Cold Hearted|Feitan Portor x...

By grass_n_frogs

(Y/n) is trying to steal Feitan's heart while he coldly interacts with her. No matter how harsh his words are... More

・Disclaimer・
・Prologue ・
・Chapter 1・
・Chapter 2・
・Chapter 3 ・
・Chapter 4 ・
・Chapter 5・
・Chapter 6・
・Chapter 7 ・
・Chapter 8・
・Chapter 9・
・Chapter 10・
・Chapter 11・
・Chapter 12・
・Chapter 14・
・Chapter 15・
・Chapter 16・
・Chapter 17・
・Chapter 18・
・Epilogue・
・Trivia Facts ・
Alternative Ending (Chapter 15)

・Chapter 13・

6.7K 209 274
By grass_n_frogs

The town was full of chatter and laughs as the four Phantom Troupe members walks down the street. Pakunoda's hand was gently wrapped around (y/n)'s wrist as they led the way down the crowded streets at the outside market. Rows of stands sold food, merchandise, and other necessities to many customers.

"This place is sure lively." Shizuku points out the obvious, hoping to get some type of conversation going. (Y/n)'s stares at the ground aimlessly with her hair covering her face. "I wonder if this is the place (y/n) really came from." Korotopi continues as he walks next to (y/n). "Look at that." Pakunoda stops in front of a puppeteer, controlling his puppets dancing on the crates. A musician stood by playing the flute as the puppets danced together in harmony. (Y/n) looks up in instinct, staring at the dancing puppets. The music and the colors seem to attract her as she walks near it without Pakunoda having to guide her.

"I guess puppets dancing is attracting her..." Shizuki says, watching (y/n)'s body get invested in the little show. They stood there watching the puppet play around some more as the lively music went on. The puppets hook arms swinging each other around and around. It causes many bystanders, mostly kids, to dance along too, mimicking the puppets. Parents laughed as they pull out their phones to record their silly children. The puppets' feet tap on the crate creating matching beats to the music as the puppets spin around in circles.

Pakunoda pushes (y/n)'s hair behind her ears so (y/n) can see the joyful show with her contrasting dull eyes. Shizuku smiles, "This place is just as lively as (y/n) don't you think? " Pakunoda nods her head with a smile, "I guess you're right." The puppets bow down as the crowd claps and cheers for them. "I think we should take our leave," Korotopi speaks up as the crowds start to disperse. Pakunoda starts walking, but then she felt a small tug from (y/n).

"E-Excuse me, ma'am." An old lady tugs on (y/n)'s hand with shocked eyes. Pakunoda turns around as the woman tries to grab (y/n)'s attention, but to no avail (y/n) didn't respond, just staring ahead. "Sorry ma'am, but she is unable to respond, is there... anything you need?" The old lady wipes away the incoming tears nearing her eyes, "I-I couldn't help, but overheard this lady's name is named (y/n)?" Pakunoda, Shizuku, and Korotopi look at each other and then back at the lady, "Yes, her name is (y/n)." Korotopi confirms, nodding his head at the same time.

The lady couldn't help, but gasp and the hide her eyes were her arms, wiping it. The 3 spiders stare at the lady, bewildered and confused. "Um..." Pakunoda starts awkwardly, reaching her hand out to pat the lady on the shoulder, "I'm sorry! It's just, I had a daughter name (y/n), but I had to be separated from her a long time ago," The lady sniffs as she stares at (y/n), "Your (y/n) looks a lot like my little girl." The old lady mumbles sweetly. She was a bit shorter than (y/n). She even has the same hair as (y/n) with a couple of white streaks running through it. Her face has wrinkles. Pakunoda could only assume that the lady was much older than her.

Pakunoda touches the lady's shoulder again, looking through her memories. It left Pakunoda covering her mouth with her hand with a blob of tear edging at her brown eyes. "Y-You're really her..." Pakunoda uncover her mouth, "(Y/n)'s mother?"

・・・

The troupe members were invited to (y/n)'s mother's house. The mother also known as Kayo (l/n), still lived in the same town as (y/n) though she did lived far from the house (y/n) was raised in. She been staying in the same town hoping her daughter could find her way back home. Her friends was also helping out, finding the lost girl, but many years passed by without any progress.

Pakunoda sits (y/n) down on the couch. (Y/n) fell to the side of the arm. "Oh..." Pakunoda sits (y/n) up straight again, brushing the hair out of her face. Kayo watched with a worried look as she watches her daughter she hasn't seen in years. This wasn't how (y/n) was like when she was younger was all she can think.

Shizuku and Korotopi takes the couch in front of the couch (y/n) was sitting on. Both couches were split by a rectangular small table. The living room was small a cozy. It was filled with many bookshelves and old items. There was one wall occupy with a big window with a table underneath it, littered with open books and paper.

