The Violet Mermaid - The Merm...

By legendaryfever

Mother once told me before she was banished, "You have to be strong, My Love. You will face great challenges... More

Characters & More
Prologue
Chapter 1: A Strange Sensation
Chapter 2: A Promise
Chapter 3: Unrecognizable
Chapter 4: Sea Wishes
Chapter 5: Mermaid Spells
Chapter 6: Midnight Sailing
Chapter 7: Envy Uprising
Chapter 8: Daemon Sea Spirits
Chapter 9: Rescue Mission
Chapter 10: The Red Herring
Chapter 11: Sweet Innocence
Chapter 12: A Declaration of War
Chapter 13: Cafeteria Serving: Free Water Whips...Eat One, Get Two Attacking You
Chapter 14: "You can't Just go up to Someone and Ask are you a Mermaid?"
Chapter 15: You Hate her too, Let's become Friends
Chapter 16: This is suppose to be sad, why?
Chapter 17: I want to give you a present, a tsunami just for you
Chapter 18: Pacific Pure Water? You got to try some.
Chapter 19: Would you give up your humanity, for a secret you yearn to know
Chapter 20: A Festival celebrating the Season of Winter
*~🎂Bonus Chapter🎂~*
Chapter 21: If he looked right in from of him, he will realize who he is missing
Chapter 22: Newcomer Student Bursting Trouble
Chapter 23: Unfortunately I am stuck with stupid...wait idiot fits him more
Chapter 24: Double Bubble Trouble, Break up Heart Break & Kisses of the Jealous
Chapter 25: A demon? Okay...they must of lost it
Chapter 26: Make up by Partying & bring Mivozene because that is a good idea
Chapter 27: Why you should never use Blackmail.
Chapter 28: Summer break equals no school? Yeah baby
Chapter 29: Winter in December, how odd.
Chapter 30: Spending too much time with you made me realize something greater
Chapter 31: I did not want to walk in to that
Chapter 32: I know it is true, but I can't help but still want to be with you.
Chapter 33: Running away lets them win
Chapter 34: Dinner with friends and the older human, Somebody please save me
Chapter 35: New Year's Kisses, New Year Wishes
Chapter 36: Mivozene I am the next ruler of Pacific, am I mistaken?
Chapter 37: It is always the butler
Chapter: 38 Maybe I should just say this entire time it was Mira who...
Chapter 39: Why you should never pick out a gift with Melody
Chapter 40: But what is worst: Dark Sea Spirit Demons or Researchers?
Chapter 41: Malseania getting involved? Did I mention how much I hate her?
Chapter 42: You are Drowning and Dead Now, right?
Chapter 43: Hidden into the sea...
Chapter 44: My heart stops for you
Chapter 45: How to ask a question that relates to Education
Chapter 46: Nah both you and Seivon fit that description of stupid more
Chapter 48: All My Fault
Chapter 49: By leaving she hurt me more
Epilogue
T.A.L. (The Atlantic Legend)
Bonus chapter/Scene #1
Bonus Chapter/Scene #2
Bonus Chapter/Scene #3
Bonus Chapter/Scene #4
Bonus Chapter/Scene # 5
Another Special Chapter and its 1 year anniversary cuz' Why not
**I'm entering the Wattys - Fantasy**

Chapter 47: If you could see them one last time, would you do it?

5 1 0
By legendaryfever

The truth of everything slowly becomes revealed and you hate yourself for not knowing.  You wish you paid more attention and picked up on the little details.  Because now it's too late and you know, but also knowing made you realize nobody trusted you enough to tell you.

Miracine Seaton

       "What if you could see them one last time?" He gasped.

       "What...What do you mean?" He stared at me with a confused expression and was in shock from my question.

       "If you could see them one last time, would you do it?" I looked at him with concern.
       He was unsure what to say and probably did not understand why I was asking. I could help him. I could make it all better with me here it will be.

        "It does not matter, they are gone." Most would believe they are gone and there no way to see them, but it is wrong.
        Their spirit lives with the sea, their body sleeps with the sea. Deep down resting on the bank of a sunken ship that those who not of the sea cannot get to.

