Right Infront Of Your Eyes

By Peachsk

Everyone around Kayla has always thought she was the rebellious child. No one dared to open their eyes wide e... More

A/N- Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1- Imagine
Chapter 2- You see vandalism, I see art.
Chapter 3 - Your in my personal bubble
Chapter 4- Shooting Star
Chapter 5- Watch it
Chapter 6- Batteries
Chapter 7- New Girl
Chapter 9- One becomes four
Chapter 10- One sip turns into many
Chapter 11- Drunken mess
Chapter 12- Leverage
Chapter 13- Late night adventure
Chapter 14- Ditch
Chapter 15- You see me
Chapter 16- Two sides
Chapter 17- Carpooling
Chapter 18- Righting The Wrongs
Chapter 19- Coming over?
Chapter 20- Simular Lives
Chapter 21- Bathroom Problems
Chapter 22- Phone Calls
Chapter 23- Information
Chapter 24- Help
Chapter 25- Stuck up
Chapter 26- A Bump In The Road
Chapter 27- Getting it off my chest
Chapter 28- Thats What They All Say...
Chapter 29- Accused
Chapter 30- Worried
Chapter 31- Shopping
Chapter 32- Not forgotten
Chapter 33- Family Day Out
Chapter 34- Arguments
Chapter 35- Listening
Chapter 36- Mapping it out...
Chapter 37- Opening A New Door...
Chapter 38- Pulse
Chapter 39- Angry Beast
Chapter 40- Long and Lost
Chapter 41- Seeing The Lost
Epilogue

Chapter 8- Keep Your Mouth Closed

18.4K 541 181
By Peachsk

Kayla's POV

School today was the same. Boring. Although me and Gabby hung out again. She is actually a pretty sound to hang around with. We had also exchanged numbers today so we could keep in contact. Her idea.

Currently I sat on the floor my back leaning up against the side of my bed as I stared into space. I didn't want to go to the dinner tonight. That meant spending time with my family and that was something I didn't need.

Apparently we were going to a decent restaurant so we had to look a bit nice. To say my wardrobe only contained tracksuits, jeans, and leggings is an understatement...

Wait what am I on about? It's all I own. I don't own really any skirts or dresses.

I grab my phone turning on my playlist as I shove my earphones in. It was currently half five we were leaving at quater past six and I'm no where near ready. Aperatetly the table was booked for half six.

Before I had put in my earphones you could hear the hussle and bussel of people getting ready. People walking in and out of the bathroom. Walking up and down the stairs.

A loud knock took me out of my trance. I thought I was just hearing things when I took out one earphone to listen closer. But then another knock came.

"Come in!"

The door opens revealing a half ready Louise. Her blonde hair was all curled and she wore a pink flower flowy dress.

"Hey honey, you should probably be getting ready." She saids.

"I know." I blantly roll my eyes.

"Oh well, I was just letting you know that you should wear a dress or a skirt since everyone is dressing nice okay?" She said.

"Okay." I nod my head even though I barely own that type of stuff.

She gives me a small smile before leaving. Not before closing the door like a normal person.

I let out a groan thinking of something to wear. Not bothered to walk over I crawl over to my wardrobe. Like the weirdo I am.

I pull out a purple long sleeved slogan top with a purple shirt. I think Tara had a skirt that could go with this?

I make my way over to Tara's press pulling out a denim skirt among the millions she already has. It would probably be a little bit bigger on the waist but I can use a belt.

I can match it with my boots. I put on the outfit and everything seems to be coming together. Trust the process is all I can say. My hair had been in a plait most of the day so when I take it out it will be wavey.

I look at myself in the mirror running my fingers through my hair to flatten down the frizz. The final touches are a star necklace and some lip balm.

I fall back on my bed scrolling through tick tock I still had ten minutes before we would have to leave. I plug back in my earphones blocking the outside world.

"KAYLA!"

"KAYLA! WE'RE LEAVING!"

I sigh getting up off my bed making my way downstairs. Time to put on a smile and act perfect.

As I get down to the last step everyone is in the sitting room. Dad is tying Bobby's shoe laces, Louise is fixing her makeup in the mirror and the boys are sitting on the couch scrolling through their phones.

There is a strong smell of colonge coming from all the boys. While you can get a small scent of something fruity.

All they boys are dressed in jeans and t-shirts. While Dad wears a shirt and so does Bobby.

No one notices that I have came down the stairs. Dad lifts up his head and taps Bobby's foot signalling that he is finished. Just as he is about to open his mouth probably to call me. He instantly closes once he spots me at the end of the stairs.

He stands up straightening out his jeans. "Right lets get a move on." He saids rubbing his hands together. Dad makes his way over to where all the coats are picking up his and his keys.

Louise turns away from the mirror smiling at Bobby. She grabs his jacket and her own. The boys stand up, Harvey starts walking towards the door. His eyes are still glued to his phone as he walks.

Gavin stands up stretching out his arms letting out an unnecessary big yawn.

"Do you have to be so loud?" I question as I get off the bottom step. His head snaps to my direction and so does Ethans. Both of their eyes look my up and down.

Gavin shrugs his shoulders. I walk a small bit closer to them.

