Twisted Bound

By LEEBEARR_

"He's just a friend." I whispered my heart beating wildly in my chest,"You call yourself my fiancé when you w... More

Cast and author's note.
Chapter-1 How it begins
Chapter-2 leaving everything behind
Chapter-3 Decision made
Chapter-4 welcome to his world
Chapter-5 The three musketeers
Chapter-6 First day in highschool
Chapter-7 He hates me
Chapter-8 One rule broken already
Chapter-9 First kiss
Chapter-10 There's no us
Chapter-11 Eyes on me
Chapter-12 Stephen
Chapter-13 A birthday gone wrong
Chapter-14 Brothers
Chapter-15 Dinner with his gang
Chapter-16 Drunken words
Chapter-17 Bruised and bloodied
Chapter-18 The fear
Chapter-19 Madrid
Chapter-20 Engagement party
Chapter-21 A soft side
Chapter-22 Zayn
chapter-23 Mariella
Chapter-24 The meeting
Chapter-25 Stalker
Chapter-26 Hate
Chapter-27 The bitter reality
Chapter-28 Adamos
Chapter-29 Moving on
Chapter-30 He's back
Chapter-31 Angelo's Truth
Chapter-33 Leading on
Chapter-34 She's back
Chapter-35 Burn
Chapter-36 The reason
Chapter-37 Confessions
Chapter-38 Break
Chapter-39 pain
Chapter- 40 awake
Chapter- 41 Love
Chapter-42 Fiancé
Chapter-43 Epilogue

Chapter-32 Future

6.8K 179 62
By LEEBEARR_

~I can't take back the past, but I can fight for the future~

Lily's pov

Everything around me felt bizarre as I stood rooted to my spot not moving a muscle. My lips quivered in the gloomy night, weeping not only for the crime that had taken place but for myself. My hands shook slightly as my gaze flew towards Angelo's bloodied body, eyes open, a look of mixed surprise and horror on his young face as he laid in a pool of darkening blood.

"Oh, baby." Hyperventilating, I snapped my head away from Angelo's body and towards Adam, eyes reflecting fear.

"S-stay away from me." I tried to warn but my voice only came out as a whimper. "You- killed him." My mind was overwhelmed with daze, trying to process the situation.

"I won't ever hurt you." He hissed through clenched teeth, his words were strong and held a promise. In just two long strides we were millimeters apart, I didn't move.

"Never again lily, I promise." He shook me by my forearms making my body jolt, dark eyes peering into mine with an unknown intensity and a promise. "It had to be done or else we both would've died." Realization struck my mind, Angelo was going to end my life, a person who I'd trusted was going to murder me in cold blood.

"Baby, breathe for m- for yourself." His calloused fingers shot towards my neck luring me back into his deep dark irises, as he nodded in encouragement. "Breathe." His hushed whisper sounded through my ears bringing me back from my stance while his other hand darted its way towards my lips, rubbing away the quivering.

I exhaled a deep breath my shaking fingers rising towards his thick bicep for support. "That's it, that's my good girl." He praised with a smile, however, his smile was strained as if he was hurting, breaking inside."Zoe, we have to find her." I panicked.

He didn't respond instead his strong fingers swept all the way to my cheeks wiping away the tears. "I'm sorry." He spoke and my jaw went slack.

Sorry? For what Adam? For ripping away my heart and its happiness or for killing Angelo?

What are you really sorry for Adam?

I decided not to speak on it. "I promise we'll find your friend, but for now we should leave." He stated with a slight hiss and instantly my gaze flew towards his abdomen as if deep inside a part of me knew he was hurt and I was right. Holding back a horrified gasp, I saw fresh blood oozing from it his now white shirt was ruined, covered in blood.

His blood.

"You're hurt! Are you in pain?" I asked assessing his injury, he shook his head mouth forming up in a smirk. "It's nothing I haven't dealt with before." He replied clearing his throat his eyes examining me with a deep intensity as if searching for an answer.

"Let's go." Adam didn't let me answer, he cradled me into his arms taking me by surprise."What are you doing? You're hurt." I said in an obvious tone my arms wrapping around his neck.

He smirked smugly quirking a dark brow my way, "And you care why?" I swallowed before shrugging. "I don't, but not everyone's like you." And he went silent.

"Why?" I pressed peeking at him through my hooded eyes. "I told you, I'll always be there to rescue you." Was his only response, so calm and collected. How could someone act so calm and collected after killing a person?