        "Yes, but I can show you where they lie in the seas." His head perked up.

       "You seen them before?" His eyebrows shot up. Well that is a hard question to answer, and hard like difficult to answer.

       "No...Not specifically." I shook my head,
      "I just been there before and I seen random humans who drowned in the ocean before. And I could be able to allow you to see them by letting you breathe with the sea. Anyone who life is taken by the ocean still lives in a way. Their spirit lives with the sea, and their body sleeps with the sea."

        "You can do that?" He was seemly interested. I nodded.

        "Come." I drag his arm leading to the water's side and cupped water with my hands. "My pendant." I demanded.

       "This is safe, right?" I nodded my head as I watch him untie my pendant from his neck. My pendant on him, makes him even more desirable.
      The violet-marine crystal that is tied around silver water or what humans may call a string.

    "Miza's parents done it." I told him, "Trust me."

      "I trust you." He held out my pendant and then I thought of the water and breathing and how I breathed.

     "Breathe. Now come on, you will not drown. It last for a few hours so it will be fine. And if you cannot, tell me immediately. I will make sure that you get to safety. And if it is too cold for your too sensible human flesh, tell me." He nodded and we braced ourselves.
     If this works maybe everything will be all better. Maybe I could finally stay with him until...

     "What about..." I stopped him with my hand.

      "It will be fine. Like you once said long ago, do not worry."  I gave him a smile.

      "I won't as long as you are okay." Me? I raised my eyebrows. Why is he worried about me?

      "Why are you worried about me, when it is yourself you should be concerned about?" He shook his head frowning.

    "Now...that is what I really hate." He looked down. "How you always worry about me and it is I who should be worrying and protecting you. Not the other way around.... Angelfish."
     And then I could not take him seriously with that stupid nickname.

      "I had you until you said angelfish." I frowned. I'm not a fish. I'm not a fish.

      "Well I did not say anything afterwards...Angelfish, and Angelfish this time I want it to be me who helps and protects you. Let me do that for you, won't you, Angelfish?" He pressed his palm on my cheek, caressing so softly.
    "Angelfish?" I'm not a....I hope he never stops calling me that

     "Alright... I promise." I closed my eyes and this promise I will keep. I wonder in two weeks when I have to leave will he be okay alone? Will he be alright? Maybe he can come with me?

     "So where is it again...?" He said out loud.

     "You mean you do not remember?" He shook his head as I gave him my pendant back.

     "Was I suppose to know as far and remember? You know I thought I was gonna die...." He trailed off.
      "And I kinda hope someway I would live." He knew I would come? We are destined!

      "Well then again you were unconscious, so you probably do not remember the direction you came from. I will tell you this: it is a little ways from here." He took off his shirt with one pull and smiled at me. I blinked. I seen him shirtless before, like at night..
      At night I sighed thinking of those times when it was just us two sleeping with each other with how we had fun with each other's company.
      But this was way different, I could see him clearly and his tanned chest stood out more than anything with my pendant hanging loosely around his neck. I held my hand in his and then together we jumped into the sea.

      I laughed with the sea floating and swimming around. 'Look! Come on!' I saw him holding his breath and I shook my head. He still thinks he going to drown. 'Whistle or breathe and think what you want to say.'

       'Ang- I... I am not drowning. You are right! You..We should of done this sooner.' I laughed swimming around us.

      'Come with me...Dance and sea the fish swim and play.'

      'When you say fish do you mean you?' I stared at him gaping. I am not a fish.

    'Seivon, I am not a fish! Mermaids are merphans and merphans are not fish. And closest human word to merphans is sea beings. And what Atlantic's butler, Miza said was false.' I exclaimed as fish surrounded me in concern.

      'The fish.. I never seen them this close before. There so colorful and...I am probably the only person who seen this.' He then realized something and stopped.
      'Oh yeah were is it?' I waved my arm to tell him to follow.

      'This way... I will show you and then you can finally see them once more." I waved him over,
      'You can finally speak to their spirit and see their bodies resting in peace and I hope that they make you finally feel at piece and grieve. I want to help. This is my fault and I want it to be all better.'

     'No....it is not....your fault. It was bound to happen.'

