The Royal Triumvirate

By SdogReads

For hundreds of years, werewolves have been led by the Royal Triumvirate. Three wolves chosen by the Moon God... More

Background Info
Key Terms & Pack Ranks
Character List
Chapter One: Alex
Chapter Two: Alex
Chapter Three: Alex
Chapter Four: Reina
Chapter Five: Reina
Chapter Six: Reina
Chapter Seven: Dana
Chapter Eight: Alex
Chapter Nine: Alex
Chapter Ten: Reina
Chapter Eleven: Reina
Chapter Twelve: Alex
Chapter Thirteen: Alex
Chapter Fourteen: Dana
Chapter Fifteen: Dana
Chapter Sixteen: Alex
Chapter Seventeen: Alex
Chapter Eighteen: Alex
Chapter Nineteen: Alex
Chapter Twenty: Dana
Chapter Twenty-One: Alex
Chapter Twenty-Two-Alex
Chapter Twenty-Three: Alex
Chapter Twenty-Four: Alex
Chapter Twenty-Five: Reina
Chapter Twenty-Six: Reina
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Dana
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Reina
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Alex
Chapter Thirty: Alex
Chapter Thirty-One: NSFW
Chapter Thirty-Two: Alex
Chapter Thirty-Three: Dana
Chapter Thirty-Four: Reina
Chapter Thirty-Five: Alex
Chapter Thirty-Six: Reina
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Reina
Q&A
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Jason/Nick
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Alex
Chapter Forty: Alex
Chapter Forty-One: Reina
Chapter Forty-Two: Alex
Chapter Forty-Three: Halloween Special: Alex
Chapter Forty-Four: Alex
Chapter Forty-Five: Reina
Chapter Forty-Six: Reina
Chapter Forty-Seven: Reina
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter Forty-Eight: Reina
Chapter Forty-Nine: Alex
Chapter Fifty: Alex
Chapter Fifty-One: Reina
Chapter Fifty-Two: Dana
Chapter Fifty-Three: Alex
Chapter Fifty-Four: Alex
Chapter Fifty-Five: Alex
Epilogue: Christmas Special
Character List Amended

Chapter Fifty-Six: Alex

16.8K 807 27
By SdogReads

Pulling the spear out and transforming it back into a sword, Alex made her way back into the house. Before grunting softly and leaning against a wall. Pulling off on her right glove, which was covered in Markus' life blood, Alex gentle touched her left shoulder. Hissing slightly with the touch pulling back she could see that her fingers were covered in blood.

"Dammit," she swore, "this is my favorite jacket." Biting back a groan, Alex could almost feel the other bullet in her shoulder. Straightening up, Alex tried to find a bathroom so that she could extract the bullet, but she could go far, Reina rushed up to her.

"Alex," Reina cried softly. Scarlett was hot on her heels followed by one of the members of the Alpha squad cross trained in first aid. Reina placed some pressure on Alex's injured shoulder.

"Rei, Markus," Alex started.

"I know. He fled in the confusion. He won't get far." Reina interrupted distractedly as she began to move Alex's jacket out of the way.

Alex couldn't help but chuckle, "He didn't." Scarlett seemed to be only one really listening as Reina and the healer were more concerned with Alex's injury. Alex shifted so that she was resting her back on the wall and tried to point with her injured arm back the way she came. Wincing slightly at the pain. However, her second seemed to get the message as Scarlett quickly rushed toward the back of the house.

"Your highness, perhaps it would be best if I could get close to the Warrior Princess in order to remove the bullet and bandage her wound." The healer spoke up soundly slightly frustrated at Reina's instance in helping at every stage.

"My mate," Reina growled softly. Rolling her eyes but smiling, Alex pulled Reina back with her good arm and shifted her weight onto Reina making it so that her protective Alpha mate had to focus on supporting her. The healer let out a small sigh of relief and returned to work on Alex's injury. However, when she moved to unbutton Alex's shirt Reina growled again.

