The Straw Hat's Red Devil - S...

DeadGirlEternal által

She's the Daughter of Red-Haired Shanks; she was dropped off to live with Luffy. She met Ace & Sabo, but when... Több

Dakota Le Roux
THE VOW
WHO IS SHE?
OUR RED-HAIRED ASSASSIN
BONDING, TROUBLE & THE BARATIE
TROUBLE AT THE BARATIE
FOUGHT WITH STYLE
WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, NAMI!
TURMOIL & TRUTH
THE BEGINNING OF THE SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES
SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES - PART ONE
SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES - PART TWO
GOODBYE PARTY, HELLO OCEAN
LOGUETOWN: CAUSING TROUBLE PART 1
LOGUETOWN: CAUSING TROUBLE PART 2
THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 1
THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 2
THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 3
THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 4
THE TWIN CAPES LIGHTHOUSE - OLD FRIENDS AND NEW ADVENTURES
I've been Tagged!!!
BOUNTY HUNTERS' NEST OF SECRETS AND REVEALS
BIG JUNGLE STUCK IN THE JURASSIC PERIOD PART 1
BIG JUNGLE STUCK IN THE JURASSIC PERIOD PART 2
I HATE BEING USELESS! I HATE BEING INJURED! I HATE BEING COLD! - PART 2
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 1: SIBLING REUNION
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 2: TRAVELLING TO YUBA
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 3: WE'RE COMING FOR YOU CROCODILE!
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 4: STOP OPERATION UTOPIA
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 5: THE JOURNEY CONTINUES
MINI STRAW HAT ADVENTURES
IT DOES EXIST! HEAD FOR THE SKY! PART 1
Author Note Update
IT DOES EXIST! HEAD FOR THE SKY! PART 2
WE MADE IT TO THE SKY ISLAND!
THE STRAW HATS START TROUBLE ON THE SKY ISLAND
THE STRAW HATS SEPARATED BUT NOT ALONE

I HATE BEING USELESS! I HATE BEING INJURED! I HATE BEING COLD - PT 1

665 14 1
DeadGirlEternal által

I HATE BEING USELESS! I HATE BEING INJURED! I HATE BEING COLD! PART 1

Alabasta Saga - Drum Island Arc - Episode 76 - 83

DAKOTA'S POV:

"What are you talking about! We've already been eaten!" Nami screams at him, and I plug my ears at their loudness.

"Straight ahead! Straight ahead!" Luffy joins in with Usopp when a great force pierces through the flesh of the goldfish behind us and sails over our heads, drilling a hole in front of us, allowing us to fly free.

"Hakoku Sovereignty!" The giants shout together, and it's the last thing we hear as we sail away from the island.

"We're flying out of it!" Luffy cheers as we sail in the air; I grin as we fall back towards the water. "Don't look back! We're going straight ahead!" He beams, and I get to my feet slowly, carefully holding my side. "Huge! It's so huge!"

"They cut... the very sea itself... This is the strength of Elbaf warriors! Incredible!" Usopp cries with tears streaming down his face as we crash land into the water.

"Friends! Now go!" I hear the giants shout after us as we sail further away, catching the wind and heading to Alabasta.

"Guys! Someday, I will go to Elbaf! To the village of warriors!" Usopp yells suddenly, proclaiming, right now, he wouldn't last 3 seconds there.

"Yeah! Okay!" Luffy cheers, and I shake my head at the two as they begin cheering with each other on the deck.

"Gi-gi-giants! Gi-giants! Elbaf-baf! Elbaf-baf! Everyone's huge! 'Cause, they're giants! They're huge! They're huge! They're huge!" They continue cheering on the ship's side with Karoo running back and forth behind them, and I walk past them, pushing them over the side; they cling to the side. "Hey, Sis/Killer! Why'd you do that for?!" They yell after me, but I ignore them as I head up the stairs passing Sanji with a tray full of treats, and I follow behind him, feeling hungry.

"Felt like it!" I tell them over my shoulder.

"There's no need to push yourself so hard, Vivi-chan. You have me!" Sanji assures her and leans down with the tray of treats towards her and Nami. "Today's relaxing sweets. How about sme petit fours? For drinks, you have your choice of coffee or tea."

"Sanji..." Vivi mutters as she looks at our cook, and the boys and Karoo look at the treats with drool.

"Yours is in the kitchen!" Sanji snaps at them, and they race up the stairs heading for the kitchen door like morons; I take a sweet and place it into my mouth, eating it whole, feeling my stomach rumble a little.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

ZORO'S POV:

I continue my exercises after fixing up my ankles as Dakota said she won't heal me from now on after trying to cut my feet off to fight, I push the thought away of how I couldn't protect anyone because I was weak, I couldn't protect Dakota from being injured because I was helpless. I need to grow stronger to protect everyone on this ship from anything.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

3RD POV:

A bell rings in the sandy Kingdom of Alabasta as the men ready a ship with a swan figurehead waiting for their leader and guest. "Mr 2! Bon Clay! The Swanda is ready to set sail!" One of the men shouts as Mr 2 steps over in front of his crew with a woman beside him.

"Okay, okay! You're so loud, sheesh!" Mr 2 complains as he stands in his ballerina shoes and pink coat with feathers around the neck and wrists. "Honestly. Now! Why do I have to do this?! Mr 3 is nothing but bulky garbage! You guys go toss him out!"

"W-we can't! We wouldn't stand a chance even if we ganged up on him!" "P-please! It is the boss' orders!" They panic.

"Un, Deux, Trois... what's 'four' called?" He sighs through his pained lips. "Mr 9 is also high-maintenance..."

"Mr 3, get on the ship now." Miss Hallows Eve orders him from behind and pushes past him, bumping shoulders; he huffs angrily at her as she glides through the men towards the ship in her purple dress and raven hair swishing behind her.

"Why you, witch!" He grumbles as he stomps to the ship behind her.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

DAKOTA'S POV:

I finish the last of the sweets as I sit next to Nami, leaning against the mast as Vivi keeps an eye on the Eternal Pose; it seems Nami is a little drowsy. "Vivi... sorry. I think I'm gonna... go lie down..." Nami struggles to say, and I look at her flushed face as she holds a hand to her forehead, and I grow worried for the girl.

"No problem, Nami! I'll keep an eye on our course. You should get some rest." Vivi assures her, and Nami tries getting up but falls; I catch her, irritating my ribs as I groan, holding onto her around the waist as she struggles to steady her breathing with a flushed look on her face; Vivi comes over and places her hand on her forehead in worry.

"Are you all right?" She asks us, but Nami seems to have fainted, and I nod. "Everyone, come here! This is bad!" She yells, gaining everyone's attention as Usopp and Luffy come out the door with Sanji and Karoo.

"Huh? What is it, Vivi?" Luffy asks from the kitchen.

"Nami has a terrible fever!" Vivi announces.

"Eh?! Nami does?!" Sanji screams, and they run down to look at Nami as she struggles to breathe.