"Don't you think that skirt is a bit short?" Ethan butts in.

"No I think it's a perfect length." I give him a sly smile.

As I go to walk by them someone grabs my wrist. I turn around to see that Ethan has a hold of my wrist.

"What do you want?" I try tug my wrist from his grip but he doesn't let go.

"Yeah I agree with Ethan don't you think it's a bit short?" Gavin saids.

I squint my eyes looking at my brothers. Wait am I even sure these are my brothers? "Why do you care?" This feels weird.

"I-I mean it's cold out." Gavin rubs the back of his neck.

"That's why I'll be wearing a coat." I give them a small smile as I tug my arm hard out of Ethans grip.

"Are you three ready because we going to be late." Dad stood at the door. We hadn't noticed that everyone else was out in the car.

"Yeah we're coming now." I walk over to the coats and grab mine. Ethan and Gavin are still stuck in their place. "Right guys?" I ask.

They both snap out of their trance not saying anything and walking out of the house.

I follow behind them as Dad locks up the house. They both stop at the car door. Louise sat in the passenger seat as Bobby sat behind her. While Harvey sat in the back. So it was etheir be squished between the two of my brothers or be stuck beside Harvey.

Before I could even say I wanted to sit in the back Ethan climb in beside Harvey. That meant I was most likely stuck in the middle between Gavin and Bobby since Gavin definitely wouldn't sit in the middle.

"Are you going to just stand there all day?" Gavin saids as he expects me to get in.

"Why can't you sit in the middle?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest trying to protect myself from the cold weather.

"We both know why. Now will you get in and stop being so difficult?" Gavin sighs when I don't make any move to sit in the middle.

Dad comes over and opens the drivers seat door. "Kayla can you just get in we're going to be late." Dad saids as he closes the door and puts his keys in the ignition.

"Yeah. Yeah. We know we're going to be late." I roll my eyes. Gavin slightly shoves me forward towards the car. I climb in. Gavin gets in beside me closing the door.

Once were in Dad starts backing out of the driveway. I grab my seat belt to put it in but Gavins in the way.

"Can you move your fat ass?" I ask as he looks up at his phone at me. While I show him my seatbelt.

"Kayla language." Dad scolds from the front earning some snickers from the back. What are they five?

Gavin rolls his eyes and moves over so I can put on my seatbelt. I do the same for him.

****

There has been nothing but silence since we left the house. There has been small talk and the soft music playing on the radio.

Dad pulls up to a car park and stopping in a spot. He then glances back at us through the rear-view mirror.

"I want you all to listen." He starts.

Everyone puts down their phones.

"I want you all to be on your best behaviour especially you Kayla. No messing or cursing from any of you." Dad saids as he looks back at us. I feel like most of it is directed at me.

Louise gets out first helping Bobby out. I follow behind Gavin, Ethan and Harvey also get out of the back.

Dad and Louise hook arms as Louise also holds onto Bobby's hand as we walk towards the building. I follow behind them all.

The building we walk towards is fancy. Most of it is glass windows, fairy lights drape from window to window and the plants that surround the building.

When we walked inside you were instantly met with warmth. The noise of people chatting, people scraping plates and the soft music that is used to fill up the background.

I instantly feel uncomfortable. Like I know how much I don't fit in here. This place seems too expensive for my taste and overrated.

I don't pay any attention to what Dad saids to the waiter as we start walking to our table.

We sit down at the table fit for nine. Dad and Louise take a place beside eachother. Bobby sits beside Louise, then Ethan and Harvey. I sit across from Harvey as Gavin sits beside me two seats beside him are free which are across Dad and Louise.

I take the menu and start looking through.

'Steak and mashed potatoes' Too fancy.

'Ribs and Chips' Too messy.

'Caesar salad' Too healthy.

The kids menu it is. I look through it. I think I'm just gonna stick to safe option chips and chicken nuggets.

"Hey Lance, how are you doing?" I peek over the menu to see a man and women. The man is doing that bro hug with my Dad. While Louise and the woman are saying all of their hellos.

"These are the kids." Louise points to us all.

The women smiles to us all giving us a wave. Gavin elbows me and I give him a look. He looks at the menu and back to me. He wants to drop the menu.

So I do so the guest can get a better look at me. They both walk over around the table taking the two free seats.

"Guys this is Tony and Michelle. I've known them both since high school." Dad saids. Everyone gives them a small hello.

A waiter come up. "What would you like to drink?"

Everyone starts to order.

I pull out my phone and start playing subway surfers since no one is talking to me.

"Kayla get off your phone." Gavin saids from beside me.

"I'm okay." I continue playing on it.

"Kayla." He warns. When I don't give it to him he grabs my phone out of my hand and shoves it into his back pocket.

As I am about to lean over Gavin and get my phone back. I am stopped dead in my tracks when Louise asks me something.

"Sorry what did you say?" I say sitting back into my seat. Even though in the corner of my eye I can see Gavin smiling.

"I was just asking what are you ordering?" She saids.

"Oh I'm just getting chicken nuggets and chips off the kids menu." I say.

"Aren't you a little old to be eating off the kids menu?" Ethan questions as he let's out a small laugh.