     'Seivon...It is. I blame myself. If I stopped my brother and never did it you would be alright and happy living with them.'

     'Who says I am not happy? I am with you...And if that never happened then I would be forever searching wondering what it would be like. No one else compares to how I feel about you.' I felt my breath thicken.
      He too sweet and I honestly do not deserve him.

      'You...Seivon I do not deserve this. Everything you do is just so perfect and everything I do is so unperfect. Everything I've done then in the past  cannot be forgiven but still I must try to do things to redeem myself to you.'

    'But Mira... You don't need to be redeemed. You are already perfect how you are and nothing about you I want to change.' He brushed his hand to the side of my cheek.

      I tilt my head to the side saying, 'Really?'

      'Yeah...You are everything to me. Everything of who I am is because of you. If something happened to you I would not know what I'll do. By ourselves we aren't perfect, but together we are perfect, completing each other.' I stared at him.
      If I was not in water I knew I would be tearing up. Those words were just so beautiful.

      'BeAUTIFul!' I sighed. So beautiful indeed.

      'What? You know I cannot understand you when you speak mermaid.' He made a puzzling expression.

      'The correct word would be merphan or in an actual word you speak....sea language I guess?' I shrugged.
     Just then I saw a familiar tail I thought I would never see again. The last time I saw her was four years ago. Excitement filled me as I shouted, 'Saya! Keyka Saya! Keyka'

      Saya instantly looked at me and waved. She came diving towards us chattering as she swam. I smiled at Seivon who seemed confused. He was honestly always confused. 'Saya?' He looked towards me.

     'You... do not remember, do you?' He shook his head.

    'I...I'm not sure?'

    'Four years ago?' I smiled lightly remembering the memory. I felt scared, but once I knew he was safe, the memory washed over me like a lullaby from an ocean's dream or should I say a mermaid's dream.
     'Come on, you really think I carried you by myself?' Silly human.

     His mouth made a shape of an o and laughed, 'That makes sense, I just never thought of it.... I was kinda distracted.... on other things.' I grinned knowing he was referring to me.
      Saya swam in circles around us making me smile and Seivon laugh.

     'Distracted...' I laughed, 'I could wonder on who?'

      'Oh only wondering how I survived that was...I think that was it.' I nudged him, frowning.
      'I think there might of been something else...But I don't seem to remember.'

       'I beg to differ! Seivon!' I glared at him playfully.
    I knew he was kidding, I hope.

       'Well now that I think about it there was an amazing, beautiful violet hair girl whose voice I thought was an angel as if someone from the skies above descended just to save me. But since you came from the sea, you are an angelfish.' I sighed.
      This humanic. See what I have to deal with. But it is sweet.

      I watched Saya nuzzle against Seivon. I could not help but awww. I was in awe. He smiled genuine as he pat her softly. I sneaked up behind Seivon and wrapped my arms around his chest.
     'Seivon...I love you.'

     'Why are you saying that like we are going to never see each other again after this or die?' I was hoping for a "love you" too, but I got this.

     'What? Oh please I do not want us to die. I did not think that was going to happen I just wanted to say it.'
   And I love you too much for that.