"Sanji, take Nami into our room, Usopp, get some cold water along with a towel, we'll need to keep her cool and comfortable," I order them. Sanji takes Nami in his arms and races into our room with Vivi behind him, along with Karoo; Luffy helps me up to my feet as Usopp rushes to grab the things I asked for, and I walk inside.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

Sanji places Nami on the bed, and Vivi puts the blanket over her, and I take it off, not wanting her to overheat. "She needs to stay cool, Usopp; place the towel in the cold water, and pass it here and then get a jug of water for her," I order him, and he does as instructed, and I place the cold towel over her forehead as Vivi takes her temperature.

"Nami gonna die? Is she, Vivi. Dakota?" Sanji asks as he sobs, and I check her cheeks, feeling the heat.

"It's most likely the climate. One of the obstacles all sailors who enter the Grand Line run into is an illness caused by abnormal weather. There are countless stories of tough, notorious pirates sudden;y dying from this. Carelessness makes even the slightest case deadly." Vivi explains that although I've heard the stories, it doesn't fit the symptoms.

"Nami-san!" Sanji breaks down in sobs.

"Is there anyone on this ship with any medical knowledge at all?" She asks, and they point at Nami and me.

"But eating meat makes sickness go away! Right, Sanji?" Luffy asks our crying cook as I pull Nami's hair into a small ponytail to keep it off her face.

"I can make some basic food meant for sick people, but that's entirely in 'nursing' territory. There's no guarantee it'd make her better... besides, I normally put 100 times more care into Nami-san, Dakota-chan and Vivi-chan's meals than I do with yours... I serve them fresh meat and vegetables, for balanced nutrition. And I give all the rotting stuff to you guys." Sanji explains, and I shake my head at him.

"Hey, now!" Usopp exclaims as he smacks at the cook.

"It's still good, though!" Luffy laughs.

"You've eaten a rock when we told you it was real food," I mutter, remembering when Ace told him to, and I let him.

"In any case, as long as I'm this ship's cook, there'll be no problems whatsoever in terms of getting a balanced diet. But there are different kinds of meals for sick people. What are her symptoms? What does she need? I can't make that call..." Sanji explains.

"Then she can just eat it all!" Luffy tells him.

"She's sick because she doesn't have the energy for that!" Sanji snaps at him, and Vivi checks the thermometer.

"104! Her fever's gone up again!" Vivi exclaims, and I look over to see it, too and gape at the number.

"There'll be doctors when we get to Alabasta, right?! How much longer will it take, Vivi?" Usopp asks her.

"It'll take at least a week to get there, and she won't make it if her fever gets worse," I tell them, and they grow worried.

"Nami's gonna die?!"

"Don't die, Nami-san!" Luffy and Sanji cry out, and Usopp runs around with Karoo, screaming.

"Stop that! Be quiet!" Vivi snaps at them.

"Let's find a doctor to help Nami!" Luffy screams.

"Okay! Calm down!" Vivi tries to settle them down, but it doesn't really work. "You're going to make her illness even worse!"

"No." I hear Nami whisper, and I turn to look at her as everyone stops. "No." She sits up.

"Nami?" I question as I look at her flushed face, still seeing her struggling for breath.

"Oh! She's all better!" Luffy cheers, and Usopp smacks him on the back of the head.

"Get real!" He yells at the rubber moron.

"In my desk drawer... there's a newspaper..." Nami tells her slowly, having to stop to catch her breath.

"Oi! Just because you're sick doesn't mean you tell her about that!" I hiss at the Navigator as Vivi gets out of the newspaper finding the page we were hoping she'd never know about.

"No! That can't be!" Vivi gasps as she reads.

"Hey. what is it?" Luffy asks her.

"Is it about Alalbasta, Vivi?" Sanji asks her.

"300,000 Royal Soldiers defected to the Resistance..." She summarises what it says in horror. "It was originally a cold war, with 600,000 Royal Soldiers and 400,000 Resistance Soldiers... but now that's suddenly changed!"

"The uprising in Alabasta is finally going to get serious now... that paper's from three days ago... I'm sorry. We can't change our speed, so I didn't want to worry you by showing you that... Dakota and I agreed on it..." Nami says, dropping me in it with her. "Understand, Luffy?"

"Things seem very bad!" He answers, seeming to get it.

"Whew, that got through to you more than I expected..." She comments.

"But you need to see a Doctor!" Usopp argues.

"I'm fine... that thermometer must be broken... nobody gets a temperature of 104... it's probably just sunstroke or something..." She argues and gets up out of bed. "We don't need a Doctor. I'll get better on my own... for now, let's head straight for Alabasta as planned!" She walks past us and looks over her shoulder. "Thanks for worrying about me." She walks up the stairs and heads back outside with Zoro, no doubt.

"Oh! She's better now?" Luffy questions, and I shake my head at his naive attitude.

"You idiot. She's just acting tough." Usopp tells him.

"At this rate, so much blood will be shed throughout the Kingdom. It'll be an all-out war... if I don't stop that, the Alabasta Kingdom will be done for! Crocodile will take over! I can't just return safely! I need to return as quickly as possible! If I don't make it in time, a million citizens will kill themselves pointlessly!" Vivi cries. I understand she's feeling the strain with all that on her shoulders, but she needs to lessen the burden a little more.

"There's a million people?!" Luffy exclaims in awe.

What an immense burden you're carrying, Vivi..." Sanji whispers, and I place my hand on her head as she cries into the newspaper.

"We did promise to get you to Alabasta, and we will," I tell her, trying to assure her, but it's not really in my wheelhouse.

"Hey! Get out here, you guys! Got work to do!" I hear Zoro yell at us from outside, and I walk out with the boys.

"What?" Usopp asks as we look up at the swordsman.

"Huh? Hard to feel motivated when you're giving the orders." Sanji comments.

"Just shut up and move!" Zoro snaps at the cook. "Take the seat and catch the portside wind!"

"What's going on, Nami?" He asks the sick Navigator. "The waves are quiet, and the weather's nice..."

"Wind..." She answers him, and I walk over up the stairs.

"Wind?" He questions.

"An immense wind... is coming directly this way... I think-" She says, and Luffy rushes past me to stand behind her and presses his hand to her forehead. "What?"

"Hot! You're hot! Yesh, you stay inside the ship! Let's go get to a Doctor!" Luffy exclaims as he cradles his hand.

"Mind your own business! This is my normal temperature! Now quit being stupid and pull the ropes!" She yells at him.

"Nami. I know you're saying that for Vivi, but if you push too hard..." Sanji tries reasoning with the stubborn woman.

"I told you I'm fine!" She snaps and stumbles, needing to support herself on the railing, and I stand by her, ensuring she doesn't collapse again.

"Hey, Nami. I think you really should-" Usopp tries to say, but Nami bites his head off.

"Just hurry and move the ship!" Nami yells at the boys, and they rush to their posts, but I stay with Nami. "Sheesh... what could it be? It seems a little different than a storm..." She mutters to herself, and the ship moves to the left-right on target for Alabasta and a little closer to a Doctor unknowingly by our dear Navigator. The door next to us opens, and Vivi steps out, looking like she's made her mind up.