"I'm sorry... your daughter..." Pakunoda starts as she sits down next to (y/n). Kayo kneels down next to her daughter, "(Y/n)? (Y/n)? It's me, your mom. Do you remember me?" The spiders watched with stoic faces as Kayo talks to her daughter's body. Her eyes sadden, "Darling, it's me. Your mother." Tear's breams at the edge of her eyes, calling out to her daughter who wouldn't even look at her face.

Pakunoda couldn't handle it anymore as she made Kayo sit down next to her daughter. Kayo holds (y/n)'s hands as she sobs, "(Y/n)?" She calls out again. Pakunoda places a hand on Kayo's shoulder as she sits down next to her, "There is a lot of things to explain. First of all..." Pakunoda looks at (y/n), "She's a part of the Phantom Troupe, but she didn't really have a choice." Her mother couldn't help, but gasp, "Th-the group that murders people?" Paukunoda nods her head slowly, "It was the only way for her to survive since as you may know... she was abandoned in Meteor City by your... past lover." Kayo grips onto her pants as she stares at (y/n), "I already know..." Paukunoda nods her head and continues, "Our boss was interested in her ability to heal anything that lived so he took her in, and after that, we took care of her." Kayo takes a deep sigh, "Well I guess as long as the Phantom Troupe doesn't hurt her. I still find it so hard to believe, my baby? In a group of thieves?"

Pakunoda takes a deep breath, "She fell in love with one of our members, but he doesn't really like her back, unfortunately. Maybe he does... either way, he doesn't really... show his emotions. Recently... or 6 months ago. Her soul fell into the hands of a man name Genko so we just have her..." Pakunoda hesitates, "Her body. Just her body. She's not here. I promise we are trying to get her back. Your daughter might have done some bad things, but I assure you she hasn't changed much."

"I-I can't believe. How much horror had she gone through? And you haven't got her soul back?!" Kayo's hand instantly covers her mouth as she squeezes (y/n)'s hand tighter with the other. "This is all HIS fault..." She mumbles as tears slip down her cheeks. Everybody stayed quiet, letting the woman sob in distress.

A knock on the door grabs the attention of Pakunoda. Pakunoda doesn't know if she should open the door, but (y/n)'s mom should know about a specific person after all.

Pakunoda slowly creaks open the door, "Feitan, Shalnark..." They both step in, "So..." Feitan starts as his eyes trail to the weeping mother on the couch. "That's her?" Pakunoda nods her head. Kayo wipes away her tears as looks over the two men, "Are they..." "They are apart of the Phantom Troupe," Shizuku answers right away. "Oh... Please come in." Kayo's heart beats fast knowing she just let a bunch of thieves in her house, but since they are friends of (y/n), that calms her nerves down. "I can't believe you guys ran into her." Shalnark starts, looking around the living room, "Pretty cozy in here too."

"So you're (y/n)'s mom, right? Nice to meet you." Shalnark was straightforward as he reaches his hand out with a polite smile. "N-Nice to meet you too." She shakes his hand with a timid one. "Are you the one... my daughter likes so much?" Shalnarks stares at her in confusion before bursting into laughs, "Oh no no, you got the wrong person." Shalnark moves out of the way, "Feitan come and introduce yourself." Feitan grumbles in annoyance. Shalnark rubs his neck, "Sorry, he isn't great at introducing himself, you see. I promise he won't bite... um unless you piss him off at least."

Feitan takes a deep breath, "Name's Feitan." It came out more like a grumpy mumble, but it was enough for Kayo to hear. Kayo nods her head, "So (y/n) likes you?" Feitan rolls his eyes, "Unfortunately." "Ahaha, Feitan, don't you want to make a first good impression? Anyways...!" Shalnark pushes the grumpy gremlin out of the way with an embarrassed smile. "Sorry about that, he's just... always like that." Kayo chuckles a bit, "It's fine, it's fine." She sits down next to her daughter again, pulling her head into her lap. Brushing out (y/n)'s (h/c) hair, she gets a glimpse of (y/n)'s pale face.

Pakunoda sits on the couch across from them, "She's usually looking more joyful..." Kayo frowns, "Please..." She lowers her head, "Please get her back..." Pakunoda nods her head, "Of course." Pakunoda then looks at Feitan who nods at her, recalling what Pakunoda informed him over the phone.