Then, he shoved my face into his neck and the usual midnight masculine scent entered my nostrils, this felt so right yet so wrong. My body moulded into his arms as if I was the only one who would ever fit into it. My heart was hammering against my chest and I was afraid that he'd hear it.

"Sleep princess, it's going to be a long ride." And just like that my vision blurred and I was out like a light.

My eyes fluttered open and I watched as Adam turned on his heel slamming the door shut before walking towards mine, I screw them shut before calming my breath pretending to be asleep. Ever so silently, he pulled the passenger door open before collecting my mere body into his.

Why? Was the only word lingering inside my mind. Why was he pretending again, did he want something from me?

What seemed like a minute he softly lowered my body on the couch before I heard a groaning sound and someone slumped right across me. Then, it hit me. He had been stabbed and just because of me!

Guilt seeped through my body and I sat up not wanting to drown in it. Adam, with his dress shirt, unbuttoned, head thrown back long lean legs clad in black slacks was slurping on his brandy. His Adam's apple bobbed up and down as he swallowed giving me the view of his chiseled jawline. His muscular toned body was glittering in the dark, despite the lack of light in the room.

What a dominating sight.

"Did I wake you?" Adam without turning to look at me questioned. With a slight shook of my head, I moved towards him. "Where are we?" His gaze returned to mine."This is Ivano's penthouse."

My mouth formed in an 'o' shape, examining his Injury again. I felt his eyes upon me as I did. "Go ahead." He narrowed his orbs head leaning back motioning me to bring the first aid, "Right there." He pointed towards the kitchen never lifting his gaze away as he did so.

Rolling my eyes, I rolled away and towards the kitchen.

"It hurts." My hands froze midway.

"Is it that deep?" I asked cringing slightly while taking out the Cotton balls. He shook his head negatively. "It hurts here." Adam pointed towards his heart circling the area with his fingers a spasm of pain visible on his features. My heart stopped as nervousness contorted me.

"Wha-t?" I managed to sputter out.

"Just come here." He demanded urging with his forefinger and something in me obeyed. "I thought you hated me, why are you helping me?"

I bit my tongue, smacking my lips together, and answered. "You got stabbed because of me and I think I have the right to help you." He smiled and my heart fluttered at the slight action. God, lily stop!

"Are you sure about that?" He husked peeking at me through his blue irises. "Y-ess." I huffed before dipping the cotton ball in the water and applying pressure to his wound trying my best not to get distracted by the muscles underneath.

Suddenly, his hand flew towards my face pushing back a tendril. "così prezioso." God, I had missed that accent.

(So precious.)

No! You haven't. My inner sense scoffed.

Nevertheless, I focused on dressing his wound, thank God the bleeding had stopped so there wasn't any need to second dress it. "Stop staring."

His eyes flashed mischievously as he raised a brow. "Who said I was staring, I'm admiring." How cheesy. "God, you're so annoying," I muttered under my breath sighing before moving away but stopped abruptly when his palm clasped around my wrist holding me back.

"Stay." The word felt foreign coming from his mouth. I pressed my lips in a thin grim line. Then he ever so softly said. "Please." Never once in my life, I've heard him say please.

He cleared his throat. "Just- lay with me." Adam was doing something strange to me and it didn't settle well within me. His grip tightened as if he was afraid to let go. Sighing, I rolled towards him eyes clashing together in an emotional battle before I nodded not trusting my mouth at the moment. Rough hands gently pushed me into their chest by my waist, slamming my head against his chest while my hands stayed rooted to their spot. His fingers threaded through my hair luring me to sleep again and I sighed in contentment with his scent overpowering my nostrils.

He bent his face down and pressed a kiss on my forehead before resting his's against mine with a tender sigh.

×

As my eyes flew open, they darted towards an arm draped across my waist cuddling me tightly against their chest as if I was a child. How did we get this way?

I rolled over, turning around to face him with my heart slamming against my chest. No doubt, he was so handsome as he slept. His features were softer in sleep, the usual glare replaced by a youthful appearance. That steady heart, those steady breaths made a weird feeling stir inside my belly.

Why was I feeling this way? I hated him!

Sighing to myself, I squirmed underneath his tight hold and my eyes widened as I recalled that I had lost my phone. I needed to contact Xavier or else he'd go crazy. That seemed to wake him up as he gave out a slight husky groan that made a shiver crawl down my spine.

"My love, what's so urgent?" He rasped running a hand through his disheveled locks messing them up even more. "I- I need your phone." I gathered myself trying not to get distracted by the close proximity.