"I have a favour to ask, everyone! I know it's not my place to ask this as a passenger on your ship, but my Homeland is in a terrible state now, so I'd like to hurry ahead! We can't waste even a single minute! So I want this ship to head for Alabasta at its fastest speed!" She requests, and I look at her with narrow eyes along with the boys, but I know she's got good intentions.

"Of course! That's what we promised!" Nami assures her, and there's a tense moment till Vivi sighs and smiles.

"So let's find an island with a Doctor on it right away! Let's cure Nami as quickly as possible and then go to Alabasta! That's this ship's fastest speed, right?!" She announces and looks at our Captain, who smiles back at her.

"Yeah! We can't go any faster than that!" He agrees, and I smile, glad she's thinking of everyone.

"Are you sure? As their Princess, you should be worried about those million citizens." Usopp asks her.

"That's right! So we need to hurry and cure Nami's illness!" She points out.

"Well said, Vivi! I've fallen for you all over again!" Sanji says.

"You got guts," Zoro adds.

"Thanks..." Nami whispers as I take her over to Vivi.

"Don't you overexert yourself, Nami!" Vivi scolds her.

"Sorry, Vivi... I think... I am kind of... in trouble..." Nami says and collapses into Vivi; I help her take the dead weight.

"Nami! Hang in there!" Vivi says, and I see her shirt ride up a little to see a bite on her stomach, which is a strange colour.

"What is that?!" Luffy screams, and I see a massive tunnel of wind and water in front of us, spinning dangerously.

"It's a cyclone!" I cry out, having only encountered a few in my travels on the Grand Line.

"It's huge!" Luffy cries out.

"W-wait! That's the direction-" Vivi cries out.

"That's the direction our ship was just headed in!" Sanji yells over the strong wind.

"It would've been a direct hit had we kept going straight!" Usopp shouts in horror, and there's a rumble of thunder, I flinch a little as I hold onto Nami with Vivi and bolts of lightning strike, and one hits the water.

"Yikes! We just barely made it through!" Luffy yells over the thunder.

"I've never seen such a Navigator before!" Vivi marvels at the teen in our arms.

"Alright! Let's hurry, then! Let's go find us a Doctor!" Luffy yells, and we all raise our arms in the air with a cheer of agreement.

"Move in the same direction; there's an island I know that has two Doctors on there," I tell them, and we head past the cyclone heading for the island.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

It's been a day, and Nami stays in bed resting, but her fever is getting worse; I stay with her along with Vivi, and Sanji comes in with some broth to help her keep her strength till we make it to Drum Kingdom. "What do we do, Vivi, Dakota! Nami's fever won't go down!" Sanji cries out as he runs around with Karoo, making a noise when Nami rests.

"Sanji! Karoo! I asked you to stop freaking out!" Vivi snaps at them, and they stop as I put the fresh compress on her forehead, but her fever is getting dangerous, and my own wounds are getting worse; we need to reach Drum Kingdom soon.

"Akuma-Akuma no Human-Demon Form: Ice Demon Hands," I mutter, and my hands turn blue even more than before as I place one over Nami's forehead and the other over her stomach to help cool her down. The ship suddenly rocks; Sanji grabs the bed holding it above to keep it steady as the ship rocks violently.

"Why are we shaking?!" Vivi demands as I hold onto the wall to steady myself.

"Hold the rudder! If anything happens to Nami, I'll gut you all!" Sanji curses at the boys above, and the ship steadies itself slowly, so Sanji puts Nami's bed back down, and I check on the strawberry blond when I hear the sound of familiar laughing, but I can't place where. "Vivi, Dakota! You're in charge here!" Sanji yells and races up the stairs to the others outside.

"Okay!" "Right!" We shout back, and everything goes quiet up on deck, but Vivi tries feeding Nami the broth again, and I keep her cool so her fever won't rise even higher. It seems to be getting noisy again as gunfire starts above, and I grumble under my breath as it continues, hoping it doesn't wake Nami up.

"Gunfire?! Dakota! Watch Nami! I'll be right back!" Vivi yells and puts on her shoes quickly before running up the stairs, leaving me with the oversized duck and a sick Nami.

"Hey! I can fight!" I snap but stop as Nami stirs, and soon everything goes quiet up on deck, and Vivi comes back telling me about the boys fighting some soldiers and a guy called Wapol. "I thought he sounded familiar," I mutter, getting a strange look from the Princess and waving it off.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

I leave Vivi in charge as I go to eat and return to see Luffy, one of the picture frames with my painting on his forehead; I take it out and shake my head. "I'll steer the ship; I know the way to Drum Kingdom," I tell them, and they both look at me in shock. "What?" I ask them.

"That Wapol moron said he was looking for that island!" Sanji exclaims, and I nod, knowing who he is.

"So?" I question. "He's a bad guy, really bad, I ended up in Drum a long time ago, I needed fixing up, and there's only two Doctors who I trust to look after Nami," I tell them, and they nod. "Come on, it's almost nightfall, Sanji, don't forget your on watch tonight," I tell him and put my hat on, covering my red hair, making it barely visible as I walk back up the stairs.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

Night came and went, and we're almost there, another hour at best. We'll be able to get Nami treated, I stay down in the mine and Nami's room as Luffy looks after her as I nap, though I can hear him mumbling something to her, then Zoro's sexy voice, and I lull to sleep listening, catching up after last night.

I jolt awake when I hear Sanji shout. "We found an island!" I look over to see Luffy sitting in the chair chanting 'island' to Nami, trying to wake her up, but she's too exhausted, and I close my eyes again as Luffy runs up the stairs to look, and I go back to sleep.

I feel us come to a stop, and I open my eyes slowly, trying to wake up; Zoro sits in the chair now, looking after Nami, and I get out of my bed, put on my boots over my fluffy socks and go up the stairs heading up on deck. "Zoro are you coming?" I ask him, and he nods, following me up the stairs.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

I walk out to see we are by the waterfall of melted snow, ah memories, bleeding to death, where a certain blue-nosed reindeer found me and brought me back to health. I walk to the ship's bow to examine the landscape with Vivi and Zoro. "It's a waterfall of melted snow. We may be able to stop around here." Vivi suggests, and Zoro looks over his shoulder to the others.

"So, who's going Doctor-hunting?" He asks them, considering Nami and I need a Doctor the most. "No, I guess people-hunting comes first..."

"I'm going!" Luffy volunteers first,

"Me too!" Sanji volunteers second.

"Okay! Have fun!" Usopp exclaims, glad he doesn't have to go, no doubt, big chicken.

"That's far enough, pirates!" I hear another familiar voice and see dozens of men on either side of the ship, all pointing weapons down at us. "Hey. I found people." Luffy says.

"But... they don't seem too friendly..." Usopp mumbles and he's not wrong.

"Attention, pirates! Leave this place at once! This instant!" The familiar voice demands, and I look over to see a man in green, and I know exactly who he is.

"We came to find a Doctor!" Luffy argues.

We have someone who's sick and another that's injured!" Vivi tells them.

"We won't fall for that trick, you filthy pirates!" "This is our island! We won't let any pirates land here!" "Raise anchor and leave now! Or else we'll blow your whole ship up!" The men shout down to us.