    'Angelfish, I love you too.' And there it was. The "I love you too," I was waiting for.
     '....Angelfish.' I stared at him and gave him a look.

~~~

     'Seivon...We are here.' My eyes widened. I have not been here in awhile. It is still beautiful and ancient with the bodies that are still there and how death is leaking in the place.
      It still looked elegant but sunken. Riches, treasure, and many other things of the patients' items still remained.

      'Even if I was not able to come with you, I was going to ask you to bring me a picture...' Picture? Why?
     'Many times I thought about it. This one picture of us. It was the last one together. My sister, me, and my parents... But it mattered because it was taken somewhere special...'
     I watched him in awe.

     'They mean a lot to you. Your parents and your sister and anyone else you care about.' I nuzzled his arm.

      'Of course I hate for anything to happen to people I care about.' He exclaimed.  I smiled shyly as I found an entrance. It was small, but it worked.
       As we both went inside, but I could not help but feel as if we were being watched. It was like a beep that was going off as we swam inside, but it was probably nothing.

      'It looks so elegant like for royals or people filled with money. It looked like it was expensive.' I observed looking around.
      It was like those hotels you go to because you just want to go to pretty hotels. It was that quality, expensive looking, and just beautiful as if you were a queen of a thousand worlds.

     'Yeah it was very expensive, the cost to be there and the designing to make it. It was around forty point seven hundred twelve million and about hundred thousand to have a room.' The numbers were so exact.

      'How did you know that?' I widen my eyes, 'You're rich?!"

      He shook his head. 'My parents were in charge of the designing and the voyage itself.' My eyes widened. His parents' names Ettias and Merian Rivers. That is why it sounded familiar.  Their names been bothering me ever since I heard them. And this is why, the boat had their names everywhere.
     It was named after Merian Rivers. It all makes sense. His family was in charge of it and that is why Seivon, Melody, and Ashton were the youngest people there with everyone else being decades older.

      'Oh...' I whispered.

     'It was just as I remembered it....' He trailed off sadly. His express showed sorrow and if we were not underwater he be in tears, I could just tell.
      'The silver and rose tiles look similar except now it looks water downed and crushes beneath the sea. The doors are either too tight to be opened or they are opened and can never be closed... But it does seem the doors have holes in them as if someone went looking through them all.' Someone went through them all?
     Was it a sea animal or maybe a-- No it would most likely be mermaids who are in charge of shipwrecks and getting items out of there that may involve revealing our existence. Currents of water flowed past us and bubbles sprouted from certain places in the ground. Young and small fish flowed all around the growing sea plants on the ship.

       'It is like there home now...The fish and everything else.' I sighed.

       'Yeah...But I am a bit confused. Are you saying one day you are going to live here?' I groaned. The fish joke will never get old to any of them. I am not a fish. I am not a fish. I am a mermaid with tails and scales.
       I breathe through gills and I have flippers between my fingers. And if I want to I can make extra fins appear on me along with scaling my entire face.

      Just then I noticed something. It was quite odd really. Some faint papers on the ground. I swam ahead of Seivon and peered down on it. 'What is this?' It was really hard to make out, but it looked like something that did not belong there. It was as if someone was trying to remove it, but it feel from their arms.
       'Wh.t .e ..ow .bo.t M..m..ds' I read. It was too hard to make out. 'Exi..ed f.r aw..le ..t er..ed o.r me..r..s Mon..ters .f ..ean .nd .he sea' I rubbed my eyes from squinting too hard from trying to read it.

        'Someone obviously left something important here. You said you've been here before? Did you see that there last time? And are you saying someone put it there.' Someone?
      Either a council member or my brother...

      'It probably originally came from one of the rooms, but a mermaid probably saw it had something relating to us and took it.'

       'You mean someone realized?' I shook my head. It could not be that.

       'Not necessary. It was more likely that it had to do with the sea or someone who descended from the ones whose memories were not erased. If only I could make it out.'

        'Look, it is still there!' He points to a door I assume was either his, his parents, or one of his friends'. But it was shut closed without any holes.
         That is odd, usually most have holes into them for when mermaids checked all the rooms out.

        'Yeah, but I am a bit confused.' He noticed my expression and looked surprised.

       'Hm?' He faced me, 'How come?'

        'Most are either closed doored with holes or open doored. But that room is not. Something up with that and as far as I know they usually go through all the rooms.
       That is just strange.' He nodded his head, but I am not sure if he is following.

