||TWIST OF LIFE || ✅

By 1319nimika

Life isn't what it always seems to be. It's always full of surprises and some unpleasant shocks too. But it i... More

CHARACTER SKETCH
INTRODUCTION
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1 (THE OUTBURST)
Chapter 2 (THE REALIZATION)
Chapter 3 (I HATE YOU DAD)
Chapter 4 (SWEET MOMENTS)
Chapter 5 (THE OLD MAN BREAKS DOWN)
Chapter 6 (WHAT..... A DRAMA!!!)
Chapter 7 (SHRAMAN A DIFFERENT SIDE)
Chapter 8 (SURPRISE)
Chapter 9 (HOMECOMING)
Chapter 10 (TALKS OVER HOT CHOCOLATE)
Chapter 11 (PUSHKAR KNOWS IT ALL)
Chapter 12 (THE PAST)
Chapter 13 ( SMARTER, ARE WE!?)
Chapter 14 (YAMINI IS TRAPPED!!)
Chapter 15 (Oops!!.... IT'S PREETI)
Chapter 16 ( RESCUE)
Happy birthday Nikita Dutta
Chapter 17 (END OF YAMINI)
Chapter 19 (HEARTFELT CONFESSION)
Chapter 20 (MALHOTRA'S SURPRISE 1.0)
Chapter 21 (MALHOTRA'S SURPRISE 2.0)
Chapter 22 (MALHOTRA'S SURPRISE 3.O)
Chapter 23 (TWISTED TALE)
Chapter 24 (MIDNIGHT SHENANIGANS)
Chapter 25 (SPARKLES AND CELEBRATIONS 1.0)
Chapter 26 (TRICKY BALLS OF LIFE)
Chapter 27 (SPARKLES AND CELEBRATIONS 2.0)
Chapter 28 (SOULFUL TALKS)
Chapter 29 (EVIL UNMASKED)
Chapter 30 (I HATE YOU SHRAVAN)
Chapter 31 (MOMENTS OF BLISS)
Chapter 32 (PLAN IN ACTION 1.0)
Chapter 33 (PLAN IN ACTION 2.0)
Chapter 34 (THE UNEXPECTED GUEST)
Chapter 35 (NOT MY MOTHER!!!!... ANYMORE)
Chapter 36 (THE EVIL IN DISGUISE)
Chapter 37 (LET IT GO....)
Author's Note
Chapter 38 (STOLEN MOMENTS OF LOVE)
Chapter- 39 (AMOR EN LA MONTAÑA)
Chapter- 40 (DELIVERANCE)
Author's Note

Chapter 18 (DHANTERAS BRINGS LOVE)

569 40 32
By 1319nimika

Living Room
*************
Ramnath came out of his room with the help of Nirmala. Nirmala made him sit on the couch and was going to the kitchen when Ram held her hand. Nirmala was surprised.

Nir- What happened Ram?

Ram- Sit here na. Where are you going leaving me alone? No one has even woken up till now.

Nirmala smiled. It was after ages that she saw her hubby's childishness. She came towards him and sat beside him.

Nir- Ram, toy know right hat I have to prepare the breakfast for everyone. Agar maine abhi banaya nahi na, to humari Sumo kaam pe lag jaayegi. Aur abhi bhi woh poori Tarah se thik nhi hui hai. Her internal injuries still needs to get cured.

Ram- Hmm you are right. But plea3e dont exert yourself. Okay.

Nirmala- Hmm.... Now you sit here and read the newspaper. I will bring tea for you okay.

Ram smiled and gave a side hug to her. He then kissed her forehead and said, "I missed you". That was all the assurance that she needed after her comeback. She felt home again.

"Hmmmmmmm........"

Lalaji's voice came from behind. They looked behind and both RamNir blushed. It was a very rare sight to see a blushing Ramnath Malhotra. So to cover up, Nirmala ran to the kitchen and He said, "What are you smiling at Lala. Come and sit."