"They really hate our guts. And we've just met, too." Sanji mutters, and I take my hat off, feeling itch a little, and I hear a gasp; I look up at Dalton as one of the men shoots at Sanji's feet.

"Enough!" Dalton yells, and the men back down.

"Sanji, don't," I order him as I see him about to attack, and I walk up to the figurehead, looking at Dalton. "Been a while. Dalton." I hear the others gasp in shock. Even the men look in shock, but some seem to recognise me.

"It's good to see you again, Dakota." He greets me back, and I smile.

"We're in need of a Doctor," I tell him.

"I see, it must be bad if you've come looking for her. Very well, I will show you to the village. Follow me." He tells us, and I nod in thanks as he turns, and I jump down onto the deck, seeing the others all looking in shock.

"What? I met him a couple of times when I would visit for serious need of medical treatment, and there's only a few I trust to stitch me up, okay." I tell them, and that seems to settle them, and we begin our journey to find Doctor Kureha.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

I put my hat back on as we walk along the snow-covered ground, leaving Zoro behind on the ship with Karoo; I walk with Vivi as we watch Nami. "I must warn you, the only Doctor we have here is a witch," Dalton tells them, and I sigh as they look at me with a glare at the misleading information.

"Witch?!" Usopp panics a little.

"You gotta be kidding me. Nothing here makes sense..." Sanji grumbles, and I smile.

"She's not technically a witch, she's just eccentric, and well she's not a big people person," I tell them and smile when Usopp lets out a scream of fear as a Hiking Bear comes walking towards us.

"A bear!" Usopp screams. "Everyone! Pretend to be dead!"

"A Hiking Bear. They pose no danger." Dalton assures the others. "Don't forget to bow. It's proper hiking manners." We all bow to the bear as it bows back and continues up the hill towards the village of Big Horn.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

We finally make it to the busy village, with everyone going about the usual day like nothing is wrong; it almost reminds me of Foosha Village. "This is our village, Big Horn," Dalton announces to the others.

"There are weird animals walking everywhere..." Luffy whispers, and I smile, pointing at the White Walkie.

"That one is called a White Walkie, pretty fast animals," I tell him, and he grins at the animal with glee.

"That's snow country for ya!" Usopp almost sounds like he's complaining, but I think the Hiking Bear scared him too much.

"Nami! We made it to a village with people! It's a village!" Sanji announces to our sick Navigator, but she's still sleeping, fighting off the fever.

"Okay. Thanks for the help everyone. Those who aren't guards can return to their work." Dalton tells the other men.

"But, will you be alright by yourself, Dalton? They're pirates!" One of the men tries to stop Dalton.

"I know Dakota very well, she poses no threat to me or any of us, and I believe they pose no threat either," Dalton assures them, vouching for us. "That's my hunch of many years of experience. You can trust it." The men all talk among themselves but seem to trust Dalton fully and begin leaving back to their usual activities.

"They weren't this land's security forces?" Vivi asks him, confused.

"They're ordinary citizens. Come to my home for now." Dalton instructs us as he walks off, and we follow behind.

"Hey! Look, Luffy! A Hiking Bear!" Usopp exclaims, and I follow to see a woman walking towards us.

"Again?" Luffy questions as she walks over.

"Oh, Dalton!" She calls out to him.

"Gotta bow." The morons say as they bow to her.

"I heard there were pirates! Are you okay?" She asks him and passes the morons.

"Yes, everything is okay. There's nothing to worry about." He assures her, and she walks off, seeming pleased.

"Oh, Dalton! I look forward to the election in two days! Everyone says they're going to vote for you!" An elderly man yells over to him, making the serious man fluster.

"Y-you can't be serious! I'm nothing but a sinful man!" He argues, and I elbow him in the side.

"Come on now, we've all sinned," I tell him, and he shakes his head, not wanting the attention, and we walk over to his place.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

I've never been to Dalton's home before; it's cosy as we enter, though Usopp and Luffy decide to stay outside. "Use that bed there. I'll warm the place up." He tells us; Sanji carefully places Nami on the bed, and Vivi pulls up the covers to keep her warm. "I haven't probably introduced myself. I'm Dalton, Captain of the Security Squad of this island. Please forgive our heavy-handed welcome. May I ask you a question?" He asks as he puts his spade on the floor, leaning against the wall. "May I ask you a question?" He directs at Vivi, who looks over at him. "I somehow feel like I've seen you before."

"I-it's probably just your imagination!" Vivi deflects badly. "Anyway, please tell us about this witch! Nami's temperature was 107 when I checked it just now!"

"107?!" He repeats in shock.

"Her fever's gone up for three days in a row," I tell him as I look at her worriedly.

"She'll die if it goes up any more!" He points out.

"Yes. But we don't even know the cause of her illness, or how to treat it..." Vivi explains our dilemma.

"We need a Doctor! Anyone will do! Where is this witch of yours?!" Sanji demands, raising his voice at Dalton, wanting to help Nami in any way.

"The witch, huh. Do you see those mountains outside of the window?" Dalton questions the blond male.

"Yeah, those insanely tall-" He replies and stops; I look over to see two snowmen outside, courtesy of Usopp and Luffy, as they goof around outside in the snow. "Don't make me kick your asses!" They quickly came inside, scared of the angry cook.

"Those mountains are known as the Drum Rockies. Do you see the castle at the top of the tallest one in the middle?" Dalton asks, and they look out to the mountains where you can faintly see the castle on top.

"Castle?" Usopp echoes as he drinks his tea.

"That castle no longer has its King." He informs them.

"That warms me up.." Luffy mumbles as he enjoys the tea.

"Yeah, there it is." Sanji nods as he and Vivi look out the window now that he's destroyed the snowmen blocking the view.

"What's so important about the castle?" Vivi asks him.

"The only Doctor in the land, Doctor Kureha, lives there. People here call a witch." I inform them, to their shock.

"What?! Of all the places, why does it have to be so far away?! Then call her here right away! We have a critical patient!" Sanji snaps.

"Even if we wanted to, there's no way to contact her," Dalton informs them.

"Huh?! And she calls herself a Doctor?! What the hell is she like?!" Sanji snaps again.

"As a Doctor, she's very skilled. But she's an eccentric old hang. She's nearly 140 years old now, and I don't remember living up in the castle." I tell them and look at Dalton.

"140?! I think she might need help!" Sanji comments.

"And, let's see... she likes pickled plums, and she moved there after those pirates attacked us once the King abandoned us," Dalton adds.

"What happens when people here get sick or injured?" Vivi asks us.

"She comes down from the mountain when she feels like it. She looks for patients, treats them, then, as payment, she takes whatever she wants from their houses before leaving." He says, sounds like her.

"Sounds like an unfriendly old hag!" Usopp comments.

"Hey! She almost sounds like a pirate!" Luffy remarks happily.

"But how does such an old woman go down that mountain?" Vivi asks a good question.

"It's an odd rumour, but several people claim to have seen her riding a sleigh through the sky on moonlit nights. And that's the reason she's called a witch. Some also saw her with a strange creature they'd never seen before..." Dalton tells them the rumours and gossip, which freaks Usopp, the cowardly Sniper.