      'It's locked.' He notices after the door refuses to open. But Seivon refuses to gives up and tries sliding the door, pulling it towards him, and pulling it away from him.
      'Was this all for nothing...' He sighed. I wanted to see too. I was going to help him.

        'Swim a little ways back. At this rate...' I eyed his failed attempts to open it. '..You are going to break it.'

      'That is the point. To break it open. What is your idea?' He finally swam a back a bit.
       I was ready to break it down. I saw he made some progress, but it still would not budge. I slammed myself into the door.

      'Ugh...This' I slammed into it again. 'impregnable...' I tried pressing my arms into the unbudging door to try to get it to open, but it did not work either. 'door....that...' I used everything I could think of.
      My entire body, the currents, my arms, fins, but no it decided it did not want to be opened. Seivon looked almost worried for me as he had his hand out and facing upward towards me.

      'Mira... It is fine. Calm down.' Calm? He does not think I am calm? I am calm.
     So calm and confident that this door will break into millions of glass shards in an ocean of the sea.

      Let the sea come. I thought. Let the water current fill me. Let me control the water and have the door broken into thousands of pieces that will drown throughout the ocean.
     'Look!' There was a massive crack and if I could just push it a little.... then there be a hole big enough so we could get in and out.

Crack!

       'Angelfish! You did it...That is.....great.' But he sounded a little breathless. His air?
      It has been at least an hour...if not two.

     'Come on quickly...' I told him, 'I do not know how long you have.'

    'Yeah it is getting a little harder to breathe.' He told me honestly,
    'Too bad it's not permanent. It is so beautiful down here.'

     'I know.'

      'Wow...' He looked at the room. It was filled with papers and pictures and clothes. Journals, what seemed like important information, envelopes, but all things seemed untouched.
      Seivon was looking through papers probably trying to find that on picture while curiosity got to me. I was looking through some random files or papers. There were just random notes about things relating to what they did. His parents, they were a scientist and an engineer.
      It was not until I noticed a strange journal named Forgotten Memories. It had several entries and I opened it to the first one.

2014, June 17

        There is not an explanation for it at all. It must be fake, but my ancestors always said they were out there. Was it all a lie? It cannot. I always thought those assumptions seemed too bizarre to just make all those stories up. They had to be speaking the truth. Mother said it was real and saw the truth. Her father and his uncle and his father even saw it. It started thousands of generations ago when they saw it.
        But our ancestors always said it ruined everyone they knew. Great great great great great gran gran ma' was the first. She remembered something when no one else did for two generations and sought the truth. She did it. Starting now I am going to finish what my farthest ancestor wanted.
       To avenge their friends. No one else did it. To study and find the correct information to show proof of the forgotten memories. To preform tests and much more. I will prove it and then pass my research to my family and it will continue forever until we have enough to show proof.

2014, June 30

        It was a warm summer morning of Francis. I am away from my family for this day. There was something odd going on in this place. Journalist always site and tell every single detail of what is going on and every single thought you have. I was walking along the pavement near the office. You know the the stoned pavement with railings and the great river to the left that connects to the ocean.  A friend of mine had a suggestion about a rod.
      That was what I walked to do. I leaned over the water. It was clear and the sun shined through the water quite well and there were many fish in it. I fished all day and caught massive amounts. It was not until the evening sun set when I saw something odd. My fish, my beautiful fish I caught just disappeared. Now why would my fish disappear?  Did a youngster snatch it up?
       I know Seivon used to steal things of his sister's all the time. He would run away with any coin or favorite item of hers. She always screamed in rage and when she came to confront her brother he was grinning innocently and showed he didn't have it. He always gave it to that Ashton or Melody girl to hide it. But these fish would not interest any children. Most would think they smelled or something.  I glanced at the water and saw a big splash. It got me from all the way up on this railing.
       It was a mighty fish with tail so big I could not even see its head. I just saw its fin and its flippers. It was huge, big as a shark, dolphin, or whale. But when it swam off, it did not swim like a normal creature either. I sped off with a giant trail of bubbles following. It was fast as a small boat that has an engine. It could not be a fish, but whatever it was I knew it was from the sea and one of its secret monsters.

2014, July 8