He furrowed his eyebrows mouth tipping up in a cocky smirk. "If you want to check my phone there's no need to ask." I gasped in disbelief my palm colliding with his shoulder in a smack. "I don't need to check your phone and I don't want to! I just need it to make an urgent call!" I said through a hiss.

His eyes darkened but nevertheless, he pulled out his phone and extended it towards me. "Do it in front of me." I narrowed my brows. Definitely jealousy mode.

Shaking my head at his stupid assumptions I quickly made a call but it went straight to a voicemail, he's probably sleeping. "Hey Xavier, it's me. My phone died but don't worry about me I'm currently with-" I sucked in a breath when I felt a warm callous palm slid across the warm flesh of my waist tightening their hold.

My eyes grew large and I tossed him a glare. Clearing my throat I awkwardly said, "-Sorry, Zoe broke up with her boyfriend and you know how it goes with us girls, so I'll be home late see you." And then I hung up snapping my head towards Adam's direction pinning him with a glare full of annoyance, who in response just sheepishly stared back at me.

"There's no need to be jealous." I taunted flashing a smirk his way. "He better not have any feelings for you princess because-" The muscle in his jaw went prominent and with a devilish smirk upon his face, his fingers wrapped around my tiny wrist slamming me into his chest leaving us millimeters apart.

Then, the hard skin of his hands glided smoothly across my cleavage and I felt my nipples harden at just a slight impact. Breathing harshly I watched as he pressed firmly making me jolt and a moan parted out of my lips.

"Senti quel bambino? Il tuo corpo ha bisogno di me tanto quanto il mio. "

(Feel/hear that baby? Your body needs me just as much as mine)

It was visible in his eyes, he was consumed by lust.

Lust for me.

"Stop- it! What are you doing!" I scolded pushing his hand away but he didn't flinch instead he jerked my by my forearm crashing me against him.

"-You belong with me." He stated authoritatively accentuating each word and then his grip loosened rising up to his feet. "Freshen up baby, there's a bathroom down the hall." With that, he strode away leaving me flabbergasted.

Unbelievable!

When I walked down the hall and towards the kitchen, the smell of freshly cooked pancakes lingered in the air making my stomach grumble from the lack of food. There he sat sipping on his coffee and then our eyes connected as he heard me walking, the tension was indeed thick in the air. "Last time you didn't have breakfast with me but this time you can't leave." The arrogant tone was back.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course I can." He shook his head daring me. "Try your best, Because you don't even know where we are. This place is isolated." Sighing in defeat I just shoved the pancakes in my mouth.

"I want to leave." He grunted and shrugged. "Go ahead." I scowled before whining out a protest. "Adam I'm serious, I have to babysit. I don't want to get late."

"You can't just keep me locked here forever!"

He nodded. "Of course I can't, but I'm afraid-" he stopped abruptly as if fighting against an inner battle. "That you'll leave." His words make my breath halt and my heart squeezed in pain.

I took my bottom lip between my teeth gnawing on it nervously. "I'll leave any way you can't just kidnap me!" I shouted out in frustration clenching my temple.

"Princess, princess calm down I didn't kidnap you I saved your life." I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes. "Yeah right, thank you, Superman." I retorted back in a bratty tone battling my eyelashes.

His jaw twitched as he balled his fist before barking out a dark chuckle. "Don't provoke me lily or else I'll have to spank you into submission." My jaw dropped before I shrieked. "I-." Tongue-tied I didn't know what to say in response.

"Just leave me alone! I don't want anything to do with you!" I snapped regaining myself. "I can't." Was his only response. "Why?" I queried, I needed so desperately to know. Why wasn't he giving up? I thought this was what he wanted.

"Because I care for you okay!" He snapped back frustration coating his voice. Every muscle in my body tensed and my heartbeat grew overtaken by shock. "I want you and I'll get you." He sounded overly possessive and protective, words holding so much power and arrogance.

"Don't be so sure." I diverted my eyes fighting against my heart. No, I couldn't go back to him.

He gave out a defeated sigh? "Enzo- got shot and he's been asking for you." Instantly my hand flew to cover my mouth holding back an audible gasp. "What!?" A horrified shrill filtered through my lips.

"He was sent on a mission just recently but instead ended up getting shot, he's okay now he's a tough guy but he's on rest." He explained.

"Where is he? I need to see him." My heart yearned to meet Enzo, no matter how much I wanted to make my past disappear a part of me could never forget Enzo, Xander, and Elizus.

"My own personal house." I froze, realization pumping inside my chest as the memories came colliding in like a knife. Days, when Adam showed me his soft side. Was I ready to go back into that house?