"I knew it! See! It's a SnowMan! It's a snowy mountain, after all! I knew there'd be one! A witch and a SnowMan?! Oh, please never let us run into them!" Usopp yells in fear as he rolls around in a panic.

"She is the only Doctor, but she's a hag I'd prefer to stay away from. All we can do is wait for the next time she comes down the mountain." He tells us, ignoring Usopp.

"You can't be serious..." Vivi groans; it's not a good idea; we've got a better chance of catching her at the castle.

"Dammit! We can't wait for that! Even as we speak, Nami is-!" Sanji stops himself, not wanting to go there again.

"Hey! Nami! Nami! Can you hear me?" Luffy slaps Nami trying to wake her up.

"What are you doing?!" We yell at our Captain as he slaps her gently, and she wakes up a little.

"Oh! She's awake! Hey, the only way to see a Doctor is to climb a mountain. We're gonna climb it!" Luffy informs the sick girl.

"Don't be crazy! What are you doing with Nami?!" Sanji demands in worry.

"It's okay! I'll carry her on my back!" He answers simply.

"That'll only make things even worse!" I point out.

"What's the problem? We need to hurry. Don't we?" Luffy questions me.

"That's true, but you can't! Look at how steep and tall it is! I can't teleport myself or Nami up there without possibly killing both of us or making us worse! We'd have to go up there the long way!" I point out, and the others seem to ponder as they let it sink in.

"I can make it," Luffy mutters, sure of himself.

"Maybe you can make it, but it'd be too hard on Nami!" Sanji reasons, trying to deter Luffy's idea.

"But look! If we fall, we'll land in snow." Luffy argues, sticking to the idea.

"Even a healthy person would die instantly after a fall from there!" Vivi argues her point.

"Seriously! She's over normal temperature! She could die! Do you even get it?!" Usopp snaps at him, and Nami's breathing worsens as we look at her as she struggles to breathe.

"I need to get over this fast... I need to hurry... for Vivi..." She says and has to stop to catch her breath and moves her hand out from the covers to give Luffy a high five. "I'm counting on you, Captain!" He grins, and they high-five lightly.

"That's more like it! Just leave it to me!" He grins, and we begin getting ready for our trip to the castle on a mountain at least three miles high.

"I hope you know what you're doing," I warn him as Sanji starts packing a bag for all of us, as Usopp and Vivi will stay behind.

"Yeah. you and Nami need to see her quickly." He replies, and I see the stubborn look on his face; there's no talking him out of it now.

"Okay," I nod as we wrap Nami up in something warm so she doesn't catch frostbite and wrap her carefully on Luffy's back, ready to head out with Usopp complaining the whole time.

"I can't believe it! Like Captain, like Navigator!" Usopp continues to complain as we step outside.

"Do you know what condition you're in, Nami?!" Sanji asks the sick girl who can barely stay awake.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? It'll take hours to get there!" Vivi points out, but it won't do much to sway him.

"Old guy! Meat! Gimme meat!" Luffy asks rudely.

"Oi! Manners!" I snap at him, slapping his arm and moving too harshly, irritating my ribs, making me take a deep breath of pain.

"You okay, Dakota?" Vivi asks, and I nod, steadying my breathing.

"Yeah, once she's seen to Nami, I'll be right as rain," I tell her as we walk out, ready to head out.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

"Alright! I'm comin' too! As you're taking Nami, Dakota, you can walk, for now, right?" Sanji asks me, and I nod, taking the bag for when I can't walk anymore.

"Listen, Luffy! Don't fall even once or you can expect Nami to die!" Usopp warns the teen.

"Eh?! Even once?!" Luffy complains slightly, but I know he'll be careful with the girl.

"Wait! Hold still! I need to tie this right!" Vivi tells him and pulls the ends of the fabric, securing Nami to Luffy's back tie enough, so she won't slip. "All set. Okay, I'm going to wait here. I'd only get in the way."

"Same here." Usopp agrees, not wanting to run into anything dangerous as usual.

"Got it! Okay, Nami! Hold on tight!" Luffy says to her, and she mumbles under her breath in agreement.

"If you're really set on going... I won't stop you. But at least climb up from the other side. There are Lapahns on this course. Fierce, carnivorous rabbits. If you encounter a pack of them, you're as good as dead." Dalton warns us, but I've never run into any in my time here, but I would usually teleport from one place to the other.

"Rabbits? But we're in a hurry. We should be fine. Right?" Luffy asks as he looks at our cook.

"Yeah! I'll kick 'em!" Sanji agrees.

"Kick? You can't be serious! You'd be walking to your deaths!" Dalton says in worry for us.

"It's okay!" Luffy shrugs it off and starts running off. "Alright, then! Let's go, Dakota, Sanji! Before Nami dies!" We run off behind him, catching up.

"What?! Don't say things that could jinx us, you dumbass!" Sanji snaps at him as we run out of the village, heading for the Drum Rockies.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

We've made it a reasonable distance from the village of Big Horn, but it seems a strong wind is pulling more snow over us as we run, and I can't steady my breathing due to the cold weather. "It's gotten a little colder. The wind's picking up." Luffy comments as he runs ahead, as I feel myself slowing down a little.

"So why aren't you wearing shoes?! Just seeing that is painful!" Sanji remarks as he looks down at Luffy's sandals.

"This is my police!" Luffy argues.

"Police?! You mean 'policy'!" He points out, and Luffy nods in agreement.

"Anyway, did you know? People in snowy countries never sleep!" Luffy starts up a conversation with something he hears from a drunk.

"Huh? Why's that?" Sanji asks him.

"'cause they'll die if they go to sleep!" He tells him, and I shake my head at them and stop to catch my breath as the icy air feels like stabs in my lungs. "Dakota! Come on!" He yells, and I look up at him as I try steadying my breath, but it's getting more complex.

"Come on, I'll carry you from here now," Sanji says, and he turns around, letting me climb on as we start running again, continuing from where they left off. "Usopp, I bet." The boys duck as a giant rabbit leaps out of the trees over us.

"No! I heard it in a pub in my village!" Luffy argues.

"Then why did that Dalton guy have a bed?" Sanji points out as the same Lapahn jumps out, but Sanji steps back in time to dodge it.

"That's a good point. Maybe it's for when he dies, then?" Luffy counters as a tree starts falling towards us.

"Yeah, right!" Sanji snaps as the tree falls in front of us, and the boys jump over it, heading up the mountain. "Okay, did you know this? Women in snowy lands all have silky-smooth skin!"

"How come?" Luffy asks the cook.

"Isn't it obvious? Whenever you're cold, you rub your skin for warmth. So you get smooth skin." Sanji explains his theory as more Lapahns try attacking us, but he dodges them. "So women in snowy places have such silky-smooth, white skin!"

"How come it's white?" I ask him and regret it now.

"Because the colour of the constantly-falling snow dyes their skin!" Sanji replies as we keep having to dodge the Lapahns.

"Huh?! You're so dumb!" Luffy teases the cook.

"Like you're really anyone to talk! And-" Sanji retorts, and a small Lapahn comes for him, and he kicks it away hard. "-quit being so damn annoying!"

