Mr.Billionaire Meets Ms.Clumsy

By Just_SparkleBlue

"Watch where you're going!" A low voice shouted at me, looking at his stain shirt."Now, what I'm going to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Alternate Ending I
Alternate Ending II
Epilogue

Chapter 19

11K 448 14
By Just_SparkleBlue

Em, are you free?" Ana called.

"I'm sorry Ana, I got to do an interview with Christopher Evans." Emilyn packs all her things into my bag.

"Ooh," Ana exclaimed

"No, this is professional. No funny business."

"You are no fun." Ana groaned. "Where are you guys going?"

"To his race track."

"Ooh, the first place where you guys met."

"Ana, oh my god, stop. I don't want to remember the first time we met. Is embarrassing." Emilyn zipped up her bag.

"Emilyn, Christopher is here." Grandma Lou shout.

"Coming," Emilyn shout back. "I got to go, he's here."

"Go and get your man." Ana cheered.

"Ana." Emilyn groaned.

"Go and have fun," Ana said before they end the call. When Emilyn walks out of her room, Christopher and Grandma Lou were in the living room talking."I'm here," Emilyn announce. They both turn their head in her direction. "Are we going to go?"

"Yeah," Christopher replies. "I'll get going now, I'll visit you as soon as possible." He told Grandma Lou. Emilyn waves goodbye to her grandma and remind her to take her medicine before she left.

Christopher opens the passenger door for Emilyn "Thank you." Emilyn said sitting down on the passenger seat.

"Ready?" Christopher asked, once he got into the driver's seat and look at Emilyn.

Emilyn nod.

"So, is quite a long journey. Want to play our game?" Christopher suggests, his eyes are staring in front of the road.

"Sure, whose turn is it?" Emilyn asked, she watch the people outside the window passed by.

"Is my turn," Christopher answered.

"Alright," Emilyn replies. She waited in her seat for a while, but Christopher never says anything. She turns her head to face Christopher and said, "Hurry up, what's the question?"

"I have to think about it first," Christopher told her. "Okay, I got one." He said after a long time of thinking, "What is your favorite food?"

"Ooh, this is a hard one. I love all kinds of food, but if you want me to choose one. It has to be homemade pizza."

"Why homemade pizza? What's the difference between a regular pizza?" Christopher turns his head to face Emilyn before looking back on the road.

"Because if it's homemade I get to put how much toppings I desire and a generous amount of cheese," Emilyn explains. "Isn't it the best?" Christopher responds with a small 'mhmm', so Emilyn takes it as her turn.

 "Why were you so mean when we first met?" She asked

Christopher turns to look at Emilyn, before answering the question. "Because, if someone spills their drinks on you won't you be mad?" He turns his head back to face the road.

"True," Emilyn reply. "But you were mean, I even apologize. Also, you throw your shirt at me and ask me to clean it." Emilyn huffed. "And not to forget, you wrote your number on my arm with a permanent marker," She emphasizes. Christopher chuckles.

"But, see where it got us. You having to do an interview about me and us being friends. From enemies to friends, isn't that great." Christopher said."I don't know about it. You were pretty mean to me. I should think about this friendship thing." Emilyn tease.

"What?" Christopher turns to look at Emilyn when he stops at the red light. "After all this time and all the things I do for you..." Emilyn interrupts him, "To recall back my memory, you did buy me delicious lunch." she tapped her finger on her chin, "Okay, we still can remain as friends." Emilyn smiled at Christopher. Christopher can't help it to shake his head and grin as he drove. This girl has already captured his heart.

*** 

 "Here we are," Christopher said as they walked into his race track. "Remember that place." he pointed at the place where they first met.

"Stop, reminding me." Emilyn groaned. Christopher chuckles, he leads the way where the racer and employees are only allowed. They walked through a door, down the dimly lighted hallway. "You know this feels super creepy right now," Emilyn said.

"It feels like you are trying to kidnap me." Emilyn chuckles her voice waivers a little, as she tries to be cautious of her surrounding.

"Don't worry, I won't kidnap you. For now." Christopher said in a teasing voice, which makes her nerves ten times worse.

"Wow!" Emilyn exclaimed as soon as they made it to the end of the hallway. "It looks huge from down here." She turns around to capture the whole view.

"So where should we start the interview?" Christopher asked.

"Uhm...how about we start by taking some pictures," Emilyn suggest.