       After the mysterious sea monster, I got many gear and tools to find it again and record it. It was my last day here and I had to see it once more. I needed to know what it was that stole my fish. It had to. Some big creature that just comes up and disappears. That doesn't happen every day and for no reason. It was there for the fish. I have a hunch it hated that I caught those fish. I was actually gonna wash them off for dinner, but I settled with some homemade soup. I brought my rod again and my camera and my recording and my sound device.
      It is great I am married to someone who can get equipment and devices from their job. I got everything set up. I made sure everything would be innocently sent to my phone and computer. So all morning I fished. Big fish, small ones, baby ones. I got them all. I even placed a small camera on one. Then the sunset and I got a special eye on my fish, but suddenly a line of liquid was surrounding them. It was preposterous.
     Water does not just move fish and take it into the sea. This thing was a monster that could move fish. It wrapped water around them and splash down they went. I looked down and it was not a giant whale, shark, or dolphin. I found my results for proof. They were sea monsters and I was going to capture them and show the world of our forgotten memories.
      I had pictures of what they looked like, I had sounds of what they sounded like, and I had videos of how they moved. When I go back to Wellington at my other house, I will plan a small crew and we will find them and where they live.

2015, March 27

       The crew was ready. The boat was ready. The tanks were ready. Everything was ready. Now we just needed to capture some of them. A young one would be the preference, but the more the better. I would just make sure to do the young one myself. That one would stay alive, the others we would cut up and experiment with their bodies.

2015, July 15

       The crew and I were in the pacific ocean. There been noted for some big strange fish here and hopefully we would get them. We got everything that would draw them in. It would be perfect. We got our gear on and set out the traps and everything we would need and waited. Nothing happened for awhile and awhile. Then what was after many long days and nights, we got pictures.
      Many were there and trapped. Several of them. Then we sprayed something all over them to make them unconscious. It was perfect we were now carrying them and we even got one youngish one. He seemed the one that fought the most saying completely nonsense. And when we sprayed the sleeping powder on them, he struggled the most until his body took over.
      He was interesting with hair color of the deep sea and eyes as if they were some kind of creature. He was cold and one of the coldest things I felt. How cruel. These monsters live in the coldest part of the sea. We took them back to the lab to experiment on them.

2015, August 9

       The creatures were like any we ever seen or act. They spoke like a foreign language but could understand what we were saying and hated us. They were really disrespectful. The rudest one of all was the young one. But he the one we had to keep alive. Most ended up accidentally dying from putting something in them they would not tolerate. Their bodies were incredible able to withstand so much more tolerance than people.
       Even the insides of them were editable to eat. It did not kill us and they taste surprisingly good. We wanted to eat more but then we realized we were to learn about them. We took several pictures and notes. I noted everything I did and will put it in the back of this journal. And the young one would be natural, not doing a thing to it. One evening after seeing the young one in its cage, I went out the door to get something to look at the marks all over him.
       I was going to be right back so I didn't lock it. But when I came back he was gone. I didn't know how he did it. But he left and then I saw him out running away. He was quite wobbly, but he looked like a person, except without any clothes or other garments. He jumped in the water and swam to two others. But he would not get away that easily. I jumped in afterwards. And the two that were there seemed to be telling him to go leave.
       They were protecting him as if he was their young. But I was smarter than that. I brought something that would hurt them. Their eyes slowly closed and they struggled as if the breath was getting sucked out of them. They said something to cause the young to run off. They died right there. But they were just creatures. There seem to be tons of them. Unfortunately, the young got away in the end. It saddened me deeply.
       But afterwards I knew this was not the end of it. He would get me I knew. He and the others had these weird abilities and fought back a lot. Some of us died from them and to them it was success. But the research would not stop there. I had an idea to travel closer to them. The planned boat trip that should be ready to cruise by September or October.

2015, October 15

      I wanted to do this alone with the crew and the scientist I married, but Seivon begged to come along. I let him come since he been fairly interested in everything I been doing. Besides it was time to teach him everything. 
      He has finally proven to shown his value and I decided to let him be with ud.  Celestia knew more about it. I told her everything and since he wasn't old enough to understand I let him come along with his two friends. They were the only children and I had them on the other ship.