Kamini- Waise Bhai, its a nice surprise to see you both this way in the morning itself. I was thinking, what if all this was witness by our children instead of us. They would have surely got a heart attack.

Ram- Kamini, this is not fair yaar.( whined)

Kamini- Everything is fair in love and war, bhai.

With that she went to the kitchen.

Ram- Arre yeh kitchen me kyun gayi? Abhi to isse rest karna chahiye na.

Lalaji- Seriously Bhaisahab you think she can sit quietly when her jiji is working. And phir itne saalon se she hasn't gone to her favorite place, the kitchen.

Ram- Woh bhi sahi hai. These women I tell you, humesha overwork karti hain. They exert themselves too much. I haven't kept these servants for nothing.

Lalaji- Bhaisahab you know them right. They want their home to be perfect. They dont want any harm to their perfect family. And they strive hard to achieve this. They are the sole reason our homes and our families stay intact.

Ram- (dry chuckle) And I, The Ramnath Malhotra couldn't understand this simple fact and kept hurting the most important woman in my life.

Lalaji- Bhaisahab please forget all that. Let bygones be bygones. You know right, if Bhabhi and Kamini get to know about this, they would surely not like it.

Ram- Hmm... well tell me how is Kamini now?

Lalaji- She is better now. You know what it was after so many years that I spent a good night's sleep. All becoz of her.

Ram- Even I had a nice time after so long, a peace which was missing from so long. I learnt the lesson but in the hard way. But am happy, that now my family is intact and nobody can harm it.

With this they continued their morning talks. Let's what the two Malhotra ladies were doing!!.

Kitchen
*************
Nirmala was running to and fro in there and was preparing the tea. But one thing was constant, and that was the big smile on her face.

Kamini- Arre bhai wah. Aaj to jiji bahot khush lag rhi hain. Baat kya hai.

Nirmala- Aare Kamini, when did you come?

Kamini- When you were busy in your kitchen world.

Nir- Sorry Kami, I didn't notice you...

Kamini- Its okay jiji. Why are you getting so worked up?

Nir- Nhi woh. Ab dekh Itna sara kaam hai. Breakfast banana hai. Aur mujhe samajh hi nhi aa raha ki mai kya banau. Accha, Kamal go and give tea,coffee, green tea and... I guess you know who needs what right? So go and give okay.

Kamal nodded and went away from there.

Kamini- Accha jiji I have an idea. Why don't we make matar ki kachori and dum aaloo. You know na, how much everyone love it.

Nir- Yes. This such am awesome idea. This will be the most memorable breakfast after years in our house. So let's start.

Kamini nodded smiling and went to bring the ingredients when Nirmala suddenly said, " Oyye, tu kahan chali?"

"Jiji, saman lane vaaste jaa rhi thi. Kya hua?",replied a frowning Kamini.

Nir- And whose permission you took for it?

Now Kamini was utterly confused as to why Nirmala was behaving this why all of a sudden.

Nir- You are still not completely well that you are allowed to work. Come and sit here quietly. You can give the instructions of your part to Lakshmi (another servant). And she will do it. Lakshmi come here.

Kamini But jiji. This is toh our thing no. Please jiji let me do it. I swear I wont exert myself. It's been so long that I have cooked or even taken a ladle in my hand. Please jiji. I will get more unwell if you dont let me work. Please.

Nirmala melted seeing her puppy dog face. She said, "Okay I allow you to work. But dont you dare exert yourself okay."

Kami- Yayy... Thankyou so much jiji.

"You are so different Mummyji". Vandy said from the entrance of the kitchen.

Both Kami and Nir looked at her quizzically.

