical therapy and what not. What kept me going was thinking of you."

Everything was quiet and it felt like we were in our on world. "So please just talk to me D." He asks of me.

"It's not that easy." I say sitting up.

"Why not? Why can't we? We did yesterday." He reminds me.

I contemplate my head aching. I realized he can't hurt me or mess me over again unless I give him the power to. Talking to him wouldn't do anything. "I didn't expect drug dealing, murdering mean ole Khalil to be laying in the back of his truck staring up at the stars." I say honestly.

"I don't but I know that you might like this. Hell it seems like a good place to think." He explains. "Now why do you like dolphins?"

"It's stupid." I say.

He turns his body so he's facing me and we're both sitting up on our laps. "Try me."

I play with my hands thinking over what I wanna say. "Ya know when my dad was found in the water like that I had this stupid idea that maybe...." I trail trying to find the words. "Maybe his soul or something was reincarnated as a dolphin or a whale or something."

He nods. "That's not stupid. I hope that he is."

His words make me frown. "I wish you would've told me Khalil. I mean I would've rather heard that shit from you."

He reaches over taking the dolphin from me holding it in his hands. "You should've heard it from me. You honestly had so many people taking advantage of you. Truth is you were young, I shouldn't of even got roped in with you. Then feelings got-" he stops himself. "Things just got crazy. I deserve what I got but you didn't deserve what you got."

"I did," I disagree. "I did the crime. And you know Vanni? I killed him." I admit a laugh escaping my lips.

He looks shocked. "For real?"

"Hell yeah," I say. "Me and Cash planned on taking all them out. But we were arrested that night."

He stays silent probably not knowing what to say. "What happened after his death?" Thats one of the things I've never found out about. What actually went down after I killed him.

Kades runs a hand over his waves licking his lips. "Everybody was saying you did it. Hits was being placed on your head I was beefed with so many niggas. My alliance and bond with Issac kept so many motherfuckas from touching me. I even had my cousin in there looking after you. I couldn't let them kill you in there. Might sound fucked up but I ain't protect Cash. Son or not he need to be a man about the shit he chose to do."

"Cousin?" I asked in confusion.

He nodded. "Daina's my cousin." His words shock me and make me feel slightly closer again with him. Me knowing her kept me protected so many times throughout prison. Without him or her I would've most likely died within a week.

"Thanks for that," I say causing him to nod. "So what are they doing now?" I want to know what exactly I'm coming back to. They definitely want me dead.

"Marvin got killed that same year. And Cas & Tez left the ATL. Now they're somewhere down south trying to run shit again. They won't bring their asses back here though. They ain't trynna have no problems." He says seriously.

"Did you...?" I couldn't help but ask.

"We both some did some shit," he admits with a shrug. "None of that shit wouldn't of happened if it wasn't for him forcing Cas to. You wanted revenge? I tried to make sure I got you some."

I reach over lifting my hand up touching his face. For the first time a smile spreading over my face and a laugh leaving my lips. "You're crazy as fuck."

He bites down on his lips looking me up and down. "Maybe." He says lowly his voice raspy. His cologne filling my nostrils.

I roll my eyes removing my hand. "Old ass man." I joke.

"Smart ass mouth. I told Onya ass not to try you, she lucky you ain't beat her ass." He laughs holding his stomach.

"Shit that's yo girl," I say pointing at him. "What y'all planning marriages and shit too? Don't you want a family?"

He nods. "Just not with her."

"Why not? You bringing her around and shit."

"Me and Onya got a confusing ass history." Kades explains.

I smack my lips. "Like you and me?"

"Nah," he shakes his head. "Our shit may have some rough messed up times. But our history is crystal clear." I watch his lips as he talks his accent saying each word so attractively.

I lean back on my palms staring at him as he eyes me. "So tell me about this history y'all got."

Kades clears his throat. "When I uh...when my sisters daughter passed because of me I was fucked up. No family, no money, no place to stay," he describes. "Onya had my back. So I will forever owe her because of that."

"Let me tell you something," I reach over gripping his face making him look at me. "You are a grown ass man. You don't owe nobody shit."

"But I do," he moves away. "I owe her damn near my life. It's just certain shit I ain't willing to give her. A ring and a baby is one of em."

"Shit well I'm willing to give her a ass beatin." I say bluntly.

"I know you are baby." The word baby leaves his lips so natural and I can tell even he's surprised by it.

After a few minutes of silence he climbs over his trunk and bounces down onto the grass. "We leaving?" I question.

He laughs. "Hell nah girl,"

"This night ain't over."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 29K 100
๐•€๐•— ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ ๐•”๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ ๐•’๐•”๐•”๐•–๐•ก๐•ฅ ๐•ž๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ ๐•จ๐•™๐•  ๐•š ๐•’๐•ž, ๐••๐•  ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ ๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•Ÿ ๐•ฃ๐•–๐•’๐•๐•๐•ช ๐•๐• ๐•ง๐•– ๐•ž๐•–?
119K 2.5K 30
Imani's a quiet girl who doesn't have any friends. She goes through her school days alone. Her life at home is pretty much non-existence. She comes h...
354K 13.4K 46
Growing up in the hood isn't easy . Murders , shootouts , drugs , prostitutes and dope boys are normal . Imagine being sucked in the gritty at just s...
75.2K 2.9K 82
He straightens his posture, his tone is even, voice calm and his eyes soften. "If," he raises a finger at me, slows his speech slightly and enunciate...