2015, November 23

     We've been out for sea for awhile. But there were no signs of anything unusual. It was so usual that it was unusual not being unusual. But then I heard a low sound. It was a voice or two. It was drawing. I could not help myself. I had to see who it was. Everyone else acted like me.
     What was it? It almost made me want to go jump off and see what it was, but that is crazy. Why would I jump off the ship? Why would I jump off my ship? Just then the craziest thing happened. I saw the water get several levels higher and come aboard. Was my eyes messing with me? Or is that just absurd? And I saw something in the water a tail. Two.
     Voices like sirens trying to convince us to jump off and telling the ocean to drown our ship. It was getting worst and the captain was not sending anything to the crew to warn them. There was a possibility I will not survive. After all my success and notes, the people would never be able to read my hard work or look at my careful taken pictures of the creatures. But if someone does find this please take this to a museum or Celestia Rivers. I just hope my sacrifice will reach her.  After all, she is the next one to follow in my stead.
        I watched the water fill each floor and I went to the top floor and into my room. I shut the door writing each word carefully. I hugged my spouse and saw they knew it was their fate too. We were going to die. Was the other ship going to survive? I would not know, but I sent a message to that captain to warn them, so they will survive. I wish for those three to live. I just hope since he is my son, he is not fated to die and fall in the ocean instead of the safeness of lifeboats.   
       The water risen again up to my chest. I hear something out there, but I refuse to let those creatures that I now share to the word to take all this. I will lock and close the door. When the rescuers come to the ship, I know they will be able to find it. I heard a low noise. The water is up to my shoulders. Then I saw it. The blue haired creature now older and it had suffered for what I did to its protectors. I saw hatred in its eyes. I hoped it didn't see me.
      It tore up everything and dragged papers that I knew was from my crews' research on his kind. But the water now by my chin. The truth I now tell is that this is the proof, these creatures and monsters aren't just that. They took away our memories but only my ancestors kept our memories of what they did to us, these things no animal that is known to man calls. Mermaids.

       I felt pale and sickly as I flipped through the last page. His..His parents were the reason I did that. They were the researchers that took several mermaids that time. The last page I almost got sick. There were sick mermaids, notes, and pictures. They were terrible with cut up pictures and of them dead. It was their bodies and what different liquids or things and what the result was on each mermaid.
       Some of it were notes on what to do to a mermaid. It disgusted me. It was cruel. I hated it and it burned me with hatred. And then that was when I realized why everything my brother did makes since. He was the young mermaid the journal talked about. He got away and he was not at the other kingdom during that time.
       They knew what was going on, mother and father and just told me they might not come back if they failed the mission. Failing meant dying. And Seivon's parents.... killed my parents. Melody and Ashton always wondered why he missed the lifeboat. My eyes widened as I figured everything out.

        "Seivon, our dude. He missed the lifeboat, don't ask us how...."

          "Took away your parents?" Queen Lynira gasped and turned her head to me.
        "Yes, I thought you knew being close with Their Majesties..."
         "Oh pacific princess....of K-kimoshei...T-that is so sad. About your parents...." Miza butler also said with pity.
        Everyone knew but me.

        It was because my brother and I cursed it so all researchers and their families would not be able to get out alive. I was too young to understand, and when I saved him I never knew it was the other ship. They were the only survivors, since they were not suppose to even be there. T-they k-k-killed my parents. They are actually dead and not banished to the isle...
      My brother lied to me. Mivozene lied. He lied. He made me think the mermaid council was bad and evil to protect me from this cruel and terrible truths of what these humanics did. No wonder he hates them and going through something like that. This entire thing makes me sick, I just want to leave already. Why did no one tell me?  Did they not trust me?
      No wonder Mivozene especially hates Seivon...
      Wait does he know they are the same?

       'Urghh, can we go..?' Seivon who been silent all this time holds one finger up. He still looking. Should I tell him.

      'Woah! Are you okay?" He turns to face me. And I thought it was me who would get sick if I stay down here too much...  But Angelfish you look not good.' He was being nice. I looked terrible.

      'You need...to see this' He looked at the pictures I showed him and his eyes widened making the same expression as me. It was messed up.