Vandy - Actually you know what Badi Ma, that evil lady, she always used to tell me one thing since day one of my marriage, "Look Vandy, we have a standard in the society and thus you have to maintain it. Do household work only when you want to impress your hubby and get what you want. Anf then you can enjoy your lavish life. And don't behave like those typical bahus."
I was seriously confused, coz my mom had told me to respect my in laws and love them with my whole heart. That's the reason I never went frequently to my house coz here I was leading a much lavish life without having to do any hard work. My mom on learning this used to rebuke me repeatedly and warned me also that these ways of mine might lead to a fallout between me and Varun. But I never paid any heed. But slowly i noticed the changes in Varun and told about it to the evil lady. She told so to Varun. And then he started to behave normally with me. But in reality it was far from normal. Coz he was doing it as if it was just his duty towards me and not love. But I never minded as I was too busy with the kitty parties. But when Shravan arrived in the scene, i saw how he charmed the ladies and how he used every sort of excuses to make Varun spend some quality time with me. I saw love and care in Varun's eyes for me after so many years. This was the reason we haven't had a baby even after 4 years of marriage. As none of us had time and I had very nicely ignored home and my husband. But after Suman came into the picture, that's when I realized where all I lacked. Even though she had her differs with Shravan still she never missed yo take care of him be it as a friend or a forceful wife. You know what, that evil lady always wanted Shravan to leave the house so that all the property goes to her sons and also made me a part of all her plans. I never wanted it as because of Shravan only, Varun at least used to spend some time with me and also Shravan was a too good devar. But I never had brains and followed her. I am so stupid that I lost everything, every important relationship that was actually my treasure...

Kamini- Who said you lost all the relations, we all are here with you. And I know Varun, he was disappointed seeing your behavior. Bit now that you understood you mistake and are ready to rectify it, he would surely come back to you. And now am your Ma. A dont call me Mummyji, call me Ma, okay. Am not your saas,but your momma bear. Okay.

Vandy had tears in her eyes. What she had dreamt of before her marriage, it was finally fulfilled today. Getting a Mom in her in laws. She immediately hugged her. Kamini too smiled.

Nir- Are, sab to mujhe yahan bhool hi gaye. (Making a fake angry face)

Vandy- How can we forget you Badi Ma.

And they pulled her into the group hug.

Vandy- Hy the way what are you both preparing?

Kamini- Actually na, Jiji and me, we both have secret recipe to prepare.

Vandy - (all excited) Really!! Then you should have called Suman too. I tell you both, she is an awesome Chef. Try handmade food once, ungliyan chaat jaayenge aap.

"Bhabhi, are you telling my teachers that, I make good food??", Suman asked from behind.

She came to them and said while looking towards Kami and Nir's smiling faces, "Bhabhi, in dono hi toh mujhe khana banana sikhaya hai."

Vandy- What!! Really, that's great. Please mujhe bhi sikha dijiye.

Nir- Zaroor kyun nhi... But abhi pehle breakfast mai aur Kamini khatam  Karte hain. Aur kyunki aaj Dhanteras hai, so tum dono Milke kuch mitha bana lo..Thik hai.

Sumo- Okay Ma. Come Bhabhi.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry.... I am so late. I didn't want to be but...", Preeti started off as soon as she entered the kitchen.

Kamini cut her off, and said, "its okay beta. No one is gonna kill you even if you didn't come. So relax."

Preeti- Nhi mummyji woh...

Kamini- Uhn...hun.. first call me Ma. Yaar am not your saas. I just to be all of yours momma bear. Okay.

Preeti giggle and then hugged her and said,"okay Ma."

Nir- See Kamini, how cute and lovely our daughters are.

"And me??", asked Aarushi cutely.

Nir- (while caressing her face) If you and Shravan are two halves of my heart, then, Suman is its heartbeat.

Aaru- And papa?

Nir- He is my soul. (Blushed)

"Really??" This time it was Ramnath at the entrance along with Lalaji, Shr, Varun and Pushkar.

Nirmala was shocked seeing him there and seeing this Ram smirked. Now it was clear, from where Shr got his world famous Smirk.

Nir- (after recovering from the shock) What are you all doing over here?? (Trying to cover up her embarrassment)

Ram- Arre yoh what should we do? Tou all are having a gala time here, having a reunion and we are sitting there all hungry.