"What was with that guy?" Luffy mutters as we keep going, and the wind becomes stronger and the snow heavier.

"Hand in there, Nami, Dakota! We're gonna get you to a Doctor!" Sanji promises as we run.

"The snow's really deep around here..." Luffy comments as he tries keeping his footing.

"Hey, Luffy! Run more smoothly. You're gonna make Nami worse!" Sanji scolds him, and we stop as a pack of Lapahns stands before us, not looking happy about Sanji kicking their kid. "W-what are these?"

"They're white and big, so they're polar bears! I'm sure of it!" Luffy replies as the one in front of us jumps into the air high above us.

"It jumped!" Sanji yells and lands with its arms in front of it, punching into the snow as we jump back away. "You gotta be kidding me! How can it move like that?! What is it, a gorilla?!"

"No! A polar bear!" Luffy argues as if that's the problem right now.

"It's a rabbit!" Sanji snaps at him.

"You're the one who just called it a gorilla..." He points out.

"These are the Lapahns that Dalton was talking about!" I tell them over the strong wind and climb off Sanji, knowing we'll have to fight to keep Nami safe and defend her and Luffy.

"His many of them?!" Sanji gapes at the large pack of massive rabbits, ready to fight us.

"Nami?" We all question as we look at the strawberry blond on Luffy's back as she mutters to herself.

"We have to... hurry to Alabasta..." She mutters, clearly feeling the stress from the fever.

"Never mind that, just rest. Don't worry about anything right now. Don't worry about anything right now." Luffy tells her, and we smile fondly at her.

"When her own life is at risk..." I shake my head at her.

"Nami, hang in there just a little longer. We have to go to that castle where the Doctor lives. Get out of our way, you damn bunnies!" Sanji snaps at them, and they seem to understand us.

"They're coming!" Luffy says in a low voice.

"Yeah! Listen, Luffy! Don't you dare fight." Sanji orders him.

"Why not?" Luffy asks him.

"Idiot! Whether you attack or get struck, Nami will feel the whole impact too! She'll die..." He tells him, and Luffy straightens her out as she slowly falls.

"What?!" He gapes as the Lapahns shout out. "O... Okay! I won't fight!" He agrees when the pack leader jumps towards him, and he ducks in time to avoid the attack. "B-but. What do I do?!" The Lapahns start to attack, and Sanji and I fight them as they keep coming at us.

"Just dodge! Dodge, dodge, dodge and run! But don't retreat!" I tell him as he does as he's told.

"That's hard!" He complains, and a bigger Lapahn comes for Sanji.

"Flanchet Shoot!" He spins low and kicks the rabbit in the stomach, sending it flying towards the rest of the pack. I jump out of a hit as Luffy jumps past me. "Dammit! In this snow, I can't kick properly!" The Lapahns seem angry at us even more, and all of their left ears go down, and they jump up to attack us.

"They're all attacking at once!" Luffy yells as he dodges out of the way.

"Go into the forest! I'll cover your back!" Sanji yells as we run into the trees with Sanji behind us, Luffy loses his hat, but Sanji picks it up as we run, and they land where we are standing. "Go left! We'll head to the mountain!"

"Okay!" We yell back as we change directions towards the mountain's base.

"We'll shake them off somehow! It'd take us until night to finish fighting them!" He points out as we run, though the Lapahns catch up to us. "These snow mountain animals really are tough! We're at a disadvantage." A Lapahn comes from Luffy's side, and he's about to kick him, but Sanji stops him, doing it himself.

"Don't!" He yells as he kicks the Lapahn down. "Idiot! We told you not to attack! Just leave them to us!"

"Sorry..." Luffy apologies, but it's hard for someone who always relies on his instincts.

"This isn't a joke!" I warn him as Sanji puts his hat back on his head, and we reach a small cliff high enough to escape.

"Sanji! We can go up from here!" Luffy shouts over to Sanji as he stays back to keep the giant rabbits away.

"Good! Go on ahead!" Sanji shouts back, and I run towards the rock and jump up, catching my foot on a jagged rock, heaving myself up as Luffy uses the Lapahns that tried to attack him to jump up with Sanji. I look down to see the pack all looking up at us, and it seems we got away from them, but then Luffy being the idiot he is, sticks his tongue out at them, and they jump up to follow us.

"They're coming!" Luffy yells as we panic.

"You don't need to egg them on! Anyway, run! To the top of the mountain!" Sanji yells as we run with the Lapahns running after us.

"Are they coming?" Luffy asks as we stop a little as we've been running for a while.

"No, they aren't," Sanji tells us.

"All right! Looks like we lost them." I smile, glad to stop as I struggle to breathe.

"No... not yet." He points ahead at the pack of Lapahns up the hill in front, blocking us from going further.

"They're persistent!" Luffy grumbles, and they start jumping up and down on the spot repeatedly. "What're they doing?" They keep going, and I climb onto Sanji's back as the cold weather makes me feel more tired than before. "Are they irritated because they're hungry?"

"No... hold on a sec... don't tell me... they're...!" Sanji mumbles and drops his cigarette on the ground in shock, and it clicks; they're trying to cause an avalanche to get rid of us. "Those damn bunnies... have really done it...! This can't be happening...!"

"Hey, Sanji. What's the matter? What the heck is going on?" Luffy asks the cook, completely clueless.

"Hey... we're gonna run, Luffy, Dakota," Sanji tells us.

"What? Run? Where to?" He asks.

"Doesn't matter where! Somewhere far and high!" I tell him. "An avalanche is coming!" Snow comes barrelling towards us; the Lapahns jump out of the way as the snow comes rushing towards the boys, and we run as the snow catches up.

"Ahhh! Those damn bunnies! They'll never get away with this! Dammit!" Sanji vows revenge as he runs.

"Wh-wh-wh-what're we gonna do?! Wh-wh-wh-what're we gonna do, Sanji?!" Luffy asks as he tries to keep up with us and keep Nami safe.

"How should I know?! The first priority is the girls! The second is the girls! The third is the girls! The fourth is the girls! And the fifth is the girls! Got that?! Protect nami even if it kills you! I'll do the same with Dakota!" Sanji yells over the thunderous sound of the snow.

"Got it!" Luffy yells back. "But how?!"

"Over there! That cliff!" Sanji tells and starts running to the small cliff with Luffy behind us.

"Why?!" Luffy asks as he runs with us.

"Run! We need to get as high up as we can!" He shouts as the snow gets closer.

"It's coming!" I yell in worry, and the boys jump up on the small cliff away from the oncoming avalanche.

"Good, we made...ahh!" Sanji gapes as another cloud of snow comes barreling towards us. "Oh, no! We're not high enough!" The snowstorms into us, and we go flying in the air and land in the snow while Luffy hovers longer above us as we go further down the mountain.

"Sanji! Grab my hand!" Luffy shouts out as I tighten my grip on Sanji Luffy stretches out his hand to him, pulling us towards him as we sit on a fallen tree, sliding down the mountain.

"Thanks for that, Luffy." We say, and I cringe in pain.