Overcome your fears, Lil.

Inhaling sharply I nodded in response. "He misses you a lot- we all do." I mumbled out a 'yeah' tucking a lock behind my ear. "I think we should leave." My chest felt as if someone had stomped on it and heavy was my breathing.

Why are you acting this way, Adam?

Shaking my head silently I stalked towards the car wanting to escape his presence. "Wait!" He called out striding towards my direction, raising my brows I stared at him questioningly.

"From now on, I'll be the one opening your door and no one else." I drew back amused, Wow so he's a gentleman now?

He flew the door open gaze holding me captive gesturing me to slid in and watched as I did.

The ride back to his home was thankfully silent with me mostly lost in my thoughts, I couldn't help but feel there were so many things we wanted to scream at each other but instead kept it inside. His men clad in black tailored suites stood awaiting and as they saw our Range Rover approach they pushed the entrance door open. From the corner of my eye, I saw Adam toss them a nod in recognition. Without muttering a word I hurried away and towards his house but later halted in my steps taking in the surroundings.

"It's okay, Stella won't jump on you this time." Adam, as if hearing my thoughts answered for me. I plastered a blank look on my face shrugging. "I wish that I'd never had to come here."

With a scoff on his face, "But you did."

"Yeah, but only for Enzo, not you." I deadpanned in an obvious tone. " That'll change soon princess." He tossed me a playful smirk his eyes dancing.

"Just give up will you?" God, he was driving me nuts. "Give up?" His expression turned dreadfully blank as he whispered to himself while stalking towards me. "I won't give up on you ever." Each word held such dominance and confirmation, staring into the depths of my soul luring me in and the close proximity between us made me feel emotionally and physically connected to him.

"You're asking me to give up on my future. Tell me lily how can we survive if we give up on our future."

Then he ever so softly spoke fingers caressing my jaw. "Yes Lily, you are my past and my future something I can't get rid of easily." Breathless, I wasn't expecting him to come out this gentle, and about him being honest? Deep down a part of me knew it.

I bit the inside of my cheek holding back a smile that was aching to take place. No! Why the hell did I feel like smiling.

"We-" I gulped before mustering courage. "-should head inside." He nodded, his blank eyes darkening with an indescribable emotion, but why were they so dark now?

"Enzo!" I bolted rushing towards him, he laid on the bed toe wrapped around a thick white plaster with a scornful look on his face however when his gaze met mine a huge grin tackled his mouth as he opened his arms motioning a hug to which I gladly accepted. "Finally! I've missed you so much, Lil." I grinned back nodding.

"I'm so sorry for leaving like that-" he shushed me by planting his finger upon my lips. "Shh, it's okay I understand it's all my brother's fault." He admitted. "How did you get shot? It is that serious?" Enzo, with a light, shook of his head chuckled with humor.

"No honey, it's just a normal fracture. It'll be fine."

"Well, you better take care of yourself, mister, how about I make you a warm soup?" I suggested eyes expressing delight. "Oh, lily-" he sighed softly tossing me a grateful smile. "-always taking care of everyone."

"It's alright, Enzo plus you're family." Someone cleared their throat behind gaining my attention. Oh, for a moment I totally forgot about him. "My love, why don't you start preparing the soup? While I and Enzo discuss about an important matter."

He knew I'd object because he held out a palm silencing me as soon as my mouth opened. "It's about Zoe." His face was vivid and I immediately went stiff. God, I just hoped she was okay wherever she was.

"Yes lily, I heard what happened. I'm so pissed and I promise we'll find your friend." I mumbled out an 'ok' and faked a smile before rolling around to leave.

I made my way towards the kitchen but stopped abruptly when my eyes landed on Stella. She made a whining sound, wiggling her tail and scratching her paws against the wood as if ushering me to follow her. Something in me grew curious and I followed her. "Stella why'd you stop? There's nothing he-" My breath ceased, I crossed to the most vital part of the house, the fireplace that burned with black flames.

Above it stood a huge portrait, but not just a portrait. My eyes widened in shock and my jaw went agape.

It was a portrait of me.

Worth the wait sí? ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779K 18.3K 17
"How dare you!!" His stare and cold voice made me step back with fear scared of what he will do "You clumsy woman!! Keep those disgusting hands of yo...
58.4K 846 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
9.1K 210 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...
940K 18.5K 33
I was running...running endlessly trying to find the door in this long dark hallway At the end of the hallway i finally found the front door ' i fina...