Kamini- Okay Bhai. Your breakfast is ready. And all of toy get out of the kitchen or else,you wont be getting it.

The terrified bhukkad clan ran away immediately to the table and took their places. The ladies laughed and went ahead taking the scrumptious breakfast.

Dining Table
***************
Lalaji- Are bhai aaj kya bana hai? Badi acchhi khushboo aa rhi hai.

Kamini- Khud hi dekh lijiye. (Giggled)

They all opened the lid of the vessels only to get astounded, coz never in their right mind, they had thought to get back this meal, THIS MALHOTRA SPECIAL MEAL, after so long... they didn't have words. The Malhotra men, just stared at Nirmala and Kamini, the two souls who were expectantly waiting for their reviews over the first meal they prepared for their entire family after so long. It felt as if they were performing the first kitchen ritual (pehli rasoi- it's a ritual where, the new bride makes something in her in laws kitchen for the very first time).
Ramnath laughed inside seeing their nervousness. He indicated through his eyes to all the boys something and smirked inside. They took their food in the plate and started eating but didn't say a word. They continued eating without saying a word which made Kamini and Nirmala restless. They thought that the food wasn't good as it was after so many years that they made it again. They were sad and were about tofrqek out when Sumo and the rest of the girls took the plates from the boys. They were looking at them shocked.

Sumo- Kya ? Aise kya yaad the hain aap sab log? Arre, you didn't like the food na. Otherwise you would have said something or at least smiled. But nahi. You didn't do anything of that sort so it clearly means that you didn't like the food. And dont worry you dont have to eat it against your will.

Saying so Sumo was about to remove everyone's plate, starting from Shravan. But the rest of the boys made a horrified face and immediately said, "NO" .

Lalaji- Aare, who aims that we didn't like it. It was the most amazing breakfast we have had since years. Yeh to Bhaisahab ka idea tha, Kamini aur Parjyaji ko pareshan karne ka. Bhai hume Humara khana bahut pyara hai. Hume to bhai bahot swadisht lagaa. Baki Bhaisahab jaane.

Ram- Arre ye kya baat hui bhala. Ab sara thikra mere pe phodega. Dekh Nimmi mai to bas mazak kar rha tha. Khana bahot yummy hai. Sach.

Nirmala and Kamini smiled at this and Sumo and the girls smirked victoriously.

All the boys (in unison):- Thankyou. And we love you.

Shravan- Yaar Sumo. Ab near plate wapis karo na. Ab khane bhi do. Maine to kuch kiya hi nhi tha. Phir bhi mera hi plate Chhina. (And he made a bad face)

Sumo- Look you dint have to throw tantrums like small girls. Here. Take your plate.

Pushkar- Bhaiya aap dono do minute bina khade ke nhi reh sakte kya?

Shraman- Shutup Bandar/Chhote.

Pushkar made and O face and said, "Bhalai ka yo zamana hi nhi hai."

With such teasing and cute bickering they all finished the breakfast. But this family time reminded Aaru of something that brought tears in her eyes. She quickly prayed dto God in her heart,"Please keep them safe and happy."

Living room
***************
The complete Malhotra clan was sitting in the living rooms as the elders had something to tell them.

Ram- Kids listen to me. Actually as you all know today is Dhanteras, so we all have to buy some kind of metal things. So I and Nirmala decided to call the jeweller. He would be coming anytime soon. So you all buy whatever you want. And as this is after a long time that we all are together. So its mandatory for you to buy something.

He said the last line looking at Suman, Aaru, Nirmala and Kamini. As he very well knew that they will hesitate to buy.

Lalaji- In fact it would be better if the husbands only choose for them. What say?

Ram- Absolutely.

There was a knock and the jeweller came.

Ram- Come Mr. Motilal. So have you brought everything what I had said.

Moti- Yes yes Mr. Ramnath.

