Summer With Enzo

By 20snakeandbadger23

Valentina Amato is just a girl spending her summer at Lake Como, Italy when she meets the new British guy vis... More

meet the characters
the new guy in town
our last summer
jealousy
don't you want me
hypocrite
different
take a chance on me
chiquitita
knowing me, knowing you
i do, i do, i do, i do, i do
a heart full of love
everything is gonna be alright
i have a dream
i've been waiting for a girl like you
more than words
the boys are back in town
checkmate
la vie en rose
your song
summer love
heartbreak

voulez-vous

1.1K 41 71
By 20snakeandbadger23

Valentina Amato

Two weeks have passed and Lorenzo, Colette, Apollo and I have been spending time together constantly. It's as if someone took the plot of Dazed and Confused and applied it to our lives. Every crazy night that we spend together drinking and smoking felt like it was right out of a movie. What also felt like it came right out of a movie was Lorenzo. Each day that I spent getting to know him more and more, I was left speechless at how one boy that has gone through what he has can be so sweet and loving. I remember the day Lorenzo and I were having a picnic at the beach, just the two of us, and he brought up the subject of my parents.

"So how come your parents aren't around?" Lorenzo asks as he reaches over and pops another grape in his mouth.

"Oh, you know, it's the usual 'my parents only care about their jobs and making money that they think they can use to buy their kids love' situation" I shrug, "It's really Apollo who's been looking out for me since we were kids. He's my only real support system, other than Colette, but you know what I mean," I sigh and reach my hand for a grape. Lorenzo reaches out and holds my extended hand, clasping our fingers together.

"I know exactly what you mean," he says with a sad smile, "believe it or not, it seems Lake Como must be the island where parents who don't give a shit about their kids send them because that's what my deadbeat father did," Lorenzo lets out a frustrated laugh, "my father tries to buy my forgiveness for his absence in my life, but when will he know it's never going to work?"he shakes his head and sits up from his layed position.

"It's up to us to make sure that when we have kids in the future," I scoot next to him and bring my hand to his shoulder, "that we make sure they never feel the way in which we do. I know that when I have kids, they know that their mother loves them so much..." I trail off, thinking about the life I'd give my kids.

"How many kids do you want?" Lorenzo asks me, smiling.

"I want two boys and a girl. What about you?" I ask him, returning the smile.

"I don't care how many, as long as I get to shower them with love and affection," he looks at the sky, almost as if he's imagining it, "Do you have any names?" he asks me.

"Well, if it's a girl, I like Lola" I say, smiling at the image of my future daughter, "and if it's a boy, I like the name Kai."

"Lola is beautiful," Lorenzo looks at me with a beaming smile.

"Heyyy! No, you can't steal it!" I laugh and point my finger at him.

"Pleasee!" he begs and turns to face me fully. I study his face and see how his eyes have widened slightly and his lips form a cute little pout.

"Fine...you can have the name-" I say in defeat, Lorenzo cutting me off with a kiss.

"Works every time," he winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Next time the face won't work!"I exclaim and he just rolls his eyes, reaching over and pulling me to lay down with him.

"Valé!" Colette's voice pulls me from my thoughts.

"What?" I respond, still not able to clear my mind about Lorenzo.

"What are you going to wear for tonight?" she asks me, pulling out outfits from her bag.

"Probably the red dress I bought with you a couple days ago, and some black sandals so it's easy to dance," I say and get up to take the outfit out of my closet.

"So, things have been going pretty well with Lorenzo..." Colette says and leans against the doorway to my walk in closet.

"They actually really are...I'm happy," I feel myself blush, but don't meet her gaze to avoid being teased.

"Sounds like someone is in looove!" Colette teases anyway, and walks closer to me and pokes my sides.

"Stop! Stop!" I laugh, the downside to being ticklish, "Lorenzo and I aren't even official....we're just two people who like spending their days together and having really amazing sex" I shrug, walking away to the other side of my closet to get my sandals.