"Calm down, Rei," Alex muttered softly kissing to the top of her mate's head. She didn't exactly like the idea of the healer seeing her torso either; but also, didn't want Reina attacking the healer for doing her job.

"How are you being so calm?" Reina asked softly as the healer began to clean Alex's shoulder with an alcohol wipe.

"After being torture with silver for a few month, most other forms of pain just kinda turn into a state of mind," Alex explained grunted slightly when the healer placed a pair of long nosed pilers in the bullet hole. After a moment, the healer placed the smashed and bloody bullet into a petri dish.

"Thankfully, it wasn't a silver bullet. There's no worries in regards to that. I'm just going to bandage your shoulder up and you should be just fine, your highness. Though I would suggest allowing Lady Morgana to examine your injury." The healer explained as she finished bandaging up Alex.

"Thank you," Alex said as Reina began buttoning her shirt back up. "You can return to anyone else who is injured."

"Actually, your highness, yours is this most severe injury that we have incurred."

Alex grunted in annoyance. "Damn lucky shot." Pausing, she continued, "it's good no one else got hurt but dammit I can't believe that idiot managed to hit me."

Scarlett spoke up, she had been back for a few moments, but didn't want to interrupt. "Storm's body has been secured. What are your orders to do with it?" Reina glanced at Alex, who nodded.

"Have it transported to the Royal morgue. My parents would want him autopsied and will make the final decision in regards to where he will be interred." Scarlett nodded and bowed before leaving to make sure Reina's orders were carried out. Reina then turned to the healer who was still standing nearby. "In the former Alpha's office there is a door that leads down to the cells. There should already be some soldiers there securing it. Go join them and treat any prisoners that are there." The healer bowed and left. Reina sighed and adjusted Alex's jacket, taking care of her injured shoulder. "I'm so glad you're ok." She murmured softly.

Alex wrapped her good arm around her mate. "Me too. And Storm is dead. Hopefully, this will allow more rogues to breathe a little easier and go to that outreach program your mom made." Reina nodded against Alex chest before stepping back and smacking Alex's good shoulder causing the other girl to yelp.

"That's for running off and getting hurt," Reina said before stepping up and kissing Alex. "That's for defeating the bad guy."

"You're sending me mixed messages," Alex smirked but before Reina could reply. Zee jogged up to them.

"Your highnesses, there's someone you should meet."

"Who?" Alex asked confused.

"It might be best if they explain themselves," Zee said. Exchanging a look, Reina and Alex moved to follow the enby werewolf.

A few moments later the were back outside heading toward a small group of former Royal Blood Pack members. There was only about four of them. The oldest of them appears to be in her mid-eighties, two looked to be in their early twenties as well as siblings, and the youngest appeared to be around eighteen months old. They were being guarded by a pair of Alpha Squad members. As Zee and the Princesses approached the elderly woman turned to greet them. Zee kept glancing at one of the girls who was holding the baby, but the girl never looked up.

"Hello, your highnesses," she greeted her voice rasping with age. Her eyes widened at the sight of Alex and she reached out and placed a hesitant wrinkled hand on her cheek. "You look just like Luna Macy though you have Alpha Liam's eyes."

Alex looked thunderstruck, "how do you know my parent's names? Did you know them?"

"Yes, dearie. My name is Gertrude. I was the eldest omega of Silver Claw pack. Of course, you're too young to remember me but I was your nanny after you were born. Macy and I were close friends. When we were attacked my mate and I tried to protect you. They found where we were hiding with you. My mate took you and ran away while I stayed to protect you. I never saw him again. I felt our bond break when he died..."

"I'm so sor..." Alex started but Gertrude stopped her with a gentle pat to the cheek.

"Don't be. You survived. That makes it all worth it. They," she indicated the rest of the rogue pack, "killed every one of higher rank than omega. Even the children. Alpha Markus," Gertrude looked as though the name left a bad taste in her mouth. "keep myself and some other omega children alive to work as slaves for his pack. I think the only reason he kept me alive was so that he could learn any secrets the pack held and to find out where you were."