Lalaji- Okay. Then show us. what are you waiting for? (Excitedly)

Everyone chuckled and then he showed the jewelries. They were all very beautiful.

Kamini- So children, I want all the husbands to select the jewelries for their wife. Kyun jiji, maine thik kaha na?

Nir- Bilkul thik. Chalo sab shuru ho jao.

Sumo eyed towards Shravan and indicated him something through his eyes. He understood it quickly and then  messaged the same to Pushakr and Varun. Their cellphones pinged at the same time. And after reading the message they had a big smile on their face and showed the same to their wives. Even they had a smile. Expect these 3 couples rest were iblov6to the exchange of these talks.

Nir- Arre bhai kiska intezaar kar rhe ho. Jaldi karo select.

Shr- Karte hain na Ma.

And then the three brothers got up and touched one bracelet together. The elders were confused as how could their three daughters wear one bracelet. But then they had a proud smile on their face when they saw them kneeling down beside Aaru and making her wear it.

Varun- Chhoti, till the time you dont get a husband and even after that we are gonna do this for you because this is our RIGHT. Okay.

Aaru had tears in her eyes. She hadn't expected her family to accept her so easily especially her brothers. She thought that they might not like her as she was brought up in an orphanage and as they were rich, they might think that she didn't have a class. But they proved all her notions wrong since the time Shravan had found her. She immediately hugged her brothers and tears of happiness spilled out of her eyes automatically. Moving out from the high, they wiped her tears.

Aaru- Thankyou so much. I will always treasure it. It's the first gift from my brothers.

Shr- We are gonna shower you with any more such gifts.

Pushkar- And dont worry you are gonna stay with us forever, because we will make your husband our 'ghar jamai'. (Ghar jamai- son in law who stays at wife's home)

Everyone laughed at this but their was a different emotion on Aaru's eyes which went unnoticed by everyone except Suman.

Aaru- Accha chalo ab yeh hasi mazak chhodo and go select for your wives. And am really thankful to God for giving me such an amazing family. I love you guys.

All (in unison)- We love you too.

Then Shravan, Pushkar and Varun selected bracelets for their respective wives. Vandy was surprised when she saw Varun picking up the ine she had liked. She never knew that Varin knew her choice so well. She admired him and him in a new light today an promised herself to take a step toward shim and not give him any chance to complain. Rather she would try to make him happy in whichever way she can.

Ram and Lalaji too picked up two bracelets which Mr. Motilaltook out separately.

Nir-  Yeh sab kya hai Ram?

Ram- Actually Nimmi, (while rubbing his nape), woh I and Lala thought to give you both these bracelets as even you both are here celebrating this day with us after so many years. And dont forget first you both are the daughters of this house. So how could we forget you. Hmm...???

Kamini- But Bhaiya....

Ram-  Shh.. no more arguments now. Come on now show your hands.

And they all slid the bracelets in their wife's hands.

              Tell me how are these?

Kamini- Accha okay. Now these are done. Now please show us what you have got for these boys? I hope you remember, we had informed you this.

Moti- Yes, yes Mrs. Malhotra. I have brought them.

All the boys confusedly were looking towards her.

Nir- What??? Aise kya dekh rhe ho tum sab log? What did you think. If you will buy fir us why cant we do the am for you. Even you are celebrating Dhanteras. And yes dont you dare say no. Is that understood (strictly)?

All the men nodded meekly. The girls chuckled at it. Soon Mr. Motilal showed them some brooches. And they all selected it. The wives selected for their husbands and Aaru gave her reviews to everyone.

              Tell me how are these.

Just then Suman went to the kitchen to bring juice, when she met Aaru, who had come to talk to her.

Aaru- Thanks.

Sumo- Thanks kis liye di? Maine to kuch kiya hi nhi.