"Yeah, but... even though we won't sink in the snow, we'll go straight down the mountain if we don't do anything!" Luffy points out.

"What?! Hell no! We've come all this way, and we're almost at the foot of the mountain! Luffy! Come up with a way to stop this! Dammit, those damn hopping bunnies! Next time I see them, I'll simmer them in a pot!" Sanji vents as one comes sailing down next to us on a tree trunk.

"What?!" I gasp as more come after us, and we duck out of their oncoming attacks.

"What're we gonna do Sanji?!" Luffy yells as they keep attacking us.

"There's only one way! Run!" He yells as we try to manoeuvre and outrun them, but they keep trying to attack us. "What the hecks... with them?!" One tries to bite me as I move my arm out of the way. "Oh, no! Luffy! Look ahead! Ahead!" I look over Sanji's shoulder to see a patch of land with three stumps with jagged pieces.

"Ahhh! A rock! We're gonna crash!" Luffy screams.

"You can't crash! You're carrying Nami!" Sanji warns him.

"That's easy to say, but...!" We grow closer, and the stupid Lapahns try coming for us. "We're crashing!" Sanji grabs Luffy and me, then throws us into the air.

"You have to treat ladies... gently!" Sanji warns Luffy when the tree trunk smashes into the rock, flinging him into the air hard and crashing into the snow with the Lapahns, I grab onto Luffy as he stretches his arm out to hold onto one of the tree trunks, and I climb onto the rock.

"Sanji!" Luffy yells out to him as I pull him up.

"Ahhh... that hit me good...! Dammit!" Sanji groans as he moves further down the mountain.

"You idiot! Don't do stuff like that without telling us!" I snap as I do something stupid. "Teleport." I teleport over to him and grab hold of him around the waist quickly, feeling my ribs breaking further than before, making me groan in pain. "Teleport." I grit my teeth as I appear back at the rock with Nami and Luffy, breathing worse than before, and Sanji is unconscious, badly beaten up. "I'm sorry Luffy," I mutter, and another load of snow comes towards us, about to swallow us. "Hellfire: Conflagration!"A burst of fire surrounds me and blasts forward towards the snow causing it to steam upon impact before it reaches us. I fall to my knees, breathing heavily as the snow settles, I try to calm my breathing, but it seems impossible as I feel the pain in my hands, seeing my gloves missing and my ribs are worse than before.

"Sis, are you okay?" Luffy asks me, and I nod my head, not wanting to worry him as I try getting to my feet, but as I try, my foot caves on me, and a shooting pain comes from my foot, but it soothes as quickly as it arrives, thankfully healing meaning I can walk.

"Let's get moving," I tell him and hull Sanji's unconscious body onto my back and tie him securely with my scarf, and we set off back up the mountain towards the middle Drum Rockie.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

Along the way, we come across the Lapahn cub, who growls at us, standing protectively in front of a giant paw. As we reach closer, Luffy stares at the poor thing and pulls the adult Lapahn up from the snow as the cub covers itself, afraid of being hit. Snow hits the little thing as Luffy pulls the alpha Lapahn up, and we start walking again as the smaller Lapahn hugs the alpha happily. "That was nice of you," I comment with a smile, and he nods, probably feeling bad for us, three injured people he feels responsible for. "I love you, little brother," I tell him.

"I love you too, big sister. I will definitely get you there. Don't die... all three of you..." He says; I can't help but feel tears collecting in my eyes at how proud I am of him, and I smile at him.

"You will, I know it, and I won't die," I tell him as we keep walking, and the further we get, the stronger the wind and snow begin falling again.

"Hold it, brat!" I hear a familiar voice shout from behind us and look back to see a White Walkie charging towards us with three people on top. "How dare you do many rude things to me! I'll beat you up!" The White Walkie stops in front of Wapol, and his, too, goons a top behind the stupid King.

"Huh? You guys're...." Luffy mutters as we look up at the three morons.

"I'll chew you guys up!" Wapol threatens us.

"Get out of our way," Luffy orders us.

"Why would I get out of your way?!" Wapol questions. "Looks like what you have on your backs are half-dead." Luffy moves around them, and I follow, knowing we are too severely injured to fight them unless necessary. "Hold it! Oh, I know! Chess! I thought up a new law. Write this down."

"Yes, sir." The goofy idiot replies.

"Those who ignore the King are to be executed!" Wapol demands, but we continue to walk off. "Ignoring me already?! Guys! First, get the sick and injured ones, who are ignoring me the most!"

"Yes, sir!" I hear the goons agree and turn to look behind us with Luffy, who grows angry.

"What'd you say?!" Luffy growls as I watch the goons jump into the air above us.

"I'll take the woman on his back!" Chess is in the green jester costume with a bow and arrow.

"'I'll take the man on her back!" Kuromarimo is in a yellow and orange jester costume with balls in his hands. "Take this! Marino's Surprise!" He approaches me, aiming for Sanji as spikes come out of the balls on his hands, and I dodge. Luffy goes to fight but stops before I can warn him, and he runs off, and I run with him away from the goons.

"Damn you! You'll regret this! Don't follow us!" Luffy yells after them, and we continue to run; he flips over as arrows fly under him, and we continue to run; he looks behind us. "Huh? There's no one... what's going on? I wonder if they've already given up..." He wonders, and I see Wapol up ahead and pull him back before he can be eaten by the stupid pretend King towards the two goons.

"Now this is a true battle in a snowy area! The White Disguise! Snow Powder Makeup!" Kuromarimo yells as we draw closer.

"Since they're so weak, they'll be dead with just one shot." Chess yells.

"Check Mate!" They both yell as we come closer.

"Stop it!" We yell, and a pair of Lapahns jump up towards the goons and punch them away from us, and we land safely in the snow along with the rabbits.

"Lapahns?!" Wapol shouts in shock.

"Did they protect them?" Kuromarimo questions from behind us.

"It's a coincidence. Lapahns never become attached to humans." Chess argues, and I look to see the Lapahn cub on the alpha's back as it looks over its shoulder towards us.

"You are..." Luffy mutters, the alpha gestures of strength, and I grin at the animal. "Thanks! You saved us!" We run off as fast as we can with the extra weight.

"Don't let them get away!" Wapol orders his goons, and we run further away with stronger winds as we get closer to the mountain's base.

"Doctor... Doctor... Doctor..." Luffy mutters as we reach the mountain's base, slowing down a little.

"We're here Luffy," I tell him as I look up at the cylinder-like mountain with the wind visible around the rocks.

"I can't see the top," Luffy comments as he looks up at the mountain. "We can find the Doctor... up there... Hang in there a little longer... Sis! Nami! Sanji!" He tells us and tightens the robe around his waist, I draw my own and pull the end that's long enough to attach to Luffy's rope as he takes off his sandals, and I put them in my hood.

"Let's do this," I grumble, and we begin to climb up the rock, my hands already freezing from the cold air, and the wind gets stronger the further up we get, and Luffy's coat blows off his back, keeping Nami warmer.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

3rd POV:

Vivi and Usopp walk along the snowy path once the Princess slaps the Sniper awake, his face poorly swollen from the slaps he receives as they talk. Vivi steps on a pile of snow when something underneath pushes up. The Princess falls back as something rises from the snow. "Ahhh! What's that?!" Usopp screams in fright, and the snow disappears to reveal the swordsman half-dressed, frozen.