"I have something I like to say." Pakunoda starts, "You know the Phantom Troupe. We kill people. We steal valuable items. We're monsters according to some people. When (y/n) first met us, of course, she was terrified." Shizuku then continues from there, "But she's the reason why we feel human. We can't keep taking care of her body and look at Genko at the same time, so..." "So we were hoping that you could take care of her body for us. You're her mother right?" Shalnark ends. Kayo shoots her head up, "Of course! Anything for my daughter!" Kayo cups (y/n)'s face with one hand, "Anything..." Pakunoda nods her head and stands up, "I'll give you our numbers. You are involved now, do you realize that? If something happens to you or (y/n), you call us right away. Understand?"

"Alright," Kayo says with a determined look. The determined look that the Phantom Troupe recognizes from (y/n). "But... I have one question to ask..." Kayo takes a deep breath, "Did she ever... kill someone." Everybody remains quiet, no answer was given immediately. Feitan sighs, "She has. Only one. Your ex-husband." Kayo's eyes open wide as she trembles, but then she stops. "Your ex-husband was about to kill her. She didn't have a choice." Kayo closes her hand until her knuckles turn white, "I guess... that acceptable. We live in a cruel world." Feitan comes near Kayo, "(Y/n) is trying to communicate with us. If she mumbles something, tell us that too." Kayo nods her head. "Also, your annoying daughter befriended a cat. Can you take care of that too?" Kayo looks up, "Really a cat?" Feitan grumbles, "She named it Fei. It's probably doing something weird back in Meteor City." Kayo couldn't help but giggle, "Of course. I'll try. It gets lonely here anyway. Did my daughter already confessed to you?"

"Multiple times she did!" Shalnark answers for Feitan, "She would talk to Feitan first thing in the morning too! Feitan says he hates it, but I personally think he mis- OW! OW! Surrendering! Surrendering!" Feitan lets go of Shalnark's twisted, sore arm, but even so, everybody had a small smile on their faces. "We should get going." Pakunoda says, "We promise... to get (y/n) back." Kayo nods her head, "Good luck. I believe you can do it... You won't kill anyone won't you?" Feitan scoffs, "Of course we will." He starts heading towards the door. "See ya!" Shalnark follows him. Kayo watches as each member walks through the door.

After a while, her heart sped down, looking at her daughter's blank face, "My darling..." She traces her cheeks to her chin, "We're so close to meeting each other. What happened after all those years we were apart?"

・・・

Feitan knocks on the door of Kayo's house with Fei in his arm. When Kayo opens the door, Feitan shoves the cat in her arms, "Here. It usually goes hunting and rub itself onto (y/n)." "Oh, thanks... Feitan." Kayo struggles to get the cat to sit perfectly in her arms. "Also," Feitan puts a similar mask to his on Fei's head, "It's a mask... for her. If she wakes up, hide it from her. That's all." Feitan turns on his heel, "Wait! I have a question!" Kayo calls out. She gulps down the fear of the spiders, "Do you have feelings for my daughter?" Feitan turns around, staying silent for a second.

"Perhaps."

Without another word, he disappears in a blink of an eye. Kayo looks around and then looks down at Fei who already warmed up to her touch. She breathes out, "This is really too much for me." Closing the door, she settled Fei down.

"Lucky for you, I've taken care of cats before." She pets Fei and then walks over to (y/n), "I don't know how I should feel about your crush, (y/n)." She says in a soft voice. Kayo places down the mask on her lap and tucks a strand of hair behind (y/n)'s ear, "I saw the Phantom Troupe in a different angle today. And I don't know how to feel about that either, but..." Her hand travels down to her daughter's "If you can live with them, then I can too." She wraps her arms around (y/n), tears quietly sneaking down her face, "I'm so sorry..."

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Author: Omg is that Feitan warming up????
Feitan: No.
Author: Yes.
Feitan: No.
Author: ...
Author: Ye-.
Feitan: No.
Author: But you sai-
Feitan: I didn't say anything.

(Y/n):

I wasn't proud of this chapter and that made my motivation say bye . Anyways, I am predicting this book has at least 20 chapters + and epilogue! I am also going back onto online school so I guess that gives me more to write since I secretly write during zoom meetings. >:))) Thank you so much for the support and I'll see you guys next chapter! Sayonara~!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 457 13
From the day you left home you had been dreading the ill-fated meeting with your soulmate. Correction, one of your seven soulmates. Further correctio...
81.9K 2.3K 19
[Feitan x Reader] Skilled fighter Y/N defeats Hisoka at Heavens Arena and is recruited by the Phantom Troupe. To their surprise they begin to find a...
5.9K 129 14
(U) is depressed, and grieving after her entire clan is slaughtered -aside from her brother who she has no idea we're he is- but that's not the worst...
47K 1.6K 26
This is a sequel to Try To Take Her Away From Me. They drove her away. The time has come for a victor to rise. Who will emerge from the smoke and dus...