"Come with me," Christopher said and Emilyn follows him. He presses a button and the doors slide up. The door opens to a beautiful blue Mclaren 570s that she first saw at the race. "Beautiful right." Christopher walked around the car to the driver seat and start the engine. It let out such a beautiful roaring of the engine. Christopher asks her to move to the side to let his car out of the garage.

"So how do you want me to do this?" Christopher got out of his car, without turning off the engine.

"How about..." Emilyn thought for a while. "Why don't you pose anyhow you want to? I don't know about these things." Christopher understands and starts to lean his body on the car. His feet place firmly on the ground looking up into the air.

Emilyn captures it and he moves on to another pose. They ended the photo session with Christopher in the car. "Great, we got it." Emilyn gave him a smile and a thumbs-up as he got out of the car. 

Christopher hangs his arm over the top of his car and looks at Emilyn. "What?" She asked when she caught him staring at her. Her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

"Nothing." Christopher shakes his head with a small grin. "Want to see me drive around the race track?" Emilyn nods her head and he got in the car again. Then, Emilyn decides to climb up to one of the bleachers to take some shots. Christopher drove through the track with dust flying out of the tires. The track became dusty.

Once he stops at where he started, Emilyn got down from the bleachers. "That was amazing!" She praises him and Christopher gave a charming smile. That smile made her legs feel like jelly and butterflies flying around her stomach.

"So, we will start the interview part?" Emilyn asked. Christopher nods and sat on top of his hood. He pats the empty side of his hood. Emilyn went over and tried to sit her butt on top of the hood, but fail which makes her slides off the hood many times.

All of a sudden, she felt two arms on her waist lifting her. Looking up, she met with Christopher's face in front of her, he lifts her onto the hood of his car, "Thanks." Emilyn tugs her fallen hair onto her face behind her ear."Let's start the interview," Christopher said after placing himself next to Emilyn effortless.

Emilyn took out her tablet and voice recorder, "Why did you decide to race cars?" She asks the first question.

"That's an interesting question." Christopher thought for a while, "I guess I want to release my anger and stress. I was also introduced to racing at a young age and grew to love it."

"Next question, when did you decide to open this race track?"

"23, when I got my first pay."

"Wow, you have that amount of money to buy this whole place?" Emilyn asked

"Well, at first this land was some random plain land. As the years go by, I gradually build the structure, place the bleachers, and make the track.

"Wow, impressive." Emilyn praises him. "How do you prepare yourself for a competition?"

"Before the competition, I'll grab some snacks and I'll listen to some rock music to hype myself up.

Emilyn nod. "Last two questions. Describe 3 things about yourself and any wise words?"

"Hmm." Christopher rubs his chin with his finger. "If I got to describe myself it will be handsome, funny, and ambitious." Emilyn laugh. "What?" She shakes her head gesturing for him to continue. "As for the wise words, it will be; do what you love and work hard on it. You'll never achieve it if you don't work on it."

"Okay that's the end of the interview, thank you, Mr Christopher Evans." Emilyn smiled at him and keep her things in the bag.

"Since you have finished with your work, want to try to drive on the race track?" Christopher asked.

"I-uhmm...I don't think I can." Emilyn looked down, swinging her legs back and forth.

"Come on, give it a try. You won't know if you can do it if you don't try." Emiyln looks back up, still unsure about the suggestion. "Come on, I'll be in there with you. You'll be safe. trust me."

Emilyn takes a deep breath before answering him, "Let's do it."

"Great." Christopher clapped his hand together and slide down the car hood. She begins to slides down the hood too. Unexpectedly, his hands circle around her waist and lift her from the hood. Emilyn got startled by his action once again. "Thanks," Emilyn said as he places her down.

Emilyn opens the driver seat and sat down, trying to make herself comfortable in the seats. Is not that hard to get comfortable in it. The seats are so comfortable.

"Okay, let me explain to you." Christopher got into the passenger seat. "Have you driven a car before? Emilyn nods her head. "Have you driven a stick shift before?" She shook her head no. "That's fine, I can teach you," Christopher said.

"First thing to know is which pedal is which. The one starting on the left is the clutch, next is the brake and the last one is your gas pedal or accelerator. Christopher pointed to each pedal. "Next is your stick shift, it is to change your gear if you want to go faster or slower." He shows Emilyn what are the gears.

"Now I'll teach you how to start the engine. Press the clutch with your left foot." Emilyn places her foot at the pedal toward the left. "press it harder, make sure it reaches the floor. Now, you have to make sure the emergency brake is down and the shift is in neutral." Christopher pulls the gear to neutral and pulls the emergency brake down for me. "So, now you can turn the ignition key. Make sure your foot is still on the clutch." Emilyn makes sure her feet are still on the clutch and turn the ignition key. The car's engine starts roaring powerfully.

