The Final Year (vol 1)

By amourpierce

In the American culture, its referred to as high school. With the Britons, its called the secondary school o... More

Notice... Very important!!!
Prologue
Uproar
Settling in
Pray
Monday morning
The girl
The clique
The first day
The Crowd
The Squad
The Confrontation
Prep
A date?
B. D. T
Unbothered
Facts or Myths
Night Crawlers
Life of the party
Important note:
Parte after parte
Family
Home Sweet Home
Busted
The Trip
Paranoia
Just a game...
Smile
Mine
BTS
Preparations
Wonder
Appeasement
Visitation
Friendly beast
The Reveal
Hangout
Square one
Squad goals
Hurt
Chit chat
Drill
The Past
The Threat
Contraband
Pretty
The Big Game
Vulnerable
Night talk
Confession
Apology
Exam Fever
Yearbook
Sting
Shopping
Memories
Graduation
Epilogue
Q/N
Announcement
Bonus chapter
Important notice!!

Trouble

806 179 5
By amourpierce

It was Friday night, which was the end of the week, Teni and Tomi were both outside one of the school pavilion talking about what happened in the hall yesterday.

After the aftermath, the news as been on everyone's lip, this normally happens but the perpetrating students rarely gets caught cause they are always careful.

"What are they going to tell their parents once they get home?" I asked Tomi since we sat facing each other.

"The truth na" I arched an eyebrow "they were caught having sex so they are going to tell them that" I chuckled.

"My mum will kill me before disowning me" I exaggerated.

"Same here baby girl.. "

In African culture, sex is a prohibited topic especially for the females. It is highly forbidden for a girl to talk about it or perform the act before marriage. You are to remain a virgin till your wedding night.

My mother always instill this in my mind and head, always beseeching me to keep myself till i get married, she added bible quotes like always and told me the advantages of keeping myself as well as disadvantages of not.

Nowadays, things are not done that way anymore due to 'civilization'.

I bop my head slightly at the quiet music played by someone in the pavilion. It was so faint but i know the feminine voice of 'Simi ' anywhere. 'Ayo' played on as i lip sing.

The person needs to be careful though, it is prohibited to play a song on our tab even though it was given to us by the school.

I smile when i recalled how i took the news of our test results. My result was good, in fact splendid. I left most of teachers shock and amazed, even the evil V. P academics seems to warming up to me.

What left me in shock was the maths test results, i did incredibly well, guess extra lessons with Tomi paid off. The girl is a genius! A freaking one!

"Did you hear of the ss1 girl?" Tomi asked suddenly cutting my train of thoughts.

"Which ss1 girl? What happened to her?" I asked curiously as she cleared her throat shifting a little closer as she lowers her voice.

"I heard this on Saturday when i was out in the compound drying my clothes, this conversation happened before our excursion... I overheard some girls living in Las Vegas hostel talking about a girl who was sexually assaulted"

I gasped, my hands flew to cover my opened mouth as my eyes widen in horror.

"Oh my God! How did this happen?!" She hushed me as students stared at us in confusion due to my loud outburst.

"Can you keep it down? It was suppose to be secret" she glared at me. "I overheard the news"

"How was it suppose to be secret?! A crime was committed against her!" I whisper yelled.

"I don't know why" she said calmly.

"When did this happen?" I questioned.

"I don't know but according to my calculations and what i overheard from the girls, this happened at the party that was hosted weeks ago"

I sigh, perks of attending night parties.

"Do you know the girl?" Her eyes widen at the question.

" Is something stuck in your ear? Or you don't understand the whole narrative i just laid down? I overheard the story, am not sure if it is real or a rumor! Besides, what do you want to do to the girl if you happened to know her?" She asked.

"I don't know... Tell her to report to the authorities of course"

Tomi groans looking fed up.

We continued to bicker back and forth about the touchy subject. Rumor or no rumor, abuse is not a joke!

Our heated conversation was interrupted by a boy i didn't recognize.

"Good evening ma's" he greeted.

"Good evening " Tomi replied as i eyed him skeptically. "How may we help you?"

"The head boy asked me to call you ma" he said directly to me, Tomi and I exchanged confused stares.

"Are you sure you know the person you are told to call?" Maybe he mistook me for Tomi.

"Yes, he said i should call Senior Teniola, it is very urgent ma" he said impatiently.

"Why?" He sighs looking worried amid my questions.

"Senior Femi and senior Shubbie are engaged in a fight"

Tomi and I flew up from our seats as i told the boy to lead the way.

We hurried after the boy as he leads us towards the
Ss2 block, as we walk on the walkway, we could hear shouts and heated conversation, no student were in view except from us. I quickly hastened my steps as we got closer to the class.

As soon as the boy led us there, he run off, I shrug off his weird behavior as i abruptly opened the door.

I was met with silence as i stared at them weirdly. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as Tokunbo and Prince held Shubomi down, Folahami held unto Femi's tightened bruised fist tightly.

I hear Tomi cough awkwardly behind me as my eyes ran in between the two parties who watched us carefully.

"What the fuck is going on here?" I curse on rare occasions like this.

Nobody answered my question as the two culprits stared at each other with anger and disdain. What is really going on between this two?

"Nothing... " Shubbie growled, i shuddered as i can hear Tomi whimper behind me. He looks so scary right now, i need to pick my words carefully. "Tell this uncultured swine to leave this place before i break his neck" he threatened with a promising glint in his narrowed eyes.