"You don't have to call him Alpha," Alex growled. "He's dead." Gertrude nodded slightly.

"Why weren't you around when Alex was imprisoned here? And what about the baby? She's obviously too young to have been around then." Reina asked.

Gertrude sighed softly, "Monica was four when Markus attacked." She explained pointed to a red-haired omega who was holding the baby girl. Zee had been watching them throughout the conversation. "Nearly two and a half years ago, she was raped by one of Storm's cronies. Her twin, Andrew, and I worked to keep her hidden and away from the others until her child could be born. I was away helping her give birth and through the first couple months of little Layla's life. It wasn't until I returned that I heard of the rogue who escaped from Markus' clutches and even longer until I heard her description. It was first ray of hope I had in a long time as this rogue sounded almost like the spitting image of Liam and Macy."

"You're amazing," Reina said. "Most stories I've heard of when one mate dies the other dies soon after."

Gertrude smiled softly, "thank you, your highness. I desperately wanted to follow my dear mate, but I couldn't leave the others behind. Speaking of which, Princess Alex. Would you like to meet the last of the Silver Claw Pack?"

Alex just nodded mutely as Gertrude called to the other omegas and introduced them. Andrew smiled shyly at the Princesses as he was introduced. When Monica looked away from her baby, she met Zee's eyes.

"Mate," they murmured staring at Monica who blushed and held her baby protectively. Andrew tried to look protective over his sister but failed miserably due his shaking. Zee's features softened. "I won't hurt you. Any of you," they said looking between the baby Layla, who was thoroughly uninterested in the going's on, and Andrew. Scarlett approached the group, and soon as she was in speaking range.

"Reina, your orders are being carried out and...mate," she growled the last word when Andrew who had jumped and turned toward the new speaker met her eyes. Andrew glanced nervously at his sister who shrugged uncertainly. They both turned to Gertrude who smiled at them both.

"Why don't you two go with your mates," she paused and glancing uncertainly at Reina and Alex. "Of course, if thats ok with the princesses." Just then a low rumble was heard as several trucks and vans began pulling into the pack grounds.

"That's fine," Reina said. "But Zee put someone you trust in charge of organization the movement of everyone back to the Royal Pack." Zee bowed but still looked nervous about leaving their newly found mate.

"Don't worry," Alex assured them. "I'll make they're safe. After all they are also from my pack as well." Zee nodded and left quickly stalking towards werewolf who had been shouting orders as the vehicles began to park. Reina dismissed the guards who were still hovering nearby, ordering them instead help with loading of the vehicles. Scarlett took Andrew and Monica aside to talk to them leaving Alex and Reina alone with Gertrude.

"So, the entirety of the Silver Claw pack is down to five members," Alex murmured sadly. She looked at the elderly omega then looked around at the dilapidated packhouse. "What should we do with this place?"

"I'm sorry but you can't come back here and be its Alpha. You're needed as the Warrior Princess at the Royal Pack," Reina said softly.

Gertrude shook her head, "I don't know but trust me when I say that none of us want to live here anymore. Beside I doubt Monica's and Andrew's mates will be letting them out their sight anytime soon. I personally will go wherever you are Alexandra."

Alex smiled sadly before saying, "Please justcall me Alex." She sighed before turning toward Reina, "let's go home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.9K 33
{Edited 7/1/23} Kaya is 29 years old, she has lost all hope of ever finding her mate, she has become depressed, and she pushed everyone away. She has...
37.4K 1.1K 21
Cecilia Hamilton was the most resented princess in all of her kingdom. Born as the result of an affair between her mother and a poor farmer. She was...
421K 15.9K 29
After Luna ran away from home she finds herself in a new territory, a new school and with a new life. She finds out about her true self and eventuall...
1.1M 24.7K 31
"Who is she?" "Is that their daughter?" "Maybe she's our new queen" "She's so pretty." ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() "Good evening, My Queen." Th...