Aaru- Suman, lawyer hoon mai. (Chuckling) Tumhara Shravan ko aankh dikhana, Shravan ka message karna. Pushkar and VB ka phone ek sath ping karna. Then they smiling together and then the choosing of bracelet. Itna to mai bhi samajh gayi ki yeh tumhari kartoot hai. How did you know that I was hesitating?

Sumo- Di, I know you stayed at the orphanage since so long.  May be since the time you started growing up, you never thought you could have a family. But now you got such a big happy family, who accepted you the way you are coz they love you. Di I know this feeling of being surrounded by family members but still feeling alone. Which you felt slighly6since you came. At least you got your parents back. But mere toh naseeb me hi nahi hai. But am happy for you. Ma and Dad love tooo much. And then your brothers, what to say about them. They got a sister they always wanted. So di, more than anybody else, I might understand your dilemma, isliye I did that coz I didn't want you to feel that may be your family don't think about you and they are busy in their own bubble.

Aaru- Thankyou so much dear. You are so cute.

Sumo- Waise di, I know I should not ask you this as this is your private life. But, is there anyone whom you consider as the "special someone".

Aaru was flabbergasted as she hadn't expected anyone to guess it and not Sumo at least.

Aaru- How .... d...do... you... kn...know?

Sumo- Coz di, same was my expression when people in my family talked about prospective grooms while I had Shravan in my heart. That's why i could understand it. Don't worry di. Whose ever is your choice, they will accept its s you re their priority and they love too much to let you happiness go. And yes never keep any regret in your side. Am saying this because I can feel that you are stepping back somewhere in the relation. But di dont do this. If you love him, dont let him go by not expressing your real feelings. Kyunki sabko baar baar mauka nhi milta. If it's too late, you might regret it throughout your life. Okay.

Aaru- It seems you have seen too much I your life.

Sumo- (smiling a bit) Hmm.... leave it na di. It's not at all interesting to hear. All depressing. Let's concentrate on you.

Aaru- You call me di ,right? So whenever you feel like, share with me. Am all ears. Okay.

They both smiled an hugged each other. And went on to make juice for everyone. But they were unaware to the fact that their conversation was heard by Nirmala. She went back to the hall where the jeweller had already left and rest were talking. That's when Kamini saw her all sad.

Kamini- Kya Hua jiji? Why so sad all of a sudden?

Nir- Both my daughters have suffered too much since their childhood. One never experienced the love of the family and the other even though having a family, was made to feel like a burden and my only son, he was separated from the family when he needed them the most. I failed to be a good mother. (Crying)

Ram- Nit onlybypu Nimmi. Even I was their culprit. What was the use of being such a big lawyer in the country when my own family suffered so much in my negligence.

Shr- Its no one's fault Maa Papa. But the situation was such. But now we should not think about the past. Rather we should focus how to help them overcome those bad memories. So di would never be left alone when we all are together. She shouldn't feel that we are excluding her from the family but also we shouldn't suffocate her and give the space she needs. But before that you need to know something very important. Sumo in not well.

She has developed a psychological disorder.

*****************************

Hi guys. So am back here with a new chapter. I know I upadte so slowly but kya karoon. Sometimes I fall Ill, sometimes I have assignments, and sometimes I dont feel like writing coz I feel that you all are bored and aren't interested in my story.

Coz many font give the reviews what exactly they feel. Rest I write for my pleasure and would never leave this story in mid. But sometimes even i need reviews to know how is it going.

Please tell me how you liked this light hearted chapter. Next one will be emotional also and romantic too....

Till then have a happy read☺☺☺☺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82K 4.4K 51
Highest rankings- #3 in spiritual. #1 in compassion. Faaiz hasnayn is a famous and very wealthy businessman, known...
11.1K 202 18
Mostro Lounge was in need of a new drink maker, and Crowley just had the right person for the job. But Azul and the Leech twins found him odd, as he...
3.1M 116K 38
Ana slowly moved her eyes down to check what she was wearing. At first she couldn't recognize the furry dress covering her chest, but was amazed how...
634K 14.2K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.