"You can do nothing you thief!" Femi screamed at him as i hear him growl again as his friends held him still telling him to calm down.

"Do you guys realize that this is an educational set up? You can get into trouble if you two are caught fighting, Femi you are a prefect for goodness sake!" I bellowed at the two idiots.

What got into Femi that made him think he can contend with Shubbie? Yes, they were both tall but Femi was much on the leaner side, one hit from Shubomi's muscular arm will take him down.

"Watch your tongue animal" Shubbie warned.

"No! You watch your fucking tongue, you fucking delinquent!"

The scream down at each other, trying to fight each other but it was no use as they were held down.

"Shut your trap!" I screamed at the two annoying male as they both turned quiet. I hear a quiet laugh from someone, we all turn our heads to glare at Prince who was finding the situation funny.

"Ooopss... Sorry" he said to everyone while holding on tightly to Shubomi's arm.

I huffed in frustration before asking the question that as been on the tip of my tongue as soon as i heard about the fight.

"What caused the fight?" I asked calmly as no one answered, i rolled my eyes getting tired of the whole situation.

"It's a long story " Head boy mumbled as i sigh.

I gesture to Folahami, urging him to let go of Femi not before assuring him that he is not going to come after his friend.

I gently placed my hand on his clenched fist as he relaxed.

"Come with me" I said softly yet affirmed.

I watch his face form a smirk at Shubomi, whose glare followed us out of the heated room.

                        😡💪👊

I watched as he paced back and forth in front of the pavilion as i sat quietly. I know he is trying to calm down, he is trying to rein in his anger.

I had never seen him this angry, Shubbie must have really pushed his buttons, or they pushed each others button.

"Are you going to tell me what is going on?" I asked once i realized he calmed down a bit.

"That motherfucker!" He rants

"Keep your voice down" I cautioned him as he took a seat beside me.

"He got me angry this evening, he such a formidable human being! Him and his father!"

"Okay... What has his father got to do with the situation on ground?"

"A lot Teni, a lot" he said through gritted teeth.

"Am listening.. " I hear him sigh.

"His father and mine are business competitors, so... " I cut him off.

"And what as that got to do with you?"

"He is a dangerous man Teni, when he wants something he uses every means to get it. Legal or illegal... He as taught his only son that habit"

I rummage over his word and i find it true. I go over the time i met Otunba Alade Cole, the man scares me, even for someone who rarely gets scared.

"Yes, i know that, apart from your fathers being business rivals, i know there is more"

I watch his eyes filled with different emotions before the turn cold.

"Back in Ss1, there were five boys in the Elite, they were not in their final year but they still hold enough power due to their status and wealth"

"Five boys?"

"I was one of them" he drops the final bomb as my eyes widen in shock.

"You were an Elite?" I questioned surprised when everything clicked. "The current Elite were your friends!'  He nods as he continues.

"We were so close, really close but Shubbie did an unforgivable thing" I gulp.

"What?" Getting scared of what his going to spill out.

"He was having an affair with my sister, he was sleeping with my sister behind my back?!

My mouth flung open in disbelief. Sleeping together? They were in Ss1... He was just seventeen for crying out loud, what does he know about sex?!

"What?" I said dumbly.

"My sister was in Ss3"

"Your elder sister?"

His Shubomi crazy? What was he thinking?

"He manipulated her, she was an undeniably quiet and shy person, he made her believe he loved her"

That boy keeps surprising me everyday.

"I don't know what to say... "

"You don't have to say anything...  you see why i hate the guy?! He is a first class manipulator that seeks pleasure in playing with people's feelings as well as hurting them, that is why i left the Elite"

We sat in silence for a while, i don't know what to say right now, i can't find the perfect words. It's just complicated, they were close friends separated by a strong topic.

"Where is your sister?"

"She is studying outside the country, when my parents found out they were so disappointed in her.. It is all my fault, if i wasn't his friend maybe she wouldn't have gotten close and fall for his lies. He knows how close we are among my siblings yet he still went behind my back to do it with her" his eyes displayed pain and betrayal.

I digest his words and i hope and pray that whatever Shubomi had with the girl was consensual.

"It is not your fault... Maybe she really likes him." I pointed out.

"What will an eighteen year old girl be looking for in a seventeen year old boy?"

'A lot... ' my conscience replied but refuse to say that as i shrugged.

"But you should not fight"

"He had the effrontery to rub it in my face! Oloriburuku ni bobo yen" he switched to his native tongue cursing him out.

"You guys need to sit down and sort it out" he looks at me with hardened eyes.

"Over my dead body"

Translation :

Oloriburuku ni bobo yen: That guy is a crazy and useless fellow.

Hey my lovely folks, am so sorry i wasn't able to do an early update. I have been spending too much time on the screen and it was affecting my eyes, i had to go for a break..

But am back!

And promise to update as much as possible...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20 1 10
Shantel is super excited about moving to a High School in Nigeria, especially being in the dormitory. But what she meets in there, is definately not...
77.6K 23.2K 70
(BOOK THREE) Then the saga continues. Known to be the best elite school in Nigeria. To others, it's heaven prepared and made for students. A spoken...
15.8K 3.6K 59
"Pleaseee...abeg, don't start this morning oo! It won't be funny" I threatened. "And what are you gonna do about it baby?" He smirked, whispering the...
129K 21.3K 33
High school is a very critical part of every teenagers life and thus highly important. In high school, you make memories, mistakes, fall in love and...