"That may be the case now, but trust me," she says crossing her arms and turning to look at me, "it always ends in love. I mean, look at me and your brother. We started off just fucking and then-" she begins to explain but I cover my ears.

"Please don't speak about you and my brothers sex life," I fake gag.

"I'm just saying! It's inevitable," Colette smirks at me and then goes back into my room to change.

I can't fall in love, my conscience reminds me. Once summer ends, we'll be two people going back to our own worlds...

----------------------------------------------------

Lorenzo Berkshire

"So let me get this straight," Apollo furrows his brows and looks at me, "these jelly beans can be one of two different flavors?" he asks and looks at the selections of jelly beans.

"Yes," I laugh as I get ready to explain it to him again, "it can be either a good flavor or a bad flavor. For example," I pick up a green one, "this can be either be booger or green apple." Apollo takes the sweet from my hand and brings it to his nose and sniffs it, before popping it into his mouth. Almost immediately, he cringes and his face twists in disgust.

"Blegh, tastes like the first grade," he shudders and swallows the sweet, "you next" he nods his head at me. I smirk and reach in to grab a random one, ending up with a yellow one.

"Okay, so that can be...banana or...earwax?! Who would actually enjoy this?" Apollo asks. Instead of responding I pop the flavored bean into my mouth and smile up at him.

"Someone who never loses," I show him the sweet in my mouth, "I got banana" I laugh at his sour expression and finish the treat.

"Okay, well I'm going to brush my teeth so that Colette doesn't taste boogers," Apollo says, getting up from his seat, "are you going to go get ready whilst the girls are still busy?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I'll head home to change and then come back before we leave!" I tell him and he nods. We fist bump, something Apollo enjoyed doing, and I left to my villa across the street.

I walked inside and ventured into my room and saw I had another two letters waiting for me on my bed. I picked up the first one and I saw it was from Draco.

Enzo,

I can't believe it's been half a month without your annoying arse. When are you coming back? Do you have to stay there the whole summer or can you just bail? Mum misses you...and I guess I do too. I can't stop thinking about that night you know. It keeps me up all night. You would think after three years we would forget about it, right? Wrong. How do you manage to fall asleep? I could really use some help in forgetting, and the normal drinking until you forget us starting to not work anymore. Well, write me back if you want. Not that I care really.

-Draco

I sigh and force my eyes to not water at the memory that haunts us both. Just like Draco, I've found it hard to not think about that night. More times than I can count, I've lost sleep, not wanting that night's events to fill my dreams, tuning them into nightmares. I shake my head and decide to not pay attention to Draco's letter. Instead, I open the second letter which happened to be from Lucille.

Hi Enzo!

How've you been? I hope Italy is treating you well. I was happy to read your response to my first letter! I can't believe you've already managed to meet a girl. From what you wrote to me, she sounds lovely! I like that she's making it hard for you, it's what your ego deserves! All jokes, of course. You know that you mean a lot to me Enzo. You're like a brother to me! Please be safe.

Love,

Lucille

I smile sadly at the words Lucille had written. Get over it Enzo. She's right, I am lucky to have met Valentina. So far, Valentina has been the only person to help me forget about that night. Every moment I spend with her, my mind never wanders to the dark places and horrid moments of my past.

I put the two letters away, deciding to respond later, and go to freshen up in the shower. After getting out of the shower, I go to my closet and pull on a white button up, leaving the top few unbuttoned, and a pair of black pants. I messily style my hair, knowing that's how Valentina has mentioned she likes it, and put on the chain Draco gave me last Christmas. I look to my dresser and see my wand there. It wouldn't hurt to bring it...you never know, I say to myself and put the wand in my pocket, happy that it's deep enough to conceal it.

Confident with how I look, I leave my house and head back to the Amato's to leave with them for our usual Friday night of fun.

————————————

Apollo Amato

"The cantina is so full tonight!" Colette screams over the music being played as we make our way to our usual spot.