      'That's...!  My parents...Wait what!? No!  They did not, it was just others with the same name!  No...No... That makes it that I....it means that I was... suppose to di-' All of the sudden a large crash was heard and it was if a strong current was pushing us back.
       The amount of time Seivon had left was low. I noticed Seivon's expression and I realized he needed to get out of here. This ship, this place. It was trapping him here. I turned to the door, but it slid back closed....
      We were trapped. I should not of brought him here. This is all my fault. And he is running out of time.

      'Violet I Need...' Just in time, just perfect.

      'I know, I know save your breath!' I yelled.

       'It's hard...' He whispered quietly

       'Shh' I press my finger to his lips hushing him.
         I press my lips on him and breathed in. 'This will help.' I seen humans kiss others and give air. I think it applies the same way, except I actually can give him the ability to keep breathing in the sea for a few extra minutes.

      'I found the picture. We can go!' He rushed to the door.

      'Everything will not budge or break. The door somehow got shut again and now-' I stared in horror.

      'All is locked and being down here so long, nothing works correctly Maybe a window?' He gasped.
     I could tell it was getting harder by the minute to breathe.

     'Are you okay?' I put my hand on his shoulder.

     'Yeah... It's...fine, let's just worry about escaping.' My eyebrows furrowed. I hated when he does this as well.

      'What? No! You are important too.' I could not believe him. Does he not see it?

      I pressed my mouth to him. 'Stop worrying about me. I thought I already told you that!'

     I stared in shock, 'But what if you-'

       'Relax Mira, I made it this far. Focus on getting out of here please...Nothing gonna happen to me.....I..' He smiled. Genuinely.
     He held my pendant as it dangled from his neck. Then I had an idea.

       Without a pendant I was almost powerless unable to do much mermaid magic, but with it I could control the seas and do whatever with the seas that I want. Well in this kingdom that is. I could destroy anything and just wish it and soon it will happen and nothing would stop me.
      I mean that is the exact reason why the dark spirits want our pendants. I could make the oceans crash down this place and then it all be better. I can not deal with the fact what his parents did and what they found out. I rather nobody finds out that, mermaid, or human.

      If all evidence would be gone then Seivon would be the perfect human. 'Seivon..I need my pendant. I think we can escape, but I need it.' He nodded, saying nothing. He reached and slowly took my pendant off for the second time today. He closed his eyes, hanging on to me.
      'GreAT seA My hOMe laND quICKLy zen maKE and inVAde the shiP of the seATOn OcEANIza.' And it became madness. Ocean currents from many place crashed into the place. We both held onto the other. Currents from many directions pushed into it.
     Fish and many others were all around trying to break in where we were. Water flowed dangerously and then I heard it.

Crack.

      It all started falling apart. And with the first crack came another and another. The windows were falling and pieces were scattering. I got us out of there and came to the surface, faster than I ever swam before. It was the pendant I thought. Thank you, thank you. And now finally Seivon and I can finally be free and out. And this proves it actually work.
       'Seivon... I...We did it!' I exclaimed, but I looked at him and he was unconscious. No...No, when was the last time he said something? It been forever and that must of been when. He gave me my pendant than held on and... I quickly and frantically pulled him to the nearest shore, which was indeed Wellington.
      As I pulled him to the shore, I hoped that no human would come. It has been awhile. I felt his breath, but only so faintly. Oh no...
      He is not dead is he? Is this it? Just then I heard someone's presence, but I did not care. Tears fall from my eyes because I realized the truth. I felt no breathing.

   Their goal was complete, Seivon Rivers, the last remaining one was finally dead after four years.

New Author's Note
Legend here, you know how that letter that she couldn't read in the beginning, I totally forgot what that was supposed to say 😢.

It was basically kinda a reveal of what was going to happen but I don't remember the exact words.

.
.

Two more chapters to go...And an epilogue Do not kill me, yet.

This is not even the worst part.
Evil grins... 😱😈
So what you think?

Journal?
Yeah the journals made it super long being around 2-3k words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308 1 27
Prophesied at birth that she would defeat Poseidon's last remaining enemy once she reached the age of eighteen, Amarédasse has been kept virtually a...
2.2K 96 15
Imagine knowing your whole life that you were different, unlike everyone that surrounded you. Knowing that when you came of age, you would transform...
1.5K 119 14
Available at my Ko-fi page only. Soon to be release in google books. Follow ko-fi.com/bellaxtina _______________________________ SYNOPSIS Imagine wa...
208K 14.9K 50
Cass has no memories of her parents, only impossible dreams of waves and orcas and, sometimes, her mother's voice. When she and her adopted aunt retu...