Now gently release the clutch." He explains. "Now, place your right foot on the brake which is the middle." Emilyn did exactly what he told her. "Now shift the gear to first." She grabs the gear and moves it to one. "There you go. Now, you can slowly release the brake and you will feel it moving a little." Emilyn lifts her leg slowly from the brake and the car moves.

"It moves," Emilyn shouted.

Christopher chuckles, "Now, you can put slight pressure on the clutch. The car will move forward. Use your left foot." He instructed. Then you gently release the clutch and begin to use your right foot to press on the accelerator."

Emilyn releases the clutch slowly and presses on the accelerator. The car moves out from the side where Christopher has parked his car. "I'm doing it," Emilyn said, shockingly. The car moves but slowly until she got out into the race track.

"Good job." He said. "If you want to shift gear, take your foot off the accelerator and place your foot on the clutch then change your gear. After changing your gear, you place your foot on the accelerator again."Emilyn nod. Once she changes it to second gear the car accelerates faster than before. "Christopher, there's a turn what should I do?" Emilyn was fretting.

"I got you. Change your gear to one and press the brake slowly." He said. I tried to follow his instruction but was a little late for the turn. "Christopher!" She shouted Christopher quickly help her change the gear and she presses on the brake. It was a quite tight turn because Emilyn was going too fast for the turn.

Emilyn hit the brakes and the car slowly comes to an abrupt stop. "Are you okay?" Christopher asked, Emilyn place her hand on her heart, breathing heavily.

"I'm fine." Emilyn breathes slowly, trying to keep her heartbeat at a slower pace. "Thanks."

"Do you want to try again?" He asked.

"I-I, yes," Emilyn answer.

"This time I'll help you change the gear okay? You can focus only on the pedal." Christopher said. "I'll tell you when to place your foot on the clutch." Emilyn nod.

Emilyn slowly let go of the brake and press the accelerator again. Christopher lets her drive one round around the track. Only with the gear in the first position to familiarize herself with the track. After the first round, he increased the gear.

"Put your foot on the clutch," Christopher said and change the gear. Then, Emilyn quickly places it on the accelerator. Emilyn knows it is only the second gear but she feels that she's going really fast.

 Once they are at the turn again, Christopher changes the gear to one and she made the turn smoothly. They stop at the beginning of the track and put the gear to neutral and pull the emergency brake.

"So, how did you feel after this lap?" Christopher asked.

"Awesome, thanks for helping me." Emilyn smile brightly, feeling proud of herself.

"No problem." Christopher gave her a toothy smile. "Would you want me to drive it? I can show you how fast I go during the competition." He suggests.

Emilyn nods, getting out of the driver seat and sat down on the passenger seat. "Fasten your seat belt and hold on tight." He smirks. Without warning he starts, they are going really fast. Emilyn have to hold on to the handle of the car tightly so that she doesn't fall out.

"You can open your eyes now." Christopher chuckles. Emilyn slowly opens her eyes and saw that they are back at the beginning.

"I don't want to do that ever again," Emilyn said, shaking her head. "I thought I'm going to fall out of the car." Christopher laughs. They exit the car and two figures walk down the bleachers clapping their hands.

A/N: Hey, hey my fellow readers. Thank you for reading up until this chapter. Here's another chapter for you guys today. What do you think about this chapter? Three new characters will be around as much as possible.

For your information, shift stick cars/manual cars aren't my forte. I only drive an auto car/ car without a stick shift. So, I hope that the instruction that Christopher gave Emilyn is sort of right. I learn it from google, hope is right. If any of you is a pro shift stick/manual car, tell me what I did wrong and I am sorry in advance.

As always, comment and vote. I'll appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3M 450K 62
"Feel that?" He asked, keeping her hand still. "That's what you do to me. Every time I see you. Every time I hear you laugh. Every time I think of yo...
3.1M 74.8K 67
#1 in Romance (This is the first book of MR. BILLIONAIRE SERIES) Emily Evans is a young, smart, beautiful, independent, and stubborn woman. Due to so...
3M 114K 39
Gwen Carter, the top of the food chain. A billionaire who owns the world. No one knows, who she is or where she comes from. All they know is if you m...
1M 35.6K 48
Second Love previously known as Billionaire's LOVE or OBSESSION Ranked #80 in Romance on [28.09.17] Ranked #88 in Romance on [24.09.17] Ranked #93...