"Ahhh... that was close... I saw a field of flowers..." Zoro stutters from the cold and gets to his feet, shivering. "Suddenly hitting an avalanche in this cold... I must've run out of luck. But this is a sort of winter swimming, I guess."

"Zoro?" Usopp calls out to the frozen swordsman, who looks to see Vivi but ignores the swollen-faced Sniper.

"Hm? Oh, Vivi. huh?" He looks at the Sniper and seems to take time to realise who it is. "Oh, it's you, Usopp! What're you guys doing here?"

"That's my question!" They snap at him in anger from the fright he gave them, and they start walking off, heading towards the village as Zoro explains what happened to him.

"Winter swimming?!" Usopp questions him in shock at the swordsman's idea of training.

"Yeah. After swimming in the river for a while, I had no idea where I was any more. So I was walking while doing muscle training, and then I ended up in a forest."

"Dressed like that? You're stupid, aren't you?" Usopp can't help but comment.

"Anyway, give me your coat, Usopp," Zoro begs him, feeling the cold.

"No way." Usopp denies him.

"Then, your shoes!"

"No!"

"One of them!"

"No! It's your own fault, isn't it!"

"Look over there! There're people." Vivi stops the two of them as they look down to see soldiers standing on the higher snow while the citizens crowd in front with some of the buildings visible.

"Hey... I remember those buildings..." Usopp comments, and Vivi looks closer at the familiar buildings.

"You're right! This is Big Horn! We ended up... coming back!" Vivi gasps, and they head down towards the group of civilians.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Zoro asks one of the men at the back of the group.

"Wh-what's the matter?" He repeats and turns around to see the half-naked swordsman. "What's the matter with you, dressing like that?!"

"Dalton's buried under the snow of the avalanche!" Another man informs the outsiders.

"What?!" Usopp gasps in shock as they look at the scene.

"Dalton is?!" Vivi gasps as well.

"Yeah. We can't dig him out because those guys get in our way." He informs them.

"Step back! Step back!" The soldier in front orders the citizens. "If you have any objections, go right ahead and bring it on!" He laughs evilly.

"Usopp, I remember their clothes. They're the ones who attacked us on the sea, right? Right?" Zoro asks him.

"Yeah, that's right." He agrees.

"Then they're our enemy, aren't they? They're our enemy, right? What's the word? Are they on our side?!" Zoro says, feeling the cold more as he stands still.

"Well, they're our enemy... but why are you so..." Usopp stops and sees the look in Zoro's eyes as he walks over to the soldiers as the leader laughs at the men.

"You aren't so courageous without Dalton, are you?" He laughs at the citizens' misfortune, and Zoro punches him across the face; he falls into the snow unconscious.

"What?! Mr Bushido!" Vivi yells as Zoro strips the soldier and puts on his coat, gloves and boots.

"Who's that?!" The other soldiers snap in anger at one of their own going down.

"Hey, you! Stop it! If you attack them, you'll..." One of the men tries to stop him, but he's already dressed.

"This is warm! I'm borrowing it!" Zoro beams at the warmth of the coat and boots.

"You... asked me because of that...?!" Usopp growls from the back of the group. "Look! They're angry!" He yells over to the swordsman.

"You! You were on the ship with that guy who blew Wapol away!" One of the soldiers questions him.

"Oh? You guys never learn, do you?" Zoro ignores them as he looks over at the group of soldiers who let out war cries as they come running towards the swordsman, and he runs through the group taking three of their swords as his own.

"Are you guys looking for... these?" He teases, showing the three swords he took from them; they go from shocked to angry at the swordsman.

"Bring him down!" One of the soldiers' orders, and they let out a battle cry and race towards the swordsman, who slices through them quickly as he moves through the group to the other side.

"Hawk Wave!" Zoro yells as all of the soldiers fall into the snow. "Oh! It's already over?" He puts the swords into the snow and looks at the fallen soldiers. "What a disappointing bunch..."

"Amazing..." Vivi mutters in awe, along with the other men watching.

"All right! Good job, Zoro! Just as I instructed!" Usopp lies, trying to take the credit a little.

"Let's find Dalton!" One of the men shouts to the others.

"Yeah!" They all shout back and head onto the pile of snow to find their friend; they pass Zoro, who walks back towards Usopp and Vivi with some of the men thanking him.

"Hurry up! Dig everywhere!" They shout in worry as they start shovelling the snow.

"So, what's all this fuss?" Zoro asks Usopp as he runs over to join the swordsman.

"I'll explain it later! Let's help them!" Usopp tells him and runs off with Vivi.

"Dalton! Please be alive!" One of the men begs as Usopp and Vivi join in on helping them dig into the snow to find Dalton.

ONE PIECE - DRUM ISLAND ARC

DAKOTA'S POV:

We've been climbing for ages, and at least halfway, I'm growing more tired the further we get up; Luffy keeps muttering 'Doctor' under his breath as he climbs, motivating him, we keep rising, and I can't feel my hands as I climb, though I see the blood from the continuous harsh contact. I jolt as Luffy fumbles, sliding down a little, I almost get pulled down with him, but I punch into the rock with my hand keeping me footed and stopping Luffy from falling further. "Luffy, are you and Nami okay!" I call down to him over the harsh wind.

"Yeah!" He shouts up to me, and we continue climbing slowly but at least more than halfway; Luffy looks up, seeming more determined, and I follow it to see the top covered in snow, and we climb with our bloodied hands towards the snow top. It takes us a few more minutes to reach the snowy top of the mountain, blood dripping down our bare hands as we reach the snow, I pull myself up with Luffy behind as he stares at the white castle, and I fall onto my hands in the deep snow soaking it with my blood. "We made it..." He mutters beside me and falls face-first into the snow, mumbling 'Doctor' before passing out.

"KUREHA!" I scream out, hoping she hears me from inside along with Chopper; the snow gives way under us seconds later; Luffy begins falling, I try gripping onto something, but there's nothing, and we start to fall off the side. Suddenly something furry catches Luffy's arm, and I see purple boots stepping on my numb hands, keeping me in place, and my eyes soon close, feeling tired from all the lousy luck getting here. "Take care of them," I mumble as I drop into the snow, letting them take care of the others.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

28.3K 851 28
(A little bit of Zoro Love Story) DATE: JANUARY 18, 2058 One Piece has been passed from generations to generations. And there's this one girl who has...
111K 3.8K 24
All (Y/n) wanted was to free her home country from Sir Crocodile's tyranny, not get a bounty on her head and being pulled into the adventures with th...
1.5K 87 6
Y/n, a normal woman (not really) who holds a deep passion for fictional (wo)men (cough- only One Piece men & women tho- COUGH-), one day, her birthda...
14.1K 246 46
💖A Valentine's Day Special 💖 For: SanjixNami Fans From: MQ😘 Summary: Nami-swan is the youngest daughter of a rich family in Cocoyashi City, locat...