"It's a good thing that the owner knows to reserve this table for us," Valentina says as we all take a seat. Valentina and Lorenzo on one side, and Colette and I on the other.

"First round is on me!" Lorenzo exclaims and we all groan, "I called it fair and square!" He laughs and disappears to get our drinks from the bar.

"I like him!" Colette nudges Valentina's side once Lorenzo leaves.

"Well, if you like him so much, maybe you should be with him instead," I cross my arms and playfully pout.

"That's cute babe," she pinches my cheek, "but can we actually appreciate the fact that your sister finally found herself someone that isn't crazy?!" Colette says and claps her hands.

"Ha ha,very funny" Valentina playfully rolls her eyes, "but, I guess I have to agree with Colette on this one. Lorenzo is nice," she blushes and looks to the bar where Lorenzo is waiting patiently for our drinks.

"Fine," I let out a groan, "I like the guy too, I guess" I admit and Colette and Valentina laugh.

"Okay," Lorenzo announces once he arrives at the table with a tray of our drinks, "one whiskey neat for Apollo, one mojito for Colette, a beer for me, and one dirty martini for mi amore" he winks at Valentina as he hands her the drink. Valentina thanks him and takes a sip.

"What? No tip?" Lorenzo pouts and we all laugh. Valentina leans over and kisses him on the cheek, causing Lorenzo to smile.

"Ugh, can you not? I'm not trying to see my sister kiss a guy in front of me," I fake gag.

"But it's okay to make out with Colette in front of me during movie night?!" Valentina scoffs.

"I love this song!" Colette exclaims and breaks the tension, "let's go dance!" she motions all to go to the dance floor and we follow suit.

Song after song, we dance the night away. Lorenzo and Valentina sing the lyrics of every song to each other and Colette dances dramatically with me to every song, causing me to laugh.

Someone bumps into me roughly, and I turn around ready to face whoever dared to push me. Immediately, my eyes are met with a cold pair of hazel eyes.

"Mateo..." I say his name and can feel my fists clenching.

"Well if it isn't the Amatos and their friends," he smirks at us. I see Valentina visibly pause, too scared to move an inch.

"What's wrong Valé? You're not scared of me are you?" He laughs and directs it to my sister. I step in front of her protectively and Mateo scoffs.

"You think you can intimidate me? I've been waiting for the day that I get to fight that asshole who ruined the perfect relationship I had with the bitch he calls his sister," he says and I push him back, feeling myself full with rage.

"Don't ever talk about her like that! What you two had was far from perfect! It was abusive!" I yell over the music that was still blaring around us.

"You ruined everything!" Mateo pushes me harder, full of psychotic rage, causing me to fall on the floor. What the fuck?!

"Okay, that's it!" Lorenzo steps up to Mateo, "you wanna act all tough in front of these people? How about you show me how much of a man you are when it's just us two. You, me outside, now!" Lorenzo shoves Mateos shoulder hard, before the two of them disappeared in the crowd.

"Apollo!" Colette runs to my side, bending down to help me up, "are you okay?" She asks me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," where's Valentina?!" I ask, worried about my sisters whereabouts.

"I-I don't know! You were hurt so I came to check on you. She probably went to the bathroom, I can go check on her!" Colette says, and turns to go to the bathrooms.

I hope that's where she is...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 1.1K 24
[MATURE CONTENT] "Arancini isn't the most fascinating thing on the menu, Coniglia." he commented, taking a long sip from his glass of stark red wine...
373K 6.1K 41
Sex, Alcohol and Drugs. What more can you except from a group of 6th years? Except. What happens when they realise what the real world is really lik...
142K 2.7K 29
WARNING: really superduper cringe 🦦 ↱ FIRST FANFIC, multiple povs ˚⋒ 🍂 ! slowburn ! 🪐 ꒱° female!reader who knew he would fall for his...
907K 20.2K 62
"Don't worry love, you and I are timeless." *Disclaimer* Lorenzo Berkshire is owned by the beautiful and talented Naomi Wilder @-babynaomi ! ASLO REA...