Chapter 42

"Let's eat." His mum said. "Emilyn, don't be shy. Just take whatever you want." Emilyn gave her a small smile and nod.

"This is good, you should try." Christopher put food onto her plate. He kept filling her plate up.

"Rist, I can't eat this much." Emilyn stops him.

"If you cannot then just give it to me, I want you to try everything." He said. Emilyn has no choice but to take a bite on every single thing.

"So, Emilyn what do you do?" His mum asks. "We didn't get to know each other much at the wedding.

"I am working for a magazine company. We do travel, lifestyle, and some other topics."

"What's your company name?" The bride who was at the wedding asked.

"Is livin real."

"Oh, so you wrote about Christopher."

"Yeah, that's how we met. One part of it." Emilyn chuckle.

"Can you let her eat first then ask the questions?" Christopher said.

"Don't be so uptight, we just want to get to know her better." That girl stuck her tongue out. "Hi, I'm Sera. I hope you remember."

Emilyn nod.

After dinner, they gather around the living room and Christopher's sister-in-law asked her some questions about her life. "Is she all better now?" Sera asks.

"Yeah, she got discharged from the hospital last week," Emilyn said.

"That's good." She said. Emilyn looks around to find Christopher but he was nowhere to be found. In the beginning, he places her down on the couch and then disappears.

"Em, can you lift me up? I want to sit with you." Lucy asked. Emilyn smiles and lift her onto her lap.

"Looks like she took a liking to you," Olivia said bouncing Luca on her lap. "Can I make an appointment with you to babysit her sometimes?"

"Sure, I won't mind," Emilyn said.

Someone coughs and they stop, turning their heads to the left. "ladies, I would like to speak to her for a moment." His dad said.

"Uhm..." Emilyn stood up and follow him upstairs to his office.

"Please take a seat." She pulls out the seat in front of the table. "Ms Walker is it?" He took out a file.

"Yes?" Emilyn scrunched her eyebrows seeing him pulling a file.

"You graduated from a local college, not even NYU, started working in a magazine company for two years, and still a coffee girl. But just release an article about my son. Your grandma is diagnosed with liver cancer." He said. Emilyn eyes widened and mouth agape, "how does he know this?" Emilyn said in her head.

"You need the money to cover the medical fees of your grandma, right?" Emilyn nod. "I'll propose you a proposal, here is 15,000 dollars." He slides the check towards her.  "Take this and leave my son."

"What?" Emilyn asked in shock.

"You need the money and I don't think your job can cover it." Emilyn scrunches her eyebrows.