"Not my fault there is nothing nice on the menu." I sit back in my chair.

"You two stop bickering." Dad butts in.

"Don't worry Kayla if I was you I would be ordering off the kids menu but I just want to look all muture infront of these." Tony winks and I let out a small laugh.

"See at least someone here agrees with me." Dad just rolls his eyes.

"You know last time I seen you all was  your Dads wedding." Michelle adds to the conversation.

"It was a great night." Tony adds.

"More like a nightmare." I mumble.

****
We had ordered our food and waited for it to come. It came in fifteen minutes. There was only small talk mostly between the two couples as we ate.

I look up to see Bobby eating with his mouth wide open.

"Can you close your mouth?" I say disgust taking over my features.

"Kayla don't be mean. He is only a kid." Harvey saids.

"I'm not being mean I'm just telling him to close his mouth. Its disgusting. I'm trying to eat." I roll my eyes.

"Well none of us want to hear you open yours either so why don't you close yours?" Harvey saids. It's like he is starting to get aggravated.

"Why are you getting all defensive? I just told him to eat with his mouth closed." I leaned forward more closer to the table.

"Well you keep yours closed aswell." Harvey shoved some of his burger into his mouth.

I rolled my eyes and just as I was about to say something else. Gavin pulled me back by my collar. While Dad shot us both a glare since we caught their attention.

I crossed my arms over my chest shoving my chips into my mouth. I watched as Ethan tried to hold in a laugh from the whole ordeal.

Tony cleared his throat breaking the tension. "So isn't their another one of you guys?" He questioned pointing at us.

"Yeah she is in France right now. She does a lot of travelling." Gavin saids.

"Oh how nice. I would love to vist Paris." Michelle saids adding a little wink.

"Is that a hint?" Louise laughs. While Michelle just takes a sip of her wine.

"So boys any girls?" Tony asks.

They all look at eachother and laugh. "No."

"God you all sound like Lance in his early years." Tony laughs.

"Kayla you got any boys?" Michelle winks at me. Suddenly everyones attention is on me. All the boys look tense awaiting my answer.

I laugh. "No." As if anyone would be interested in me.

Relief washes over all the boys as they seem to physically relax. "Who would be intrested in her." Ethan said. Making everyone snicker. I try kick him under the table but hit Harvey instead.

"Ow!" Harvey glares at me.

I shrug my shoulders actting innocent as I take a bite out of a chicken nugget.

Gavin reaches for a glass of water close to me. I look at him weird until it's too late to stop him.

He "accidentally" hits it making it spill all over my lap. My eyes widen as the cold water falls onto my lap.

Louise stands up to help me. Bringing over tissue.

"I'm so clumsy. I'm so sorry Kayla." Gavin saids but I can see that ghostly smirk on his lips. He reaches over and starts to grab napkins cleaning the water off the table.

Louise gives me napkins for my lap so I can try dry up most of the water. I can see my brothers wanting to laugh but they are looking worried for show.

It literally looks like I pissed myself. I stand up. "Its okay I'll just go the bathroom." I give them a small smile. As I walk away I look over my shoulder giving my brothers a glare.

I walk into the bathroom seeing the big wet patch on my skirt. I head to one of the stalls to get some tissue to try remove as much water as I can.

Then I head to the hand dryers standing underneath it. I look like a weirdo trying to dry my skirt. When another girl walks in she looks at me weirdly. But continues to fix up her makeup.

After five minutes of standing under the dryer. The wet patch has seemed to have dried. I take a deep breath and put the smile back on my face as I walk out.

Everyone seems to be chatting along like nothing would happen. Even though if I spilled water on one of them I would be lectured and grounded. But all they get is a slap on the wrist not even.

"Did you get yourself sorted?" Dad asks as he notice me taking my seat.

"Yeah."

****

We stayed another half an hour until we went home. On the way back to the car when I was walking behind everyone I remember Gavin had my phone in his back pocket. Which I successfully got back.

I was stuffed between Gavin and Bobby again. Bobby had fallen asleep on the way home his head lying on my shoulder as drool came out of his mouth. Disgusting.

When we got home I made my way straight to my room. Nothing more that I wanted was to be in my pyjamas and away from my brothers.

It was around nine so I just watched some Netflix on my phone until I welcomed to the darkness.

There we go Chapter 8...

I hope you enjoyed. So the dinner was intresting there was a small amount of bickering. What did you think of the dinner??

What do you think will happen next??

Any opinions??

Any suggestions??
Any theories??
Any questions??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 5.9K 24
Maddie's life started off rocky, not only was she born into the most dangerous mafia in the world, but at the age of 5 she witnessed the murder of he...
504K 9.4K 51
On April 1st a babygirl was born but she was switched with another babygirl. Her parents and brothers didn't notice the change and yet there was anot...
316K 9.5K 55
"Sister?! You can't be serious right?!" "That Bitch just punched me!" "How about killing her guys?" "If you touch her, you're dead." "Hurt them and I...
26.4K 493 6
Taylor doesn't know anything about football other than her favorite team is the Eagles. When she's pursued by a player while recovering from a bad si...